Disney's Snow White (Live-Action Retelling) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Snow White (Live-Action Retelling)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t care about Disney remakes but holy guacamole Batman the level of hate comments I’ve seen so far for its leading lady is, well unsurprising actually but still quite staggering. I didn’t read about what Rachel Zegler did nor did I see any movies featuring her so what gives?!
Yeah, not the best idea to attack the first Disney Princess..the movie that without it we would not have Disneyland or the Disney company like it is today

I think some people just like hating on the old ways/films

Yeah, not the best idea to attack the first Disney Princess..the movie that without it we would not have Disneyland or the Disney company like it is today

I think some people just like hating on the old ways/films
I only vaguely recall something about her not liking the original or something but the way people are talking bleep about her online they talk like she personally socked them in the face or sokethin like what’s going on?

Last edited:
I only vaguely recall something about her not liking the original or something but the way people are talking bleep about her online they talk like she personally socked them in the face or sokethin like what’s going on?
To be fair....I've yet to see ONE....ONE live action Disney film that is better then the OG film....they all are close copies and sure sometimes they modernize some things but......there is no magic in these remakes so I think her comments of being negative from the first animated film along with many online tried of meh remakes.

Reactions: mccgavin
I will say I kinda agree with Rachel. Snow White was a product of the time, which Snow White fit. She was docile, she was naive, and she was extremely innocent. However, I don't think the story necessarily ages well or fit to where anyone can relate to that in modern times. One of the biggest frustrations if you read the original story was the seven dwarves told Snow White, stop letting people in the house, stop letting people give you things and stop trusting people. The Evil Queen was able to trick Snow White three times.

Snow White does need a level of agency and independence to meet the modern realities of being a person living in today's world.

(I also loved the modern day Little Mermaid Film and think its much better than the original so there is that).

Reactions: Nick
I will say I kinda agree with Rachel. Snow White was a product of the time, which Snow White fit. She was docile, she was naive, and she was extremely innocent. However, I don't think the story necessarily ages well or fit to where anyone can relate to that in modern times. One of the biggest frustrations if you read the original story was the seven dwarves told Snow White, stop letting people in the house, stop letting people give you things and stop trusting people. The Evil Queen was able to trick Snow White three times.

Snow White does need a level of agency and independence to meet the modern realities of being a person living in today's world.

(I also loved the modern day Little Mermaid Film and think its much better than the original so there is that).
Yeah, it came out in 1937. Let's not pretend like the movie is perfect. It may be the movie that ultimately led to a lot of other things, but doing a retelling of that without modernizing would be an extremely bad idea.

I also liked The Little Mermaid (2023) better than the original and was one of the better remakes they've done.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Listen.. we live in a different time and people are looking at these old ass fairy tales with today's lenses. You'd be hard pressed not to find issues with anything from almost 100 years ago.

Not against anything woke but it's been a few years that people have been talking about true love's kiss between Snow White and Prince Charming being problematic because there was no consent. Seriously. Stay asleep then. :lmao:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Listen.. we live in a different time and people are looking at these old ass fairy tales with today's lenses. You'd be hard pressed not to find issues with anything from almost 100 years ago.

Not against anything woke but it's been a few years that people have been talking about true love's kiss between Snow White and Prince Charming being problematic because there was no consent. Seriously. Stay asleep then. :lmao:
It’s extremely problematic. Imagine you wake up to some random person kissing you. The only reason it works in the story is because he was handsome prince but imagine someone ugly with bad breath and bad teeth kissed you to “wake” u. Your mindset would be very different

I will bet you my life that the OG film is 10 times better then whatever they make

Once again, so it's talking lots of trash on a classic. I've watched it and it's not a bad film. It's about trusting strangers and it's a fairytale unlike all the remakes which are like "believe in your self", Walk also liked the film had scary moments because life isn't always fun and colorful.

