Despicable Me/Coke Soak | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me/Coke Soak

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, USH's Facebook page officially announced Despicable Me Minion Mayhem......shocker -_- . They still haven't confirmed the placement, but we're not stupid. They HAVE confirmed 2014 though, as we've started to predict based on the construction going on.

"It's true, the mischievous Minions are coming to Universal Studios Hollywood in 2014! Announcing, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem! Share the news!"

^They were trying to push for this Summer, from what I understand, but I guess the fire caused some delays. Maybe we can get as a surprise Christmas gift, but I'm not going to hold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just as expected, we're getting a clone haha. I'm still curious how they'll 1. Utilize the main show/ride building (if there will be one ride room, screen larger than Florida etc) and 2. How the entire building will be themed. I hope most of it will get a facade and we won't get a little house facade plopped on the entrance....

Would be a shame if we didn't get the dance party. After all, our building is theoretically larger. Any possibility they could add a section to it?

Might be difficult, given how customized the building was to Terminator's design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious what these USH specific surprises may be. I have my doubts it'll be anything major. Still curious if it will indeed be one or two theaters, what the exterior will look like in it's entirety, and what they mean by " specially designed 3D Minion goggles. " .

Yep - just got it confirmed. Our version will indeed have some 'special' surprises in store that won't be found in Orlando.

I wonder if this has something to do with the former Coke Soak playground.

Reactions: spinlok
I'm thinking that they're talking about the play area. After all, the PR describes the same exact queue found in Orlando.
Speaking about the queue, I wonder if they're attempting to enclose a large bulk of it.

I'm also interested in the location of the entrance. They're working on Cyber Grill, but how well integrated is that building with the rest of the Terminator venue? Could they draw a path?

Can't really tell on my phone what that is. Does it maybe have to do with adding further structural support to the parking structure? Probably not, seems like the wrong spot. What do those black things look like?