Attractions that should retire | Inside Universal Forums

Attractions that should retire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 5, 2013
Twister needs to go. It has nothing to do with the New York Area and is a waste of time. Create a theater and Put Wicked in it place

Fear Factor, I understand a park needs shows but I think this should retire and Universal should make an atraction based on the movie Oblivion

The whole San Francisco area I think needs a retheme. Sorry but Disaster isnt fun anymore

Twister needs to go. It has nothing to do with the New York Area and is a waste of time. Create a theater and Put Wicked in it place

Fear Factor, I understand a park needs shows but I think this should retire and Universal should make an atraction based on the movie Oblivion

The whole San Francisco area I think needs a retheme. Sorry but Disaster isnt fun anymore
That would be....Wicked! Sorry, I couldn't resist. But yes, Twister needs to go.

Toon Lagoon Theater needs something much better than ArgoCircus. My other idea concerning Wicked would be to put it in the Toon Lagoon Theater with the exterior themed to The Emerald City and turn the whole area around the front into Munchkin Land with 2-3 kid friendly flat rides. With a winding yellow brick road leading back to the theater.

A complete retheme of Toon Lagoon to Wicked. Just joking. Sorry. Theme it to "CSA" (Confederate States of America) Bluto's becomes the fictional Cahulawassee River. (You probably don't know that name, but I bet money you know the famous Banjo song and the movie it's from. Dudley's becomes Smokey and the Bandit themed. And the Toon Lagoon Theater becomes a stage show called "Bloody Mingo" telling the story of the Hatfield and McCoy's famous feud. OR a stage show based on Spielberg's "Lincoln".

That would be....Wicked! Sorry, I couldn't resist. But yes, Twister needs to go.

Toon Lagoon Theater needs something much better than ArgoCircus. My other idea concerning Wicked would be to put it in the Toon Lagoon Theater with the exterior themed to The Emerald City and turn the whole area around the front into Munchkin Land with 2-3 kid friendly flat rides. With a winding yellow brick road leading back to the theater.

A complete retheme of Toon Lagoon to Wicked. Just joking. Sorry. Theme it to "CSA" (Confederate States of America) Bluto's becomes the fictional Cahulawassee River. (You probably don't know that name, but I bet money you know the famous Banjo song and the movie it's from. Dudley's becomes Smokey and the Bandit themed. And the Toon Lagoon Theater becomes a stage show called "Bloody Mingo" telling the story of the Hatfield and McCoy's famous feud. OR a stage show based on Spielberg's "Lincoln".

I agree twister isn't a very good attraction. But it's a very small space between the music plaza, sound stages and sound stage 33. And putting Rockit made in made it even worse. A theater wouldn't fit at all.

Again I agree Fear Factor has run it's course, but replacing it with an attraction isn't the best idea either. Shows pull people off the streets when the park is busy, they are something the entire family can go to together, they give people who have issues with rides something to do (you get a lot of people who come with the family but don't like rides, my favorite example is Shaq), and when you build all rides you basically turn into a six flags.

As far as Disaster goes, it needs a little TLC (And I would prefer it go back to being earthquake) but it's hardly time for it to go. As a pass holder yes it's not really all that interesting. But as a ride at a vacation destination it is unique and makes the people happy. Remember it's more about what delights the out of town guests that at best come once a year, and usually come every few years.

Beetlejuice and Disaster simultaneously....:sneaky:

You have been warned :skellington:

Seriously though nothing needs to go more than Fear Factor, Toon Theater, and Kidszone.

I like Twister, I would much rather see Fear Factor go, along with Shrek, the Toon Lagoon Theater, and the KidZone (except for the ball pit)

Beetlejuice and Disaster simultaneously....:sneaky:

You have been warned :skellington:

Seriously though nothing needs to go more than Fear Factor, Toon Theater, and Kidszone.
I've always wanted Beetlejuice gone and either Disaster extended or another ride put in Beetlejuice's place. If they demoed the bathrooms and offices and also used Disasters overflow queue, it could work!

I'd move Beetlejuice elsewhere.

But I'm in agreement with everyone...Toon Lagoon amphitheater is a waste of space...and Kid Zone needs to be completely redone and the expansion pad should become accessible...