I just thinking insulting a film and having clearly no love for the film makes me not want that person apart of it, like cool you don't like the story great get someone who is interested in the story and doesn't want to change the entire story. Love and kindness aren't bad things and not everyone has to be a badass to be a main character

That's just my two cents, if the film is better then the first film I will say I'm wrong but....yeah watching Mermaid now...and yeah not even close the animated film in my opinion

I just thinking insulting a film and having clearly no love for the film makes me not want that person apart of it, like cool you don't like the story great get someone who is interested in the story and doesn't want to change the entire story. Love and kindness aren't bad things and not everyone has to be a badass to be a main character
This is kind of my issue, as well. You want to "update" the material, fine. But you shouldn't disparage the original -- the film that launched Walt Disney feature animation and remains beloved -- in the process. I think Zegler is a talented performer, but you can tell she's still learning the PR ropes.

I do also find it ironic that Peter Dinklage, I'm sure coming from a pure place, ultimately caused a situation wherein seven memorable roles that might have gone to actors of his stature have now gone to a bunch of normal-sized people who will have ZERO resemblance to the iconic characters (who Disney continues to market in the parks, and just built a significant attraction named after them within the last decade).

This is kind of my issue, as well. You want to "update" the material, fine. But you shouldn't disparage the original -- the film that launched Walt Disney feature animation and remains beloved -- in the process. I think Zegler is a talented performer, but you can tell she's still learning the PR ropes.

I do also find it ironic that Peter Dinklage, I'm sure coming from a pure place, ultimately caused a situation wherein seven memorable roles that might have gone to actors of his stature have now gone to a bunch of normal-sized people who will have ZERO resemblance to the iconic characters (who Disney continues to market in the parks, and just built a significant attraction named after them within the last decade).
Yeah, makes no sense to me to myself either. No idea why he would want actors like himself to not get work

Yeah, makes no sense to me to myself either. No idea why he would want actors like himself to not get work

I think his objection was to how cartoonish the dwarfs are in the cartoon (one is literally named Dopey). He probably just didn’t want little people to be the butt of many jokes again after he spent a decade playing one of the most popular and non-stereotypical portrayals of a dwarf on TV.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I think his objection was to how cartoonish the dwarfs are in the cartoon (one is literally named Dopey). He probably just didn’t want little people to be the butt of many jokes again after he spent a decade playing one of the most popular and non-stereotypical portrayals of a dwarf on TV.
I mean.....statistically speaking 1/7 being not that smart is pretty on fair.

I mean Grumpy is also huge....but that's his battle.

For me, I just want a good film, Doopy is funny because he is not so bright, would not matter his size.

To be fair I get that Snow White was the first feature length animated film not only for Disney but in general AFAIK so it does that have that cultural relevance… but honestly does anyone really have Snow White as one of their favorite Disney princesses, let alone characters? Sure her outfit design is decent but like Aurora and the two Princes her personality is down to nil; and she stays asleep for about a quarter of the story. I feel it’s mostly The Evil Queen, The Three Good Fairies, and Maleficent who’s the characters most remembered from these movies. I haven’t watched either version of the Little Mermaid but I hear that Ariel gets far more flak than she deserves.

To be fair I get that Snow White was the first feature length animated film not only for Disney but in general AFAIK so it does that have that cultural relevance… but honestly does anyone really have Snow White as one of their favorite Disney princesses, let alone characters? Sure her outfit design is decent but like Aurora and the two Princes her personality is down to nil; and she stays asleep for about a quarter of the story. I feel it’s mostly The Evil Queen, The Three Good Fairies, and Maleficent who’s the characters most remembered from these movies. I haven’t watched either version of the Little Mermaid but I hear that Ariel gets far more flak than she deserves.
No one is against a more fleshed out snow white

But when you change the entire story, to me it’s time to make up a new princess. Along with the other comments just don’t seem positive at all, like the main actress seems to not like Snow White as a film in zero ways.

I’m always surprised but when I go and search old Disney and they are still entertaining, like most films That are are old as Snow White just don’t hold up at all but Snow White is still something you can watch and really enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I mean, that's a complete reversal on Disney's part after explicitly saying they weren't doing the Dwarfs. And I suspect that's why the movie has been delayed an entire year... so they can rework things.
They never said they weren’t doing them, they said they would be reimagined for today.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts