CityWalk Expansion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Any updates on The Cowfish? I really want it to be open by early October so I can give it a try.

I am hoping that Cow Fish and the walking bridge are both ready by Sept 24th, having seen the pics I am starting to loose that hope, I will still keep my fingers crossed.

Either way I still have all the other new openings since last years trip to try, Not only in CW but DA too :happy:

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics! Make sure to keep checking the main site every week for a new update! :cheers:

I am hoping that Cow Fish and the walking bridge are both ready by Sept 24th, having seen the pics I am starting to loose that hope, I will still keep my fingers crossed.

Either way I still have all the other new openings since last years trip to try, Not only in CW but DA too :happy:

Cowfish, maybe... :shrug: but we can't see what the progress is like inside. But the CBBR bridge, I really doubt it will be ready by the end of the month.

Great photos! Where is that vertical TV mounted showing wait times? What a relief to see EFG at 45 min.

That's right outside London, on the Fear Factor Live side, by the bathrooms :thumbs: Keep in mind that the 45-min. wait time was late in the afternoon, and it closed not much longer after that. But definitely the shorter wait times are upon us with the "slower" season! :cheers:

Ughhh Nascar has some of my favorite food on CityWalk. Sometimes I like it better than everything else. The Daytona chili burger is my go to

I think they screwed announcing it and it got out a little early... Probably expect a big Media weekend sometime in October for Kong, more info on Sapphire, and Citywalk Expansion phase II

EDIT; I forgot, Also The 25th anniversary, hopefully no one hunts me down because of that.

It is about time. Do we have anything on what is going there?

I am not sure if any of this external stuff goes through UC, including the hotels, and therefore doesn't go through the channels some of us "focus on". The Water Park did, but then, it is a park.

Then again, Mark W.'s background was as an architect, so... I will have to check and see who this goes through.

It is about time. Do we have anything on what is going there?

Have no clue whatsoever, only thing we got on Facebook was "we are making an amazing concept so don't you worry" hyuck!!! I'm sure it'll be something big and grand. I'm happy for this change, never went in and that was for one reason alone, the theme. Whatever goes there will probably make me want to go there more. My guess is another sports bar but for actual sports people care about like footbawl

Ughhh Nascar has some of my favorite food on CityWalk. Sometimes I like it better than everything else. The Daytona chili burger is my go to

It obviously is not the greatest on property restaurant, but for what it was I liked it. I'm excited to see what comes of the property, and hope it's something the NBC Sports bar we discussed because I think it fits a need for CityWalk.

When it's New Year's weekend, January 2nd, and you go into NASCAR and they warn you that they may only be open another couple hours due to low capacity, then it's time to go.

No clue what their gonna replace NASCAR with but Imo it would have to be something Sportsbar related. I would love to see a Buffalo Wild Wings and come to think about their isn't really a "wing" place in Citywalk is there? Regardless though I think this is a great move and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other changes made to Citywalks amazing overhaul.

No clue what their gonna replace NASCAR with but Imo it would have to be something Sportsbar related. I would love to see a Buffalo Wild Wings and come to think about their isn't really a "wing" place in Citywalk is there? Regardless though I think this is a great move and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other changes made to Citywalks amazing overhaul.
I don't want to turn this into a Disney/Universal debate, but can I just ask why when it's Universal, Citywalk's overall is "amazing", but whenever anyone mentions Disney Springs, which is unquestionably having more work put into it, the project gets mocked?

I'm a fan of both resorts and I don't want to turn this into some big debate, I'm simply wondering.

Would rather see a Quaker Steak & Lube than a Buffalo Wild Wing. Something different that you can't get anywhere else in Orlando (closest is Tampa) and the wings there are amazing. Plus the interior is cooler than BWW and personally every time I go to BWW the service and food is not the best. Food takes forever and the food normally comes out cold or burnt.

I don't want to turn this into a Disney/Universal debate, but can I just ask why when it's Universal, Citywalk's overall is "amazing", but whenever anyone mentions Disney Springs, which is unquestionably having more work put into it, the project gets mocked?

I'm a fan of both resorts and I don't want to turn this into some big debate, I'm simply wondering.
It's simple, citywalk has these really cool, delicious, close to the parks and overall unique restaurants that are either original or incredibly hard to find while Disney springs isn't even done with their parking lot. I know that's an unfair comparison but Downtown Disney right now is an absolute mess, most shops and stores can be found in malls, the theme is a mess and do I even need to mention the hell that is the roads around it? It's hell and since we haven't really gotten a ton of Disney springs info that is actually "exciting" per say, we hsve every right to be all over citywalk right now

It's simple, citywalk has these really cool, delicious, close to the parks and overall unique restaurants that are either original or incredibly hard to find while Disney springs isn't even done with their parking lot. I know that's an unfair comparison but Downtown Disney right now is an absolute mess, most shops and stores can be found in malls, the theme is a mess and do I even need to mention the hell that is the roads around it? It's hell and since we haven't really gotten a ton of Disney springs info that is actually "exciting" per say, we hsve every right to be all over citywalk right now
I won't argue with you that the place is a mess, but it's for the overall betterment of the entire area in the long run. I'd also argue that there are just as many if not more stores/restaurants at Citywalk that can be found at malls as at DTD/Disney Springs.

Also, how exactly is the theme a mess?

Well essentially you are turning it into a Disney vs Universal debate since no mention of Disney was made until you brought it up again...

But to appease your request everything at CityWalk or more specifically the new additions have been very well received with the exception of Bread Box. And even then people are not so much upset with the food quality as much as the portions and price. Then there is the time lines which lets face it are more aggressive at Universal. Disney is spreading it out over 4 fiscal years while Universal will of opened up 8 new offerings in the time a parking garage is built. So while it's obvious the projects are very different and the scales are different I think many tend to mock Disney Springs because of the chaos unfolding, the lack of current and unique offerings, and again it's timeline. It's really just a one sided contest right now and many people see that.