CityWalk Expansion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I'm not a hot dog guy...but when I went to check out the HDHoF last time we were at Universal I was shocked that it was only the dog that you get for $6..Perhaps I just don't get it, but that seems to be a bit much, even for a ball park dog..

At Five Guys for instance I can get a dog for $4.91 with all the toppings I want..

Last edited:
If memory serves, Nathans was getting $8 or $9 for a dog and fries before Amity closed, so prices seem roughly in line with that.

The problem all over Universal is that quick-serve prices are jacked up (like any theme park), but table-service prices are quite reasonable, even by real world standards. Unless you really want a Krusty Burger or to eat in the Leaky, I see no reason not to drop a couple extra bucks for better food and atmosphere at Finns or Vivo or Hard Rock or anywhere...

Last edited:
I want to know what kind of person considers a hot dog just a snack? I must have a real small appetite.

I am not a big fan of hot dogs, but I do want to give this place a try. What is surprising to me, is before the place opened, but the menu sign was up, the prices listed were $3.25. Guess it was just a filler until they put the real prices in.

I think a big issue with this place is that it is basically outdoors, and I don't think there are even any roll-down plastic covers or a roof to protect from the rain, like Red Oven has. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I ate at HDHOF on Saturday and got a regular Nathan's, and it's exactly that but overpriced (that's not even including fries). If you're looking for a meal go somewhere else in Citywalk for a few dollars more.

I think a big issue with this place is that it is basically outdoors, and I don't think there are even any roll-down plastic covers or a roof to protect from the rain, like Red Oven has. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The stadium seating is covered.

At Busch Stadium we get a bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with baked beans, pickles, fried onions, mustard, pico de gallo, and St. Louis BBQ sauce. It costs $9 with no sides. I find it goes down best with an $8.25 16 oz beer.

st-louis-bbq-bacon-dog_zps7f12cf1e.jpg

At Busch Stadium we get a bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with baked beans, pickles, fried onions, mustard, pico de gallo, and St. Louis BBQ sauce. It costs $9 with no sides. I find it goes down best with an $8.25 16 oz beer.

About the same here in Pittsburgh at PNC Park. And, we may go down to the wire again in this year's pennant race, even though we've had a ton of injuries like your Cards. Heh, it looks like we'll just miss you at Universal. We'll be there from Sept. 6th - 19th.

About the same here in Pittsburgh at PNC Park. And, we may go down to the wire again in this year's pennant race, even though we've had a ton of injuries like your Cards. Heh, it looks like we'll just miss you at Universal. We'll be there from Sept. 6th - 19th.

Hey there, Mad Dog! We will be there starting September 9th so we can actually get that Duffs beer we spoke about last year.:cheers: I will get in touch with you when the trip gets nearer if you still want to meet up for a drink or two.

That looks amazing. Yankee Stadium offers nothing like that. Was just there today and it is 6 bucks for a plain hot dog. So the price ranges at Hot Dog Hall of Fame are accurate to that of a baseball stadium.

Hey there, Mad Dog! We will be there starting September 9th so we can actually get that Duffs beer we spoke about last year.:cheers: I will get in touch with you when the trip gets nearer if you still want to meet up for a drink or two.
Great. We'll be at Cabana from Sat. till Thursday morning, then we're going over to Royal Pacific till the 19th. PM me before Dept. 5th & I'll give you a cell number to reach us.

I ate at HDHoF yesterday. They have 9 different types of dogs, plus a foot long, a 2 foot long, and a chicken sausage, plus fries, home made chips, beer, and soda.

I wasn't real impressed, but I am not a hot dog lover. The home made chips were wonderful, but the price of everything is high. ALL of the dogs (except for the foot longs and chicken sausage) are $6.99, which is not how I would price it. A dog with just sauerkraut (the New York, which is what I had), should not be the same price as a dog with pulled pork on top.

For a hot dog, chips (fries are the same price), and a small soda, I spent $10 with my TM discount. For a few dollars more I could have a great meal at Vivo or Antojito's. It does fill a niche, because not everyone wants sit down service, some people love hot dogs, and it is open for lunch.

We also ate at HDHoF on Saturday night, I got the chili dog. It was alright but nothing great or spectacular, but Nascar's was way better and I think about the same price with sides. Personally this isn't up in my top lists anywhere and won't go out of my way to eat there.

I need to give Breadbox another try, and actually eat my sandwich there while it's fresh.

Which reminds me, Thursday night I had someone ask for Cigarz and the candy store.

I need to give Breadbox another try, and actually eat my sandwich there while it's fresh.

Which reminds me, Thursday night I had someone ask for Cigarz and the candy store.

Was in line for the sushi place and someone was asking my boyfriend and I if we remembered a Cigarz place and he was saddened when he learned it wasn't there anymore.

I went back to Breadbox Saturday with a friend, after a movie. It was good, not great, service was pretty quick, but honestly, nothing to write home about. I would chose Breadbox over HDHoF, but that's just me.