Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This may be true for the other characters, but it doesn't explain how the elaborate themeing for this attraction got widdled down to the bare bones, carnival-style you see before you. That junkyard was to be littered with a dozen interactive features activated by the vehicles passing by, and the highlight was to have been the giant Mater in that shack. Now we have Mater's shack... and it's locked up with a giant jukebox in front of it. :bang:

Ego Ridge took up all the theming money.

And just so you know, Ego Ridge is my official name for the Carsland rockwork.

Disney launched a new preview site. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/cars-land/

A couple of things here. First: RSS will top out at 40 MPH... 25 less than Test Track. Not all together surprising, as it is a "family" attraction, but I was hoping it would hit a higher speed.

Second: Confirmation that there will be NO MATER whatsoever in Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Instead, it will feature a "giant jukebox that [Mater] personally built from his prized possessions!" (The ! is there's, not mine, mine would look like this :mean:)

You can just make out the jukebox in the concept art below.

Picture-2-1024x531.png

Ironically enough, Disney is still trying to sell the notion that Mater will be present by prominently featuring a concept art of Mater in the middle of the Jamboree (even though the official description confirms that he won't be).

That is all.

40mph is cool for a family ride, and doesn't this track have different angles than TT, too?

As for Mater's, I thought you were riding on / riding behind Mater?

40mph is cool for a family ride, and doesn't this track have different angles than TT, too?

As for Mater's, I thought you were riding on / riding behind Mater?

The track has many slopes and angles.

images

images

tumblr_lxqvzuKuCc1qat42xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxe509gFR81qmcz5yo1_500.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_lxe509gFR81qmcz5yo2_500.jpg

Last edited:
FYI:

Google maps new 45° view has great shots from all N, S, E, W of the basic structure and scale. I had no idea there was a large show building involved.

http://g.co/maps/x2kjn

Im so excited. People are complaining about Mater's Junkyard Jamboree but this ride seems like its going to be awesome. That show building is like the size of FJ. LMAO :p

I guess the rule of thumb is that for every new awesome E-Ticket, you get one huge let down attraction along with it (looking at you Dragon's Challenge :bonk:)

Intentional or not....Stop trolling.

Im not trolling. lol.......I really am excited.
________________________________________________________ . ____________________________________________________________________

images

^This would have been cool though.

I guess the rule of thumb is that for every new awesome E-Ticket, you get one huge let down attraction along with it (looking at you Dragon's Challenge :bonk:)

Yup. After FJ ate up the budget, they took one look at Dragon's Challenge and said, "We're gonna need canvas and some paint." :doh:

But hopefully Mater and the Flying Tires at least please their target audience, which I assure you is not us, and they work through their capacity issues.

They do to some extent. But sometimes I think people go crazy with this queue talk like the ride after it means nothing.

If they built DC brand new, then no. This wouldn't be a big deal at all. But the problem is they took one of the most elaborately themed parks of the park and took a giant dump on it. It's not even decent, it's bad.

And the problem is made worse by the fact that you have to walk through the whole thing to get to the ride. It's not like HM where if you don't care for the new stuff, you can skip it. There's too much dead space and not enough detail for the amount of time you spend walking through it.

--- Update ---

They only add to the experience. Hulk's queue is pretty meh, but people will line up for 150 minutes to ride it. They'll do the same for Dragon's.

No, Hulk isn't perfect. But it got a lot more effort then DC did. And at least they have the TVs.

If they built DC brand new, then no. This wouldn't be a big deal at all. But the problem is they took one of the most elaborately themed parks of the park and took a giant dump on it. It's not even decent, it's bad.

And the problem is made worse by the fact that you have to walk through the whole thing to get to the ride. It's not like HM where if you don't care for the new stuff, you can skip it. There's too much dead space and not enough detail for the amount of time you spend walking through it.

Ok question? Would you take 1 million and put it towards the Dragon's Challenge queue, or the 1 million to make the snow magically appear in FJ?