Country Bear Jamboree | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Jamboree

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 13, 2018
Please forgive me if I just hallucinated, I thought I saw that they would be adding Disney songs to the Country Bear Jamboree.

CBJ has been on chopping block for a long time now due to a multitude of issues. First being lack of interest in the show among general day guests, but also, they've been phasing out anything deemed problematic.

Honestly, i'm just happy that the characters are staying around and it's not going full Toy Story at this point. If I had to guess, i'd say that internally they realize that the only group of people CBJ is popular with are the hardcore fans so they're keeping the name and the characters, but Disney-fying it in the style of CBJ.

It's a half-measure.

Honestly glad I got most of these updates through the Parks blog, because the actual live presentation was so shaggy.

EDIT: The bluegrass version of Bear Necessities did sound nice

Last edited:
CBJ has been on chopping block for a long time now due to a multitude of issues. First being lack of interest in the show among general day guests, but also, they've been phasing out anything deemed problematic.

Honestly, i'm just happy that the characters are staying around and it's not going full Toy Story at this point. If I had to guess, i'd say that internally they realize that the only group of people CBJ is popular with are the hardcore fans so they're keeping the name and the characters, but Disney-fying it in the style of CBJ.

It's a half-measure.
Original show was gutted for running time long ago. As long as they keep "Davy Crockett"--a true Disney and American music classic--and an Americana sound, I'm ok with this. Maybe even a bit excited.

The outrage for the CBJ replacement is laughable. You have this tiny hardcore fan base for it while the majority of park guests don’t even know it exists.

The outrage for the CBJ replacement is laughable. You have this tiny hardcore fan base for it while the majority of park guests don’t even know it exists.
Meh. It's a fan favorite and adding some old Disney songs like Bear Necessities isn't suddenly going to increase it's popularity amongst the general day guests. It doesn't really fix anything. Magic Kingdom has much bigger fish they could & should be frying instead (hey Tomorrowland/Stitch's Great Escape space, "beyond Big Thunder" proposal, etc.). Admittedly though, I was always shocked "All the Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down" lasted as long as it did lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150

It's a half-measure.

Agreed, I'll take these changing the songs up and replacing Liver Lips with Romeo McGrowl over whatever Toy Story thing was rumored to replace this.

Reactions: tankart150
This was first pitched in 2004 and worked heavily on from 2018-20 before being put on pause according to this former Imagineer:

Reactions: Nico
We like the show. But we did like the longer version more. Always try to catch it a few times while on vacation. It's a nice way to pause the day, sit down in some nice A.C., and be entertained. It doesn't get a big crowd, but the crowds it gets seem to be very into the show. Lots of applause, laughter and cheering. That big reaction always surprises me. I'm glad they're keeping it, albeit with Disney songs in a Nashville style, but I'm fine with that. We like the Disney music, especially songs from the animated films. The present song list was getting old to me anyway.