D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm glad we are getting all these stuff but at the same time, the thing I want to know more about is how much this stuff will cost us the consumer as I see them raising prices immensely.
Disney tickets are already pushing the limits of sustainability. I would hope increases in attendance/capacity can lessen the blow. I also think the star wars hotel makes a ton of money and leads to similar experiences that print money without negatively affecting the average guest.

I feel like Uni have been caught off guard and have wasted several years momentum with their decisions after Diagon. I won't argue VB wasn't a great move, even if I was a little disappointed with the product I saw in early June. I sense complacency (in innovation/final product, not investment)...and I don't think they're going to get away with it anymore...which is great for all of us.
The resort, since 2010 has been unprecedented in terms of theme park tech including this year with VB. Cluster Fs included. How much farther would you like UOR to push the envelope?

Theme park fans remind me,of my ex wife.

"So you lifed the car off the infant, but you can't fix the flat tire? I can't believe I married such a loser!"

The resort, since 2010 has been unprecedented in terms of theme park tech including this year with VB. Cluster Fs included. How much farther would you like UOR to push the envelope?

Theme park fans remind me,of my ex wife.

"So you lifed the car off the infant, but you can't fix the flat tire? I can't believe I married such a loser!"
At the price increases Disney and universal have had in that time, your darn right people expect constant investment.

Currently upcoming/announced attractions (I'm not going to talk about hotels or infrastructure for either) for WDW:
- Toy Story Land with 2 flat rides
- Star Wars Land with 2 e-tickets
- Mickey Mouse e-ticket
- Guardians of the Galaxy e-ticket
- Ratatouille which straddles between d and e-ticket IMO
- Tron e-ticket

Currently upcoming/announced attractions for UOR:
- Fast & Furious e-ticket
- Super Nintendo World with 2 e-tickets and 1 d-ticket... presumably

I know there's stuff like DC replacement and 4th gate coming up, but those haven't been formally announced. It's hard to get excited about the fact that something MIGHT exist in those two cases. So currently, Disney's lineup blows Universal's out of the water IMO, no contest. That's coming from a big Universal and Nintendo fan. Universal could really use a major Orlando announcement ASAP.

Currently upcoming/announced attractions (I'm not going to talk about hotels or infrastructure for either) for WDW:
- Toy Story Land with 2 flat rides
- Star Wars Land with 2 e-tickets
- Mickey Mouse e-ticket
- Guardians of the Galaxy e-ticket
- Ratatouille which straddles between d and e-ticket IMO
- Tron e-ticket

Currently upcoming/announced attractions for UOR:
- Fast & Furious e-ticket
- Super Nintendo World with 2 e-tickets and 1 d-ticket... presumably

I know there's stuff like DC replacement and 4th gate coming up, but those haven't been formally announced. It's hard to get excited about the fact that something MIGHT exist in those two cases. So currently, Disney's lineup blows Universal's out of the water IMO, no contest. That's coming from a big Universal and Nintendo fan. Universal could really use a major Orlando announcement ASAP.

I'd say that Universal has this.

• Fast and Furious - Supercharged
  • The Wizzarding World of Harry Potter - Forbidden Forest
  • Super Nintendo World - The World of Mario
  • Universal South (New Entertainment options, Theme Park)
  • Volcano Bay Expansion
It won't be like Universal doesn't have things in the pipeline. It's just that they don't announce the crap that confuses everyone.

Universal and Disney will get new and exciting additions, but patience is a virtue.

I'd say that Universal has this.

• Fast and Furious - Supercharged
  • The Wizzarding World of Harry Potter - Forbidden Forest
  • Super Nintendo World - The World of Mario
  • Universal South (New Entertainment options, Theme Park)
  • Volcano Bay Expansion
It won't be like Universal doesn't have things in the pipeline. It's just that they don't announce the crap that confuses everyone.

Universal and Disney will get new and exciting additions, but patience is a virtue.
I specified announced things. Forbidden Forest, Universal South, and Volcano Bay expansion are all unannounced. Hence why people are getting antsy.

Reactions: Andysol
I specified announced things. Forbidden Forest, Universal South, and Volcano Bay expansion are all unannounced. Hence why people are getting antsy.

No, the Volcano Bay Expansion was mentioned before in a CNN Article with direct wording that they would've started work a couple of weeks after the opening.

It was that they had to deal with finishing a park that has pushed that back by a bit.

Patience. This D23 proves that Disney comprehends what Universal has done, and that they are wanting to get people back to them with additions like Tron and Guardians, while also improving on Epcot and even bringing Mickey to have his own attraction with Minnie. It's great, and that it'll cause Universal to move forward more on what they desire to do.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Great presentation. It's clear Tron's addition is to take the burden off of SM when it goes down for redevelopment soon.

If Universal thought they could take their good old time with new attractions & lands, this just about forces them to move their timelines up so they don't lose the momentum they've achieved in the last seven years....Get those wrecking balls ready.

There are many projects planned before anything announced by Disney opens. Here's what I know so far...
  • F&F
  • IoA project
  • USF Project
  • Nintendo
  • WnW hotels and entertainment options
  • Fourth park
Before or opening by 2021. And many of the Disney plans go till 2022.

This isn't Disney pulling ahead, it's them pulling along side.

Great presentation. It's clear Tron's addition is to take the burden off of SM when it goes down for redevelopment soon.

There are many projects planned before anything announced by Disney opens. Here's what I know so far...
  • F&F
  • IoA project
  • USF Project
  • Nintendo
  • Fourth park

USF Project...is that a new one? Just wanting to ask out there about that one.

Either way, Disney going all out is actually great, as it will bring more love for the city that has stuff like Universal and Disney, and that more investment will hopefully be made; especially with projects like Guardians and Mickey happening.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

• F&F
  • IoA project
  • USF Project
  • Nintendo
  • Fourth park

Yes, I'm aware of most of that. Just seems they loosened their completion timelines when they acquired the Lockheed property & Dreamworks. And I can understand why...Now, they may need to tighten everything up a notch. :thumbsup:...But one thing that you mentioned, I'm curious about, namely USF Project. :shrug:...Care to share? :):thumbsup:

Last edited:

• F&F
  • IoA project
  • USF Project
  • Nintendo
  • Fourth park

Whoa whoa whoa. Fourth park before 2021?

Whoa whoa whoa. Fourth park before 2021?
Or By.

Not to get too off topic, but if they begin work at the beginning of next year, which if they want to go for 2021 and considering Volcano Bay; that makes sense. And that's also considering the fact that IOA was announced in 1996 and opened about 3 years later.

That said, they would have to have the IPs locked in at this point if that went down, and that they would most likely have to make a formal announcement, but not go too into detail.

So in a sense; that could mean that they would want Gate 4 to go against the 50th.

Talking about the 50th, it's good to remind that it seems like they did held back, so we will most likely get formal announcements of what will be done for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom at 2019's D23.

And Nintendo? I'm very skeptical.

Tokyo's SNW is planned for 2020, and construction is starting already. Kidzone is still open. How are they going to open Nintendo in 2021? Hard to believe.

If they go fast on SNW for Orlando, they could open that version by the end of 2020. And that from what Nintendo seemed to mention; they want the land's to open around the same time. If that means if it's by a few months, then it's not impossible.

After all the doubting from people here I'm so glad Gaurdians was finally confirmed for WDW :tongue:

Agreed. I am more excited to see what Guardians may bring, as it can be great or awful. It's the wildcard to me, while that I think Mickey and Minnie will be a pure sleeper hit.

Reactions: Mike S