Country Bear Jamboree | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Jamboree

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently they gave out posters at closing (after it never re-opened after 2 1/2 hours of downtime):

422423669_10229840964224229_4806172839230027408_n.jpg

I'll just pull out the big gun.

And if these kids can figure it out, I would hope Disney can.

If anything, I wish the final result would end up this country, Plenty of "country covers Disney" albums with more mainstream pop country artists out there. Find a couple of the fun Disney songs with simple chord progressions, it's easy to give them a pop country gloss-over.

Hopefully "Ballad of Davy Crockett" stays, one of probably the three most iconic songs in the history of Disney. I assume it's between that and "Blood on the Saddle."

Went to see CBJ a few final times this week and the crowd energy was great, lots of hollering, stomping, clapping along to the show which was nice to see. The show itself is fun, if not my favorite in Magic Kingdom by any means. It's got a lot of charm and I'm simply glad that we're retaining the name, characters, animatronics, and aesthetics rather than being led into a full Woody's Round-Up makeover or whatever.

I think it's worthwhile to say that if this was just another late January for CBJ, 50+ years after opening and with no threat of extinction, no one in the crowds this week would've been anywhere near as pepped up. It probably would've been a few dozen older folks throughout the day silently sitting down for a bit. One of the operators on Wednesday seemed a bit taken aback by the strong crowd response when I was there.

The show is fun, and there will be something lost here, but I think it is what's best for Magic Kingdom. I can't see them making a show even 1/3rd as instantly dated as Under New Management Tiki Room. I have faith in them to do this makeover right. I'm also happy that these animatronic characters will most likely get some needed plussing.

I only hope Blood on the Saddle makes some kind of return, that's the whole show right there.

Went to see CBJ a few final times this week and the crowd energy was great, lots of hollering, stomping, clapping along to the show which was nice to see. The show itself is fun, if not my favorite in Magic Kingdom by any means. It's got a lot of charm and I'm simply glad that we're retaining the name, characters, animatronics, and aesthetics rather than being led into a full Woody's Round-Up makeover or whatever.

I think it's worthwhile to say that if this was just another late January for CBJ, 50+ years after opening and with no threat of extinction, no one in the crowds this week would've been anywhere near as pepped up. It probably would've been a few dozen older folks throughout the day silently sitting down for a bit. One of the operators on Wednesday seemed a bit taken aback by the strong crowd response when I was there.

The show is fun, and there will be something lost here, but I think it is what's best for Magic Kingdom. I can't see them making a show even 1/3rd as instantly dated as Under New Management Tiki Room. I have faith in them to do this makeover right. I'm also happy that these animatronic characters will most likely get some needed plussing.

I only hope Blood on the Saddle makes some kind of return, that's the whole show right there.
We've always enjoyed the attraction, generally stopping in two or three times each vacation. We were always surprised how much the crowd gets in to the show, especially at the end. Lots of crowd screaming & clapping, and even the occasional standing ovation. Really glad to see it's continuing and an update will only guarantee it lasts longer.

Hearing that the last show broke down mid-performance. Can anyone confirm?
No, around 8:40PM some of the animatronics started to shut down (line officially closed at 9PM as scheduled) so they still planned to run the show until everyone in line got through... but they never got animatronics to work again so no "final show" actually had happened. They kept the line for 2 hours while they attempted repairs, but no luck. They gave out posters and 1 lightning lane for everyone still in line.

Apparently they gave out posters at closing (after it never re-opened after 2 1/2 hours of downtime):

422423669_10229840964224229_4806172839230027408_n.jpg
This was something unexpected, and a nice gesture by Disney.