Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BTW, not only did they make a mistake on the permits with the number of rooms, I believe the description should say window wall exterior and not winsow wall.
How do you mistake 399 and 400 though? That's not just a standard typo.

BTW, not only did they make a mistake on the permits with the number of rooms, I believe the description should say window wall exterior and not winsow wall.

It is a typo, but they meant Winslow wall:

latest

Caution don't get too close:

4556703-carl+winslow.jpg

Looks like some of the Cabana Bay parking areas will be demolished and replaced with a new parking garage with the towers.

Screenshot%202015-09-12%20at%204.13.52%20PM_zps3jt6qbt4.png

Wow, this is out of left field! I wonder if this will be on the west or east side. I assume east as there is so little room on the the west (which already has a mini garage).

They must be getting more southern car traffic than they anticipated. ???

Yup. Just booked a stay on-site for Horror Nights and the three Deluxe hotels were sold out and there was only a Courtyard Family Poolside at Cabana left... for more than I paid for any of my 5 stays last year. :lol: They could use more rooms ASAP.

Makes me thankful that I booked my room back in early July.

You definitely should be. I've kept checking since I booked and it's sold out, sold out, sold out. That's money being left on the table with people being forced to go offsite, to Disney, etc.

They might just be talking about the existing pool areas.

Speaking of, this might be a stupid question but.....if you want to go from the pool area with the water slide and walk over to the pool area with the lazy river, do you have to walk through the lobby to do it? Just wondering, since it looks that way based off overhead pictures.

Could be. I just don't know if that would be on the new plans submitted. And if it was the existing pool area, I would assume it had already passed that part of the inspection when it opened and would have an exit that terminated at a public way.

But I would not be surprised if we get more than just some hotel rooms...

Reactions: martymcflyy85

Speaking of, this might be a stupid question but.....if you want to go from the pool area with the water slide and walk over to the pool area with the lazy river, do you have to walk through the lobby to do it? Just wondering, since it looks that way based off overhead pictures.
Don't have to walk through the lobby but that's the shortest route. Cabana has a little bit of a weird layout that takes some getting used to

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Happy to report that Cabana Bay has kept up its existing areas since opening - in a family suite right now and haven't encountered a single issue. Very friendly staff, great service at the bars.
Great to hear that. I was blown away by our visit last September. It was far better than I expected. My only concern was how the furniture would hold up, since it wasn't the same quality as the Deluxes. Good to hear that it's still functioning at a high level.

I still think they need to tweak the fridge handles. There is a pretty sharp edge on the plate that connects to the handle itself and with it not being flush against the fridge it poses a hazard, as I so gracefully found out on my first stay there :lol:

Could be. I just don't know if that would be on the new plans submitted. And if it was the existing pool area, I would assume it had already passed that part of the inspection when it opened and would have an exit that terminated at a public way.

But I would not be surprised if we get more than just some hotel rooms...

I think that they just don't want anything built with the two towers to block the existing pool exits.

They NEED way more parking. I was in Starlight this weekend and had to park all the way in Castaway. I know that probably doesn't mean anything to some of you. But it's far. And that was one space open and plenty of people parked on sides that were not actual spaces.