Despicable Me/Coke Soak | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me/Coke Soak

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just FYI, Screamscape did report on a new attraction for 2014-15.
I'm pretty sure he's referencing the idea of Universal introducing a new "attraction" every year.

We've heard the same thing a long time ago. Question is, what constitutes an attraction (I think we've established this in previous discussions) and what could they introduce between now and Potter?

Ohh, i know what screamscape posted, it was the written notice from universal to cast members about what will be closed in January for construction. It was interesting that Universal said that WWW would be replaced by an "exciting new attraction". So curious....

Ohh, i know what screamscape posted, it was the written notice from universal to cast members about what will be closed in January for construction. It was interesting that Universal said that WWW would be replaced by an "exciting new attraction". So curious....
I'm pretty sure the notice said "Exciting new addition". I think they're trying to differentiate between a green addition and an attraction.

The thing I'm honestly most excited about right now is what would replace Coke Soke. Curious about details!
Eh....I wouldn't get too excited about it. Curious to hear the official announcement, yes. Excited, not really. All I've been hearing was the relocation of the Curious George area to there but rethemed to the Minions. Hopefully they'll have some room to include the midway from the movie as well.

I know that's what we're expecting, but i guess i mean im just more curious to hear details.Am i the only one that wishes Universal had something similar to the Blue Sky Cellar at DCA?
No, you are not the only one.  I would love to see a 5 star Restaurant offered in the park with the view of the valley.  Wouldn't it be an awesome edition to the Starway?  Why not have it at Coke Soak?

No, you are not the only one.  I would love to see a 5 star Restaurant offered in the park with the view of the valley.  Wouldn't it be an awesome edition to the Starway?  Why not have it at Coke Soak?
Why not Hogwarts Castle? Wouldn't that be awesome? :) [HASHTAG]#Wishfulthinking[/HASHTAG]

Eh....I wouldn't get too excited about it. Curious to hear the official announcement, yes. Excited, not really. All I've been hearing was the relocation of the Curious George area to there but rethemed to the Minions. Hopefully they'll have some room to include the midway from the movie as well.
The water playground from Curious George would never work in the former Coke Soak area. Water pressure is not up to snuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if DM is "not" opening till 2014. Will we be getting a different version of the ride or the exact same thing as USF?

The water playground from Curious George would never work in the former Coke Soak area. Water pressure is not up to snuff.
I could see them at least relocating the ball arena and the playground over there. I actually hope they do keep the ball factory because it's fun to pound the unsuspecting kids with foam balls. :)

Reactions: alexvstorace
I can imagine that the T2 building will get loaded with Minions all over the building.  Probably another eyesore.  I expect the identical ride system which is in Florida only modified to fit the T2 building.

I don't think we should be so quick to discount what they have in store. Who knows, they could surprise us.

After all, we already know they won't be reusing the steel facade from Terminator (which is a huge relief!). If anything, I'm hoping for a better version of what Florida currently has in place.

Perhaps a soundstage? Gru's lab?