CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

CineSational: A Symphonic Spectacular

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Initial thoughts:
-Agree with the runtime. Just a *smidge* too long.
-Drones are really cool, but I wish they were closer? Is that a possibility? Is that what the still under construction shed for?
-Worried about the longevity of the show. I know there have been tons of drone shows at the theme park already, but are any of them permanent shows? Or will the HHN season be the "refurb" period for drone maintenance?

Good deal. I was worried they might decide to do their special 7/4 "pyrotechnic display" in place of it.

If memory serves me right, they did both when Celebration was running.

-Drones are really cool, but I wish they were closer? Is that a possibility? Is that what the still under construction shed for?

Maybe it doesn't translate on video but I wholeheartedly disagree with that. Otherwise - Nope & Nope.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I really like it! There’s a level of cohesion that has been missing from other Universal nighttime shows. Music is fantastic, drones are cool, but feels like it needs more. A good start with the drones!

I love some of the fountain work, some neat stuff going on, but there are times the fountains looked messy or not cohesive. There also some fountain elements I don’t quite understand why they’d put in the lagoon, but I need to see those ones a bit better to understand (they seem to be off to the sides).

Question for anyone who’s seen the show in person, are these fountains an upgrade from the previous iteration? The water screens don’t seem as clear in some of the videos I’ve seen.

I think someone stated they are adding fire effects once that small building is finished.

Definitely hoping so, there's some moments in the show where fire would make for a nice addition. The one that instantly comes to mind is...

The end of Peaches with Bowser breathing fire everywhere, it definitely felt like something was supposed to happen in that segment, but it didn't. I can see some of the action scenes utilizing the fire as well.

Question for anyone who’s seen the show in person, are these fountains an upgrade from the previous iteration? The water screens don’t seem as clear in some of the videos I’ve seen.
Yes they. have more fountains that don't just shoot in a straight line from the spout.

Saw the show tonight. It was FANTASTIC! Squeezed into Central Park right at 9pm since I was running late but since the fountains and everything has height, it was still a great view. I'll try to get there earlier next time to try to be on the water.

The groupings of some of the properties was interesting but overall extremely well done. The drone tech is still so new that each use of it responded in audible 'wow's from the audience. I loved me some Cinematic Celebration but this show is epic in its own right.

I know it just opened, but it will be good to get reports on what time to find your spot and wait pre show. My next vacation here this is a major priority officially. Great cap to my first night!
Get there early. I was about 20/25 minutes early today in the AP section and was essentially in the back. of course, opening day, but still. Don’t chance it.

So it’s ending Aug 25 because of Halloween Horror Nights? Does that mean it might be back for the Christmas season? I’ll be there first week of December.

I don’t understand why they would invest so much time and money into a great new show that only runs for a few months.