Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back to my earlier reply. I didn't just read this IJ ride stuff (different than Anaheim) now. It was a couple months ago at least. And I think a Disney Exec. mentioned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesker69
season 15 episode 22 GIF

Mickey Views and WDWMagic posters are saying the same, but who knows where the game of telephone on this really began.

EDIT: Mickey Views is also saying that Encanto might be an Omnimover. That would be great for capacity.
I was of the impression for the longest time that Encanto would have been a trackless ride on par with Mystic Manor. But at the same time an Omnimover would also fit the IP well as you would be taking a tour of the house.

I was of the impression for the longest time that Encanto would have been a trackless ride on par with Mystic Manor. But at the same time an Omnimover would also fit the IP well as you would be taking a tour of the house.
Omnimover would be a great people eater, but I was hoping for something with the format of BATB at Tokyo. Would’ve been cool to have the ride vehicles dance to “We don’t talk about Bruno”.

Reactions: TheUniC6
Would’ve been cool to have the ride vehicles dance to “We don’t talk about Bruno”.
Ugh... they say they don't talk about him, but yet they won't stop singing about him!!! :mad:

I'm not looking forward to Encanto getting a ride. Can't they go with Princess Elena of Avalor instead?

They are supposedly plans to bring Lion King to the Studios Park in Paris to replace what would have been their Galaxies Edge. While there appears to be no plans as of now to clone LK to any another other Disney Park, maybe if LK does well over there it could be ported over to AK.

Reactions: SeventyOne
AK already has Festival of the Lion King.. They're not in dire need of a ride for the IP. Is there any space in Africa for a ride to be added?

Also "Rafiki's Planet Watch"... not the same, but still loosely counts.

Honestly, if they wanted to, Kilomanjaro Safari could get a LK voice over added to it. Narrated by Timon, Pumba & Simba

Honestly, if they wanted to, Kilomanjaro Safari could get a LK voice over added to it. Narrated by Timon, Pumba & Simba
Haha, I would hate this! This would be a crazy low move to replace the trained Ops drivers with more canned IP. And for a ride with as much variability as KS, I don't even think it'd be workable even if they did want to cost cut the ride.

Luckily for all of us here, I think Kilimanjaro Safaris is a ride that is so elaborate, expansive, and expensive to construct and maintain that I think it's effectively going to exist exactly as it is now forever. They might swap out an animal or two, or a few setpieces over the course of many years, but when they greenlit the ride they made entirely too big of a commitment, to the point where backing out or cost-cutting almost feels like a lost cause. The money has been invested, might as well make the most of those savanna's while they got them!

Luckily for all of us here, I think Kilimanjaro Safaris is a ride that is so elaborate, expansive, and expensive to construct and maintain that I think it's effectively going to exist exactly as it is now forever. They might swap out an animal or two, or a few setpieces over the course of many years, but when they greenlit the ride they made entirely too big of a commitment, to the point where backing out or cost-cutting almost feels like a lost cause.
Except.... they have budget cut & eliminated the original plot/narrative for this ride. The got rid of the tilting bridge, they got rid of the poachers(?), it just isn't the same as it was originally..

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Wouldn't happen but I could see The Lion King as an omnimover and then Encanto as a boat ride. I still would have preferred Moana as a boat ride but, if done right, Encanto could be visually stunning.

Reactions: SeventyOne