Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and I were lucky enough to experience Diagon Alley yesterday. We were both super impressed. The area is detailed, authentic and beautiful! We enjoyed the Gilley Water, had a delicious lunch at the Leaky Caldron and had ice cream. Butter beer ice cream is delicious. My daughter had a great time with the interactive wands. The 3 Brothers show is also really good.
All in All... it was amazing and I see us spending lots of time in this area!!

Someone just posted on Twitter that Carkitt Market is a horrible place to stay dry during a rain storm. How can this be? Could someone please explain their experiences?

Don't hold your breath on Gringotts over the next 3 days. The 8th could be very interesting. Sounds like package guests might not even have the chance to ride these next few days.

Gringotts ran well this morning for the package guests (no evac requires) and made significant progress. Let's hope that holds true for the rest of the testing (without guests) today and tomorrow.

Gringotts ran well this morning for the package guests (no evac requires) and made significant progress. Let's hope that holds true for the rest of the testing (without guests) today and tomorrow.

That's happy news. I think about the folks working on it every day and wonder when they will find that "eureka" moment.

If we get Gringotts soft openings, don't expect it to be today and more the last 30 minutes of the park opening tomorrow. I'm literally freaking out by the reviews and i'm just happy that a lot of people are getting to experience it now.

Someone just posted on Twitter that Carkitt Market is a horrible place to stay dry during a rain storm. How can this be? Could someone please explain their experiences?

The cover over the area doesn't seem to be designed as one continuous cover, more like the central glass and supports are one piece, there's a gap, and then the sides of that, and then the extreme side covers/panels and their supports seem to be yet another unconnected piece which is leaving lots of gaps for rain to drip through or just fall right through. The only truly solid covering (besides Knockturn or a store) is the train bridge. The Carkitt Market area was basically as wet as the rest of the uncovered area by the time the rain stopped. Very annoying, and not a great place to stay dry during rain.

There's plenty of space to stay dry in Carkitt but there are openings so you just got to look. Theme parks like the fact that only places where you can spend money (Food and Merch) are covered during rain! I'm pretty sure that's by design.

Well the storms yesterday had some strong gusts so it was pushing the rain through the openings of Carkitt's covering. If it's a drizzle, or light rain, it's fine. But if it's a significant storm, take shelter somewhere else.

It rained a bit earlier today when I was there and I was dry under Carkitt Market. If it is storming badly and windy I'd imagine it's ugly, but I had no issues with it.

And I was stuck moving this weekend :( Figures it finally soft opens when I can't go!! Oh well. Looks like I probably won't make it out there until Fall time.

OK here is an interesting thought, what if the crouds don't show up? Everything seems oddly quiet right now. Tomorrow will obviously be crazy, but what if lightening doesn't strike twice?

OK here is an interesting thought, what if the crouds don't show up? Everything seems oddly quiet right now. Tomorrow will obviously be crazy, but what if lightening doesn't strike twice?

Define crowds. As in the same level of grand opening crowds as 4 years ago? Or people just not coming to Diagon at all over the year?

Anything is possible, but I suspect another clusterf*** tomorrow. Remember it took a week for softs at Hogsmeade to really catch on, Diagon has only been open since Thursday. And even then Hogsmeade was never as busy as it became once it opened.

Lack of celebs may help keep crowds in check, but I still think it will be crazy.

Something tells me Universal will not be seeing tomorrow what they saw the day Hogsmeade opened. But I do think they crowds will still come.

Status
Not open for further replies.