CityWalk Expansion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Well essentially you are turning it into a Disney vs Universal debate since no mention of Disney was made until you brought it up again...

But to appease your request everything at CityWalk or more specifically the new additions have been very well received with the exception of Bread Box. And even then people are not so much upset with the food quality as much as the portions and price. Then there is the time lines which lets face it are more aggressive at Universal. Disney is spreading it out over 4 fiscal years while Universal will of opened up 8 new offerings in the time a parking garage is built. So while it's obvious the projects are very different and the scales are different I think many tend to mock Disney Springs because of the chaos unfolding, the lack of current and unique offerings, and again it's timeline. It's really just a one sided contest right now and many people see that.
I don't want to really respond to this too much so as to get the thread back on topic, but since nothing is open yet besides Starbucks at Disney Springs, I don't see how you can say there is more unique offerings.

I know Disney spreads costs, but you can't judge the final product based on something you haven't experienced. I'll just leave it there. I seriously didn't mean to start and Disney/Uni debate, I just genuinely wanted to hear what you had to say. I'll stop now. :focus:

Glad NASCAR is going.

Havent been on in a while, but does it matter I saw BoxTroll Characters in City Walk? For any purposes dealing with Universal?
IF this has been talked about again sorry, havent logged on in a while.

IMAG0356_zpsvoxpt98c.jpg

I don't want to really respond to this too much so as to get the thread back on topic, but since nothing is open yet besides Starbucks at Disney Springs, I don't see how you can say there is more unique offerings.

Exactly this. Moreover, the only things officially announced yet are another American cuisine casual family restaurant and a bar of some sort. Anything else is rumor at best, wild fanboi speculation at worst.

Now, CityWalk v. I-Drive 360 ... that might be a debate worth having. :catfight:

Reactions: Nick
Exactly this. Moreover, the only things officially announced yet are another American cuisine casual family restaurant and a bar of some sort. Anything else is rumor at best, wild fanboi speculation at worst.

Now, CityWalk v. I-Drive 360 ... that might be a debate worth having. :catfight:

Agreed. I call out the Disney hate when it is too biased and in this case you made your own point. You stated the only thing open is a chain place you can find at every corner. Personally a bad chain place, but that is just my personal opinion because I used to work in the coffee business. So how can we even say Disney is going to be good or bad when we have no clue what is going in there? All we can say about it is that it is taking too long (which it is) and that right now it is a mess (which it is). And to say it is a mess because of the work being done is also not right, the traffic and parking situation has been a mess for at least 10+ years. Because I remember trying to find a parking spot one night over 10 years ago and not being able to find anything. So the fact that Disney is only addressing this now is something to mock and the fact that a whole section has been closed down for how many years with nothing being done there is also something to mock.

Wan't there a Hyde and Jekyll rumor once? That would be awesome to see.

There was, tho rumored location became BreadBox/Menchies. Has a timetable been announced yet? Would go a long way in telling whether this is going to be NBC Sports or something truly new and unique.

No clue what their gonna replace NASCAR with but Imo it would have to be something Sportsbar related. I would love to see a Buffalo Wild Wings and come to think about their isn't really a "wing" place in Citywalk is there? Regardless though I think this is a great move and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other changes made to Citywalks amazing overhaul.

That's the worst idea you've ever had.

Sucks to see Nascar go. Although the theme is whatever, I thought the food was really good. Hope something great goes in there.

That's the worst idea you've ever had.

Sucks to see Nascar go. Although the theme is whatever, I thought the food was really good. Hope something great goes in there.

Why is that the worst idea? Buffalo Wild Wings is growing exponentially (total revenue increased 20% from Q1 to Q2 2014). and I think having a sports bar is a must, considering nascar is leaving and there is rumor NBA City is leaving. I don't see how this could possibly be a bad idea.

Why is that the worst idea? Buffalo Wild Wings is growing exponentially (total revenue increased 20% from Q1 to Q2 2014). and I think having a sports bar is a must, considering nascar is leaving and there is rumor NBA City is leaving. I don't see how this could possibly be a bad idea.
Because a B-Dubs is a chain restaurant. Uni can easily create their own sports restaurant/wing house type restaurant if they want.

I do find the irony in that HTF was talking about the originality in the new stuff coming to Citywalk compared to Disney Springs (which cannot possibly be debated yet), yet he's lobbying for a Buffalo Wild Wings.

