Despicable Me/Coke Soak | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me/Coke Soak

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do you think at the press event for the master plan they'll reveal any more details beyond Despicable Me and Potter? I hope so! I wish they'd do what Disney did with DCA and show details of the whole plan. Although I feel that they won't only because A. Universal doesn't like doing that and B. I don't think they themselves have an idea of what attractions we'll get beyond Potter and DM. Just guessing.

After the EP 27th vote (assuming it gets passed). When do you think we'll see a press conf.?

Schmosby hit the nail in all of his points.

This isn't a press event or even a press release by any means. Rather, think of this announcement as a hesitant confirmation. The news had broke to a point where it became widespread knowledge. Universal, at this point, had to confirm something.

As for the EP, I doubt there would be an event for that. Remember, the EP is more like a basis for what could happen in the next 5-10 years - not a confirmed, master plan to the extent that California Adventure is/was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
Wouldn't they want to have some sort of press event when they announce the specifics for HP?

Although Harry Potter and the Evolution Plan are closely related, I don't think they'll want to combine the two elements. EP isn't strictly confined to Potter, but rather Universal City as a whole.

This is probably in the wrong forum but...I've noticed at the park quite of bit of Cat and the Hat merchandise with USH printed on it.  Have there been any rumblings on us receiving this ride?

Hmmm...Interesting construction photos. It looks like they tore out the ramp. I guess the entire queue will be flat and they're going to relocate the doors to ground level.

Thanks for the update!

Demolition is still ongoing. I have a feeling that DM is going to only vaguely resemble T2's building when all is said and done.
For our sanity, I hope Hollywood turns out better than Florida. I'm expecting something big. Despicable Me - from what I've seen - seems like a genuinely good ride, and it'll be great if Hollywood could get the 'improved' version for once. They could resort to Florida's current theme of having Gru's house infused with a lab/soundstage, but I'm guessing they want to do something bigger.

After all, there are plenty of possibilities given our wide facade.