Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm gathering though is that Gringotts is NOT open? Can anyone confirm?

"We are now inviting guests to experience the atmosphere, shops, food and entertainment that Diagon Alley has to offer. Dine in the Leaky Cauldron. Grab your favorite Hogwarts house apparel at Quality Quidditch Supplies. And get that first taste of Butterbeer ice cream.

It brings us all one step closer to the Grand Opening on July 8, when guests will get to ride Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and enjoy all of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley."

Is the quote from Universal's blog post... Someone let us know! Thanks.

That pretty much confirms that Gringotts is not open for this soft opening.

Gringotts is NOT open. There is a sign declaring its opening on July 8th. Pictures to come when I have a chance.

I have the pic! They were closing the shutters as I took it:
2wq7bxk.jpg

Reactions: ChrisM
Indeed. It was really bad today. The park was practically empty and it was still having problems. It opened up once again, rode it, hopped off, got ice cream and in that five minutes, it was down again. I've a feeling many will be disappointed on July 8th and the people currently waiting in the soft are wasting their time. I can imagine how it'd break down. There was so much going on, lots of fast movements, screens, effects, audio etc.

Despite Gringott's being down, I personally had a great time in Diagon Alley. Ate dinner in the Leaky Cauldron, bought a wand (and used it successfully), bought other stuff, and got ice cream (earl grey and lavender is wonderful). And I gaped at the dragon when she (She is a she, right?) did her thing. Will post some pics when I can tomorrow.
The area itself blew me away. Talk about your immersive experience!

Despite Gringott's being down, I personally had a great time in Diagon Alley. Ate dinner in the Leaky Cauldron, bought a wand (and used it successfully), bought other stuff, and got ice cream (earl grey and lavender is wonderful). And I gaped at the dragon when she (She is a she, right?) did her thing. Will post some pics when I can tomorrow.
The area itself blew me away. Talk about your immersive experience!
Glad you enjoyed it! That is very encouraging. If I may ask, how much was the ice cream?

4.99 in a cup
Around 5.80 in a waffle cone
Around 12-13 in a souvenir cup
Toppings cost extra can't remember how much.

I took a photo of the sign the other day but haven't uploaded it yet, so for now I'll just look and type:

4.99 in a cup
5.99 in a waffle cone
10.99 in a souvenir glass

They had a sundae which is 6.99.

Toppings included hundreds and thousands, shortbread crumbles, meringue pieces, crystals, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts for 0.79 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.