It sucks. And I think we should try to avoid any strip mall-ification of CityWalk by adding something that can be found everywhere, especially already down on I-Drive.

Lol Buffalo Wild Wings, I'd settle for a hooters before that. I would love an original universal sports bar because universal has such good taste when it comes to their resturants that it would probably be the best sports bar of all time

I'm all for a sports bar coming, but not B-Dubs. You can find them anywhere and they kind of suck anyways...

Yep, totally agree. Been there a couple times every time left not liking the food. I won't be tricked into going again, sure it is a great place to watch a game, but I actually want quality food when watching my football. I don't mind a chain place, but not one I can find 20 other places in Orlando. I want something new to Orlando at least.

to much hate on hates comment of BWW.. BWW here in south florida is great im sure HTF was just throwing out the idea of a wing place.. i'd greatly prefer a wings focused sports bar.. the NBC Sports bar sounds great for that location idk why the J&H sounds more appropriate for the NBA location once a SPORTS bar opens up in the current NASCAR location... With Hotdog hall of fame and an "NBC Sports bar" think sports is pretty much covered... and hey what are forums for if not for debate and expression of thoughts and questions.. You could argue that while universal could've gone the easy route by opening up a franchise chain in the location of Breadbox with say a subway jimmy johns Quiznos location they decided to go with original.. beats the hell out of Wetzel pretzel and Mc Donalds.

this is for all my south Floridians or those who have been to south florida ... how about a restaurant with a Flanigans type menu in city walk?

http://www.flanigans.net/

Lastly,

I feel Universal is doing a great job with these new locations they're bringing in, they truly find the middle of a budget its not too fancy but not too cheap either..

to much hate on hates comment of BWW.. BWW here in south florida is great im sure HTF was just throwing out the idea of a wing place.. i'd greatly prefer a wings focused sports bar.. the NBC Sports bar sounds great for that location idk why the J&H sounds more appropriate for the NBA location once a SPORTS bar opens up in the current NASCAR location... With Hotdog hall of fame and an "NBC Sports bar" think sports is pretty much covered... and hey what are forums for if not for debate and expression of thoughts and questions.. You could argue that while universal could've gone the easy route by opening up a franchise chain in the location of Breadbox with say a subway jimmy johns Quiznos location they decided to go with original.. beats the hell out of Wetzel pretzel and Mc Donalds.

this is for all my south Floridians or those who have been to south florida ... how about a restaurant with a Flanigans type menu in city walk?

http://www.flanigans.net/

Lastly,

I feel Universal is doing a great job with these new locations they're bringing in, they truly find the middle of a budget its not too fancy but not too cheap either..

A sports place with wings would be great and maybe BWW is better in South Florida, but here in Central it is not very good. At least every time I have gone. I also do not have full faith in Universal since I still think their ice cream selections weren't the best. Sure they will be popular and people will go because it is ice cream, but I feel they could have done so much better. Menchies that is a fad people will get sick of, I know I did. Cold Stone is just bad ice cream. If you taste the ice cream itself it is not good. The only thing that makes it taste good is the toppings and you pay an arm & a leg for it. It would be much better to have a place that makes homemade ice cream on site that uses quality ingredients. You get a place like that and people will go multiple times on one vacation. I know, we found one on our vacation in Myrtle Beach and from reviews we are not the only one going multiple times on our trip.

Yeah i've gone several time to BWW here in SoFlo and it has been a pleasant visit each time... however the BWW on I-Drive by Universal is VERY far from great but IMO its alll staffing and management issues..

SUPER RANDOM.. and moving away from the restaurant talk for a moment but still Citywalk expansion talk..

How many of us here would like to see Universal bring in a Comedy club? If you ask me the Karaoke club is amazing and the Groove plays great music i also know there are many people who like the other clubs on the upper level but i personally feel that a comedy club would be awesome and Universal could really pull this off..

I got this idea from cruising on Carnival and visiting the George Lopez Punch liner and feel that it would work nicely in citywalk for a multi-day vacation. Thoughts?

Here in Philly (home of Comcast) we have XfinityLive! right within our sports complex (Flyers/Sixers, Phillies, Eagles stadiums/arenas are all in one location). The place is like a mall of food and drink. Great place and is very popular on game days for all 4 sports. My favs inside are Victory Beer Hall and PBR Bar and Grill.

Either one would be a nice replacement for NASCAR.

http://www.xfinitylive.com/dining/pbr-bar-grill