Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well you're saying the ride experience isn't impacted but the experience overall definitely is. If Dueling Dragons was metal switchbacks leading up to the loading station, it would not have been considered half the attraction that it was.

Right. Which is why I said:

They only add to the experience. Hulk's queue is pretty meh, but people will line up for 150 minutes to ride it. They'll do the same for Dragon's.

The bottom line with Disney, is they allow the imagineers and other departments to practice schizophrenic perfectionism. They waste money this way constantly.

They have an especially horrid track record with themed payment. Pour and jackhammer the same pavement three nights in a row because it isn't quite right. Huge pavement project where the contractor sits around all day because the imagineers are arguing on what stamp tool they decided on. That behavior eats up tons of cash.

Then Disney sends imagineers to the opening of a new attraction at Universal so that they might figure out how they built it for so little money. There comes point when 'very good' should be good enough.

Thats what sets Disney apart. However, the same thing happened with the Hogwarts mountain. They redid the mountain facade many times, until it looked good.

--- Update ---

Never before seen pics...

line_011212_e-26.jpg

line_011212_e-31.jpg

line_011212_e-29.jpg

:drool5:
line_011212_e-25.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what sets Disney apart.

Sure does set them apart! They end up having to cut the crap out every project.

However, the same thing happened with the Hogwarts mountain. They redid the mountain facade many times, until it looked good.

ONCE. They built it, it was wrong, they fixed it. While it was a grand redux it only happened ONCE and not the 'many' you stated.

ONCE. They built it, it was wrong, they fixed it. While it was a grand redux it only happened ONCE and not the 'many' you stated.

I remember them having trouble making the mountain look proportional with all its ridges. It took them awhile for them to make it look right. Btw, i dont want to argue.

Making something look just right is one thing, using up the budget of the more important things (like the budget for other rides) to make sure it looks "perfect" is another.

Dispite having lower top speeds then Test Track I think RSR will be the more exciting ride. I don't know if any of have raced cars or not but I regularly race mine on a Road Course. In my opinion I find it much more thrilling and intense going thru a corner at 60mph then I do going 100+ on a strait. I think the same will translate over to RSR. Especially if they can hold the speed between 30-35mph thru most of the corners. Then when you consider another car full of people just a few feet away from you will make the experiance even better.

Some things I read about RSR on another site which will be interesting if true. As i'm sure its expected the Races are predetermined by a computer. So the winner is already picked before the race begins. However there will be many different random race scynarios that the computer will pick from. Also each different colored car is a different "character". I don't belive the vehicle you ride in talks but it dos have its own personality and supposedly the main characters will interact differently with each vehicle. So that raises the rerideability factor. Like I said I don't know how much this of this is true its just something I read elsewhere. Ether way I think its going to be a pretty amazing and spectacular ride.

The 40mph will also make for a bit of a longer ride. Do we have any idea what the experience is supposed to clock in at?

I read some where that its going to be somewhere between 4 and a half to 5 minutes long.

Last edited:
Dispite having lower top speeds then Test Track I think RSR will be the more exciting ride. I don't know if any of have raced cars or not but I regularly race mine on a Road Course. In my opinion I find it much more thrilling and intense going thru a corner at 60mph then I do going 100+ on a strait. I think the same will translate over to RSR. Especially if they can hold the speed between 30-35mph thru most of the corners. Then when you consider another car full of people just a few feet away from you will make the experiance even better.

Some things I read about RSR on another site which will be interesting if true. As i'm sure its expected the Races are predetermined by a computer. So the winner is already picked before the race begins. However there will be many different random race scynarios that the computer will pick from. Also each different colored car is a different "character". I don't belive the vehicle you ride in talks but it dos have its own personality and supposedly the main characters will interact differently with each vehicle. So that raises the rerideability factor. Like I said I don't know how much this of this is true its just something I read elsewhere. Ether way I think its going to be a pretty amazing and spectacular ride.

I was wondering how the winner was going to be determined. The video that was posted gave the impression both cars would be the winner.:doh:

I'm more of a 100 mph straight line guy. Getting slammed back in the seat with some tunnel vision is a blast. I do think the ride will be a lot of fun with another car on the side and the way the corners are banked. I think the ride will stimulate more emotions than fear and excitement.

You think you died? I was in a house with 6 grown men, the faithful, with tears in their eyes when V Davis hugged Jon Harbaugh and started bawling. I have no voice this morning.

Who's got it better than us?

You think you died? I was in a house with 6 grown men, the faithful, with tears in their eyes when V Davis hugged Jon Harbaugh and started bawling. I have no voice this morning.

Who's got it better than us?

6IX rings, my friend :thumbs:

But to stay on topic, kinda, does anyone think we're gonna get a shiny new E-Ticket for Disneyland when this is done?

The shift in emphasis on worldwide box office has saved the Tron franchise, and from everything I've heard, Tron is not going anywhere. The cartoon premieres soon (featuring Elijah Wood), and Disney is keen to get a sequel going. Supposedly, Tomorrowland is a top priority, but will have to wait until money from DCA starts rolling in. However, just how to approach Tomorrowland is still a big question. There are three schools of thought: emphasis should be on a Tron attraction, emphasis should be on a Marvel attraction, there is room for a major emphasis on both. I personally don't think there are enough resources to approach both at the same time (seeing as how Disney handles their budgets).

Disneygeek has a great new photo update. Just a select few pics:

A "flying tire" on the attraction's floor:

jmcXu0HabNy7g.jpg

A look into Cars Land (notice the new Flo's V8 sign):

jpFrUQNaeBezP.jpg

The fountain in Carthay Circle has been testing:

jbpSCmhIGsUBsf.jpg

Carthay:

jZkJGKErjBJYK.jpg

The shift in emphasis on worldwide box office has saved the Tron franchise, and from everything I've heard, Tron is not going anywhere. The cartoon premieres soon (featuring Elijah Wood), and Disney is keen to get a sequel going. Supposedly, Tomorrowland is a top priority, but will have to wait until money from DCA starts rolling in. However, just how to approach Tomorrowland is still a big question. There are three schools of thought: emphasis should be on a Tron attraction, emphasis should be on a Marvel attraction, there is room for a major emphasis on both. I personally don't think there are enough resources to approach both at the same time (seeing as how Disney handles their budgets).

So let's hope DCA rakes in enough dough to fund their ridiculous budgets :lol:.

But I would love to see a Stark Expo overlay of Innoventions and something done with Light Cycles on the Autopia plot or somewhere else in Tomorrowland.