Despicable Me/Coke Soak | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me/Coke Soak

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thinking that instead of splitting the theater in two, they'll just make it a larger screen than in Florida and pack in more simulators.

What i would've done as an enhancement was make use of the 180° screens of T2 and add more visual info to Despicable Me

Eh, that COULD work, but i feel like it would be more of a hassle than it's worth for Universal. They're definitely not really gonna invest a bunch into this....

Besides the nicer queue, i feel like this will be Simpsons 2.0

Here's one for you - what if they change the entrance pathway, split the theater in two lengthwise, and have you enter from what used to be the T2 store / Cyber Grill?
Hmm. That's interesting.

But I'm guessing they want to keep the existing giftshop. Could the former Terminator preshow room suffice as the exit room for Despicable Me?

Last edited by a moderator:
T2's building is naturally tall anyways. If there's any easy way to build, it's up.
What I'm fascinated by is which way they'll splice the auditorium. Cutting down the middle seems likely, but exit and access will be tricky. Size is no problem, seeing photos online, the main theater at USF is freaking tiny! (apparently the building is much smaller than our T2 footprint as well) No wonder they have such gigantic lines for this ride, capacity must be a bitch.
If the main theater for the ride is small do you think we should consider the possibility of having more than just two theaters?

Went to the park today to get some glimpses of the Despicable Me construction. Enjoy.

20130130111506.jpg

20130130111517.jpg

20130130111653.jpg

20130130121109.jpg

Now for WWW construction

Thanks for the update!

Interesting to see they're taking down the steel facade. I wonder if they plan on keeping that metal structure in place.

Wild West, on the other land, still leaves me puzzled. Hmm...

Great update. Thanks!

Jon,

Do you think they might be scrapping the park idea and just going straight for an attraction of some sort??????

Reactions: BernardMesa
Great update. Thanks!
Jon,

Do you think they might be scrapping the park idea and just going straight for an attraction of some sort??????
We're hearing things, but nothing credible yet.

I will say that the recent developments in that area are definitely intriguing if they're simply going to put "Central Park" there. Who knows.

The ground looks like it's been heavily torn up wouldn't a park have been a simpler task, such as removing everything, making it smooth, and then adding grass? Whatever it is, i hope it's not a new merchandise location or restaurant....

Reactions: Jonathan
After years of heavy traffic to the area and stress on the ground they may be tearing up the roots of the trees they removed, and re-tilling the underlying soil to re-pack and prep it to rebuild upon, or they could be installing sod on the newly dug area. Really depends on how they want to use it in the future. It could go either way right now.

We have already seen from Universal Studios Hollywood that the Wild West arena will be developed for a "future attraction". Read between those lines. That means the West area is being leveled and will be a location for a future, unknown attraction. Think of it this way: they are prepping the area so that when they can build on it, the demolishing is already done.

We have already seen from Universal Studios Hollywood that the Wild West arena will be developed for a "future attraction". Read between those lines. That means the West area is being leveled and will be a location for a future, unknown attraction. Think of it this way: they are prepping the area so that when they can build on it, the demolishing is already done.
I'm pretty happy that the WWW venue was demolished, but I'm worried about Grinchmas. I could see it turning it back into Grinchmas since the arena is much expanded to to where the old Western Street was.