Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey is Cabana worth staying in? We're a couple 25 year olds.
When my family comes down to visit they have always stayed at Disney. This past summer I convinced them to stay at Cabana Bay and they we're blown away! They loved the pool and hung out there more than the parks. They have since told me Cabana Bay is the only place they'll stay on future trips. The price, convenience and ambiance to them is a better value than any of the Disney properties they've stayed at.

When my family comes down to visit they have always stayed at Disney. This past summer I convinced them to stay at Cabana Bay and they we're blown away! They loved the pool and hung out there more than the parks. They have since told me Cabana Bay is the only place they'll stay on future trips. The price, convenience and ambiance to them is a better value than any of the Disney properties they've stayed at.
The hotel resort is just amazing. Looks like it's one of the favorite places for the Elizabeth, Elizabeth Twp. crowd. :)

I haven't even stayed at Cabana Bay yet, but I've visited 5 times. It's just so fun to be there. It's really an amazing resort.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not huge news but the additional level of the existing garage will add an additional 250 parking spaces to that structure. Still working to find out how many the new structure will hold.

Reactions: Brian G.
They are, but I'm sure they have to close the old one for a while to add the second level.

I am not sure in this situation, but often parking structures like this can be expanded upon without completely closing. Possibly just closing the top floor and having a skirt around the scaffolding just in case of a falling tool.

I am not sure in this situation, but often parking structures like this can be expanded upon without completely closing. Possibly just closing the top floor and having a skirt around the scaffolding just in case of a falling tool.
They are having team members park in the Universal Team lot while they expand the garage.

I'm at Cabana Bay right now for 2 weeks, and on day 1 it had already become my favourite on-line resort, this place is just outstanding! We're actually spending very little time at the parks, the lure of the lazy river is just too darn strong! :D
It's a great resort, isn't it. We were just blown away and it was way beyond our expectations. We drive down from Pa., so we don't ever get in until dark. We walked out of the lobby to check out the courtyard/pool area. It was absolutely stunning with all the bright neon and really nice landscaping/pool area. Now it's standard fare for us to do three, four or five days at CBBR until we move onto Portofino for the duration of our vacation. The Lazy River is really nice, especially since it doesn't get crowded like most Lazy Rivers do. It was pure genius to require you to bring or purchase your own floating device. That policy keeps the masses out. The pool bars/restaurants are really cool and the food court kind of reminds me of the DHS Hollywood Drive In restaurant. The suites are a fantastic value. You can't beat CBBR for value/cost ratio for a theme park resort. The only drawback is no Express, but you can work around that if you go to the parks in the morning and/or late day and go back to the pool/lazy river during the hot humid afternoons.

It's a great resort, isn't it. We were just blown away and it was way beyond our expectations. We drive down from Pa., so we don't ever get in until dark. We walked out of the lobby to check out the courtyard/pool area. It was absolutely stunning with all the bright neon and really nice landscaping/pool area. Now it's standard fare for us to do three, four or five days at CBBR until we move onto Portofino for the duration of our vacation. The Lazy River is really nice, especially since it doesn't get crowded like most Lazy Rivers do. It was pure genius to require you to bring or purchase your own floating device. That policy keeps the masses out. The pool bars/restaurants are really cool and the food court kind of reminds me of the DHS Hollywood Drive In restaurant. The suites are a fantastic value. You can't beat CBBR for value/cost ratio for a theme park resort. The only drawback is no Express, but you can work around that if you go to the parks in the morning and/or late day and go back to the pool/lazy river during the hot humid afternoons.

Yeah, we've kinda gotten round the Express issue by upgrading our Power Passes to Premier Passes for the express option after 16:00. We lie in every morning, wake up and enjoy the quiet pools at the resort whilst everyone else is in the parks, then have a nice few hours of walk-on rides in the evening. I don't think we'll ever vacation here any other way from now on!

Quick question about Cabana Bay. My husband and I almost always stay at Royal Pacific for our yearly Universal trip, but after hearing about how great Cabana Bay is for price, we decided to give it a go. At Royal Pacific, when we would arrive well before check in, we had the option of leaving our luggage at the Bell Service and spending time at Citywalk and the Parks. Does Cabana Bay, because they don't have a Bell Service, have an option of holding luggage while waiting for your room? Our flight is getting in at 9:30 am, so we'll be there far before check in.

Cabana Bay is running a special right now for discounted rooms between 4/17 - 5/25. Rooms as low as $113. per night. I wonder if a hold out for Kong is having this effect?
I ran my vacation dates in May through just now. The rates were the same APH rate I received when I booked in Jan. , and the regular seasonal rate seemed about the same as it was in Jan. So perhaps its just an ad move or tool. I don't see a big advertisement special on the site like they've been running for Sapphire Falls.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Quick question about Cabana Bay. My husband and I almost always stay at Royal Pacific for our yearly Universal trip, but after hearing about how great Cabana Bay is for price, we decided to give it a go. At Royal Pacific, when we would arrive well before check in, we had the option of leaving our luggage at the Bell Service and spending time at Citywalk and the Parks. Does Cabana Bay, because they don't have a Bell Service, have an option of holding luggage while waiting for your room? Our flight is getting in at 9:30 am, so we'll be there far before check in.

I believe so but not 100% sure

I ran my vacation dates in May through just now. The rates were the same APH rate I received when I booked in Jan. , and the regular seasonal rate seemed about the same as it was in Jan. So perhaps its just an ad move or tool. I don't see a big advertisement special on the site like they've been running for Sapphire Falls.

I wondered about that price point being typical. Perhaps it is great for non AP holders?

I wondered about that price point being typical. Perhaps it is great for non AP holders?
I haven't been able to find the ad you mentioned, but I'm referring to the rates for a 4 night stay, which gives a small discount, and that regular seasonal rate was just about the same as they had in Jan. for a May booking, as was the AP rate.