Falcon's Fury | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am serious. First, I have no idea what this falcon thing is supposed to be. If it is a coaster, then I am in the clear as I am not a coaster enthusiast. That said, I have no idea what those big round things are and I would appreciate someone sitting down and telling me. :wave:

Teebs, they are sections of the shaft structure for this drop tower :thumbs:

Ok, I guess we'll just have to have a meet-up and all ride it together. :stunned:

Are you sure a chopper with the doors off is better than this. Especially on those banked corners at 1000'. :lol:

Yes on the meet up, and I guess we will see on the Chopper :sneaky:

Yeah, well, it would seem that the only other drop tower ride in Florida has multiple drops, not to mention the Tower of Terror with multiple drops.

Tower of Terror is in it's own category compared to normal drop towers. Such a great ride!

I don't know of any Intamin drop tower installations that have more than one drop per cycle. S&S Towers have the "bouncing" after the initial drop, but I wouldn't count that.

What other drop tower are you talking about in your post?

Tower of Terror is in it's own category compared to normal drop towers. Such a great ride!

I don't know of any Intamin drop tower installations that have more than one drop per cycle. S&S Towers have the "bouncing" after the initial drop, but I wouldn't count that.

What other drop tower are you talking about in your post?

I assume Doom's Fear Fall?

Yeah, well, it would seem that the only other drop tower ride in Florida has multiple drops, not to mention the Tower of Terror with multiple drops.

Tower of Terror is it's own unique ride system that isn't seen anywhere else besides other Disney parks. Dr Doom is a different model than what will be at Busch Gardens. The main difference between Tower of Terror/Dr Doom and Falcon's Fury is the propulsion method. ToT and DD use cables to get the ride vehicles up and down (ToT using a turbine for power, and DD using pneumatic air pressure). Because of this, they can drop up and down multiple times.

Falcon's Fury has a much larger vehicle holding a lot more people and can't be taken up and down that easily, that's why it goes up so slow. It stops by means of magnets (reverse Rock n Rollercoaster) versus being decelerated by cables. Because there's no air pressure or cable pulley system, it would be impossible for a ride like Falcon's Fury to get launched back up again or "bounce" like Dr Doom.

It could go up really slowly and do the whole ride cycle over again...but that would cut capacity in half.