I don't really have a problem with Twister or Shrek right now. I'd rather see all open land plots filled before we start removing attractions again.

YOU ARE FUNNY!!!
I am sorry but I am one of the few that really enjoys Twister...I like the show alot and I like watching the movie and calling Helen Hunt the C word when she says her name...I like it when its really hot and to get out of the rain lol and I like it because my mom will come in when I go with them. Old people need things to do too besides waiting for everyone to ride coasters.

I also like the Beetlejuice show but they could definitely DEFINITELY update the music and still have a fun show with the Universal monsters. IDK why they cant do newer songs once in a while they get the permissions for Bill and Ted every year to use current things.

And that theater in IOA...I have never seen anything there even when IOA was new I dont remember ever going in there. Definitely could use that area for something...Never against a new show all there is is Sinbad over there what would be so hard about making a spiderman show?

Disaster is fun...once. Its way too long, always was even when it was Earthquake. Its just a crowd eater I guess. I dont know why they would be considering scrapping it though when they just did all the changes with Christopher Walken that was only a few years ago...but agreed San Francisco area is oddly lacking, to me it blended well with Amity now its like Disaster and the bathroom.i am definitely in favor of a Kong 360 make over for Disaster train but dont see how they could do that in that area

Its just interesting that the top attractions people are talking about getting rid of are "show" buildings. I guess Universal isn't as strong in the show department as other theme parks are.

I agree though. I feel that the next round of attractions should be Twister and Kidzone. I think Kidzone could be down the road, because they could seriously use that plot of land for something great. Twister is just the most pointless attraction. I cant get over that it is still there. So dated.

I would love to see something else bring back some life into that area, because right now its a bit dead.

That goes to my other point. The thing with USF right now, is that the majority of people are in only certain spots. Right by the entrance, Simpsons, and soon to be DA. They just to disperse the crowds...thats why I think Twister, Earthquake, and Terminator all need to go in the next few years. Bring back some purpose to those lands.

YOU ARE FUNNY!!!
I am sorry but I am one of the few that really enjoys Twister...I like the show alot and I like watching the movie and calling Helen Hunt the C word when she says her name...I like it when its really hot and to get out of the rain lol and I like it because my mom will come in when I go with them. Old people need things to do too besides waiting for everyone to ride coasters.

All those would apply to a Wicked show, though :lol: There's several characters that could be called C-Hunts :lol: And it'd be a show, so you would still be able to get out of the rain, and the heat, and your mom (and everyone in the family) could enjoy it. It'd also have special effects like Twister. But, it'd just be way more interesting overall and something completely different for the park to offer. As we stand, Twister and Disaster are very similar things. Not just in showing you "movie making" but also in the theme of "natural disasters." That's why I wouldn't mind getting rid of one, and Twister is the weaker of the two. Oh, and a Broadway theater would totally fit in to the New York area much better than Twister.

Honestly, the only problem I see with Twister is the pre-shows. The acting is terrible. The attraction itself isn't bad.

In USF... (In this order...)

-Kidszone
-Fear Factor
-Shrek
-Twister

In IOA

-Toon Lagoon
-Attractions in LC (Not the land)
-Doctor Doom

You've got IOA mixed up. Lost Continent should be first priority. It has two so-so shows and no rides. Toon Lagoon has two awesome water rides and a fun play area for the kids. I don't think TL should be priority #1 at IOA.

All those would apply to a Wicked show, though :lol: There's several characters that could be called C-Hunts :lol: And it'd be a show, so you would still be able to get out of the rain, and the heat, and your mom (and everyone in the family) could enjoy it. It'd also have special effects like Twister. But, it'd just be way more interesting overall and something completely different for the park to offer. As we stand, Twister and Disaster are very similar things. Not just in showing you "movie making" but also in the theme of "natural disasters." That's why I wouldn't mind getting rid of one, and Twister is the weaker of the two. Oh, and a Broadway theater would totally fit in to the New York area much better than Twister.

Im definitely on board with the Wicked idea I think that could make a good show or the Spiderman musical...Id just rather it was in the Fear factor stage than in Twister if they did something like that