Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Loved Newt, loved the setup. I agree that the "court" scene looked like it was shot on a college TV studio.

Gracias! Every article I could find on it was from Spanish newspapers. I could make the gist of it with my Spanish knowledge but couldn't make out an official source. How about those Spanish news makers beating everyone for the front on this one? Nicely done.
It was announced by Evanna Lynch at the Potter Celebration at USF. Confirmed by JK and updated with additional info on Pottermore.

There's actually 3 other locations too... one in Brazil, Africa and Japan. Castelobruxo, Mahoutokoro and Uagadou are the names of those schools.

Reactions: Jymmymack
If this means an extension into the 3rd gate, they'll have an increasing bank balance of Potter fans having to buy admission to all 3 parks!

It was Rowlings first public statement it was a trilogy though. Now, at least, it's not conjecture. The main significance is that it should extend the fresh interest into the Potter franchise. There shouldn't be a cooling down for a long time. And that will probably be a comfortable basis for Universal to continue putting lots of new Potter/Beast stuff into the existing parks and/or third gate. That is all good, since Potter makes Universal a ton of money, which in turn, fuels non Potter expansions also. One thing I often read on the Disney boards is their taunting doubt the Potter phenomena will continue strong. My opinion is those people are completely wrong, and three Beast movies strengthens my opinion.

It was Rowlings first public statement it was a trilogy though. Now, at least, it's not conjecture. The main significance is that it should extend the fresh interest into the Potter franchise. There shouldn't be a cooling down for a long time. And that will probably be a comfortable basis for Universal to continue putting lots of new Potter/Beast stuff into the existing parks and/or third gate. That is all good, since Potter makes Universal a ton of money, which in turn, fuels non Potter expansions also. One thing I often read on the Disney boards is their taunting doubt the Potter phenomena will continue strong. My opinion is those people are completely wrong, and three Beast movies strengthens my opinion.

Actually it was never conjecture: FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM Trilogy and Release Dates Announced | Collider :wave:

Of course that assumes it's a big hit. I think the first will be big no matter what. But if it strays too much from the originals or if it just doesn't resonate, do the 2nd and 3rd movies fall off and it be damaged goods for the parks?

On another note, something to pay attention to when the movie comes out. Do they introduce any new food and beverage items or new restaurant/shopping type locales that are added specifically with the parks in mind?