Disney+ | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I weep for our society lol.
Society has been dead for a while, lol

I know everyone watches some sort of trash TV but the fact people give two craps about that family at this point in time when they have more money then god and most people have barley enough to survive

Reactions: SpyderDan
Society has been dead for a while, lol

I know everyone watches some sort of trash TV but the fact people give two craps about that family at this point in time when they have more money then god and most people have barley enough to survive

I especially find it puzzling because it literally looks like the exact same show lol. They made such a big deal out of the last one finally ending but then they just do the same thing for Hulu...

I especially find it puzzling because it literally looks like the exact same show lol. They made such a big deal out of the last one finally ending but then they just do the same thing for Hulu...
This is only 10 episode seasons though compared to the 20+ episodes they were doing on E! Network, a network that sees very low viewership. Disney+/Hulu was able to offer them a streaming home where this was probably minimally invasive in their lives compared to the last show and it would also be streaming worldwide to a much larger audience, keeping the Kardashian brand strong.

Makes sense to me if you're in the business of making easy money.

Reactions: Nico
I think there's also a bit of "ok so ACTUALLY how big is streaming" going on here if a popular reality TV show blows away the doors.

I think there's also a bit of "ok so ACTUALLY how big is streaming" going on here if a popular reality TV show blows away the doors.
I don't think you're necessarily wrong about how much streaming is like a giant pyramid scheme ready to collapse at any moment.

As far as Disney+ goes, even internationally where they have Star integrated into the app, there's not enough shows aimed at women. The Kardashian-Jenner family is pretty much the ultimate guarantee of success in that demographic.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I get a good chuckle out of them making this move after now, after the show has been a critical success for two seasons and is going into it's final season in June. Remember, this was supposed to be a Disney+ Original, but it was deemed too "progressive" or some crap like that I guess...

Anyway, if you haven't watched this show maybe because it got lost in Hulu's terrible UI or you don't have Hulu, I highly recommend it.

So rumor is Chapek is really spearheading Disney+’s growth from just being a Marvel/Star Wars and babysitting service to a service that has a lot more for adults. They were planning on slowly doing this over time, but once the stock dropped and then Netflix’s stock dropped, they pushed their timeline way up on bringing in more General Entertainment content.

Supposedly some shows will be added over the summer (Glee was added a few days ago with Alias, 8 Simple Rules and The Finder added a week before that). Love Victor (S1-3) is being added on June 15th, simultaneously with Hulu. It’s rumored that Malcom in the Middle and Doogie Howser are coming at minimum.

The big rumor though is that the ad-tier is going to launch this fall basically along with Dancing With The Stars (so that they can run ads with DWTS), but the problem is, beyond that, Disney has said the majority of content watched on their platform is movies, which is not a recipe for ad-supported success, as movies typically only have around 3-4 ads for 2+ hour movies whereas with binge-worthy TV whether it’s a 22-minute sitcom like a Black-ish, New Girl (leaving Netflix after July I believe), HIMYM, etc, etc, or an hour drama there’s normally AT LEAST 3-4 ads and these are shows that people might fall asleep watching or have an intrinsic repeatability to them.

Basically, Disney needs more shows on there for their ad-supported service to be a success. I’d be very surprised if Abbott Elementary or Modern Family weren’t added soon, if not both.

Getting LOST and THE X-FILES on there (pending other streaming agreements) would be great.
Most of their TV shows are on Hulu or just not streaming now. After New Girl leaves Netflix, only a few more Disney owned titles will remain, most prominently being Grey’s Anatomy. The Netflix Original The Politician, the Netflix continued Arrested Development (All seasons) and Designated Survivor (Seasons 1-2) will eventually leave the service, too.

Reactions: belloq87
Many international markets are getting the Spider-Man/Venom movies this Friday. I wouldn't expect us to get them in the US until sometime late 2023/early 2024 when Disney's deal with Sony fully kicks in in the US. The Sony-Netflix deal just started paying dividends on June 1 with the addition of TASM. Disney+ has to wait a full 18 months for it to rotate off of Netflix and then get it.

In Japan, The Incredible Hulk is coming to their version, too:

Interesting article about how Hulu has actually been growing faster thanDisney+ in 18 of the last 24 months, which will only make it more expensive for Disney to buyout Comcast when the time comes as the floor for a buyout was $27.5B, but the valuation has now been raised by Disney themselves.

I mean, Hulu has stuff i want to watch but then I just flip on mu VPN and Disney plus has Bob's Burgers and The Great North....so yeah it has some cool stuff but I see no need to have two apps from Disney at this point

I mean, Hulu has stuff i want to watch but then I just flip on mu VPN and Disney plus has Bob's Burgers and The Great North....so yeah it has some cool stuff but I see no need to have two apps from Disney at this point
Yeah, that's what I do too (regarding VPN). Disney+ in the US is a joke compared to places like Canada and UK which have amazing content libraries giving Netflix a run for it's money, especially in the UK.

Reactions: Jerroddragon