Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really curious if F&F was originally tested in some off site bunker like Kong was.

Or hell, imagine if F&F was tested INSIDE Kong after hours?! Disney has done that with its 3D attractions before, testing Bugs Life inside Star Tours and vise versa, etc.

If they are using front projection and if we are going to have actual cars next to us during the attraction I think they might have used an bunker/warehouse to build a replica or just test it inside the actual attraction itself.

Have not seen anyone post about this I'd figured I relay this information here. Orlando United forum member Teebin (who has a very good track record for certain info) posted this a few weeks ago:

"Mercy, mercy, mercy... now I can see why the rumor of all of Disaster and Beetlejuice being torn down for this.

Believe me when I say, you F&F fans want this to come to Orlando! 
lookaround.gif
"

"I will tell you all that this isn't Kong 360 at all. It is far more elaborate and has an extensive drawn-out plot scenario. It ain't just a tram ride, but a mega attraction."

"Ok... five things I don't believe anyone here knows about:

flame thrower
sprayed with gasoline
two turbocharged tow trucks
drones
unfinished overpass

and a bonus:

stink pickle!

*wince*"

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm thinking the drones will be apart of the media, the gasoline would be water spritzers, and the unfinished bridge could be a set piece that is at the back of the dome. Just my speculation.

Reactions: Aaron
While at the park yesterday, I was just beginning my trek up the StarWay from the Lower Lot. As many of you know, there are certain team members around the park dressed in a red polo, khakis, and a straw hat. Normally these employees take on the job of welcoming guests to certain areas of the park (main entrance, Lower Lot, Studio Tour, etc.) using microphones. One of them was stationed at the Lower Lot information booth just beyond the StarWay, and I heard her talking about Supercharged. I couldn't catch all of her spiel, but she did note that the animation will be able to house 3 trams at once. I'm not sure if she's referring to just the main show building or the structure as a whole, but I just thought I'd share that bit of info. 

Also, merchandise has officially hit the park. I found these in the Universal Studio Store:

17011076176_34d2c088d6.jpg

16849284278_ea036f41ec.jpg

16850850359_31b2cd509e.jpg

16849535340_cbba7fedcf.jpg

Reactions: Aaron and mratigan
Wow. That sounds like it will be far more elaborate than I thought. I'm going to speculate that the unfinished underpass could be the tunnel between the buildings? Flamethrower is interesting. It would have to either involve a scene on the ride where the fire won't ruin the on-screen illusion or it will be in the preshow room. Gasoline will probably be just water spray with scent. Maybe the tow trucks could be practical but the might just be on-screen. Sounds like the drones will for sure be practical.

As much as I want this to be exclusive to Hoywood, you know they'll replace Disaster with this. I know the West/East coast ratio isn't going to matter, but...ugh. I just want to have st least one MAJOR attraction to brag that we have an exclusive to.

Nice catch William!

Also, I compared our F&F building to Florida's Disaster/Beetlejuice space. There's no way they can make it work with that space. The building is just too massive to fit in there. Even if they were able to "curve" the scene between the two main buildings, it still wouldn't fit, I don't think. Besides, how would he ride vehicles work since ours is a tram? Would they use a tour bus or something?

I love how everyone on Orlando United is desperately trying to insist that it's coming to Florida. Haha

It could fit in Florida if the first show building is made smaller. There's a very good reason our first show building for Supercharged is the size that it is (you'll see what I mean and why when it opens), which I don't think would have to be the same in Florida if they make it different ride vehicles.

As for the physical effects during the main segment of the animation, I very much doubt a few of those mentioned will be more than action on the screens with heat/water effects. I hope I'm wrong, as it'd be great to see more physical effects and props.

Reactions: raffman
F&F will probably start doing softs by Memorial Day weekend unless further complications arise.

Besides, how would he ride vehicles work since ours is a tram? Would they use a tour bus or something?
Disaster uses a metro/subway-looking ride vehicle. If the tram itself isn't featured or referred to in the attraction, they could probably figure something out. Doing so, however, would likely require some reconfiguration of the first scene where the tram gets "supercharged".

This is undoubtedly going to be an attraction that UOR will like to add to its roster.

Nice catch William!

Also, I compared our F&F building to Florida's Disaster/Beetlejuice space. There's no way they can make it work with that space. The building is just too massive to fit in there. Even if they were able to "curve" the scene between the two main buildings, it still wouldn't fit, I don't think. Besides, how would he ride vehicles work since ours is a tram? Would they use a tour bus or something?

I love how everyone on Orlando United is desperately trying to insist that it's coming to Florida. Haha
Why is everyone thinking they're retrofitting it into that building?

Why is everyone thinking they're retrofitting it into that building?
I was thinking more towards the T23D building. Although the existing building is too small they could probably expand it behind the shops, and expand it into the backstage area between ET and Terminator and if they need more space there's always the possibility of tearing down Gardens of Allah. It would fit in better thematically speaking since it's the "Hollywood" land and the ride takes place in LA.

Disaster uses a metro/subway-looking ride vehicle. If the tram itself isn't featured or referred to in the attraction, they could probably figure something out. Doing so, however, would likely require some reconfiguration of the first scene where the tram gets "supercharged".

This is undoubtedly going to be an attraction that UOR will like to add to its roster.
I did some tooling around Google maps and compared buildings (F&F vs. our Earthquake and their Disaster building). There's no way they can cram it in there. While they could theoretically go into the backstage area for the main showbuilding, there are two things to consider: 1) It wouldn't be a tram animation. The vehicles would have to make a full circle back to the loading station. If they built it the same way as ours, they would have to add scenes to make it work (Which there isn't enough space for) or make the vehicles go backwards towards the station (Which isn't going to work capacity or story wise). 2) While they could readjust an Orlando version to go "full circle", there's one thing that's in the way: Hogwarts Express. I would imagine it would be very difficult to build a tunnel under that track just to go backstage.

The only reason this rumor got any fuel was because it was originally anticipated as a glorified KK 360 or another mere animation like how Disaster is. Now we're learning that it's a full-blown mega attraction integrated on the tour and there's just not enough space in the Disaster venue to justify it.

I was thinking more towards the T23D building. Although the existing building is too small they could probably expand it behind the shops, and expand it into the backstage area between ET and Terminator and if they need more space there's always the possibility of tearing down Gardens of Allah. It would fit in better thematically speaking since it's the "Hollywood" land and the ride takes place in LA.
Looked at Hollywood street/T2 and there's still not enough space to put it there. Besides Disaster and T2/Hollywood, Kidzone is the only possible location they could put it. Unless plans change, they probably want to use that space for Bikini Bottom or something family-oriented. Unless they put it in Kidzone, I think F&F will be ours to claim. Again, anything could happen (Look at Transformers), but I just don't see them getting it. At least, it wouldn't be an exact clone of ours but without the tram.

EDIT TO ADD: I also just realized something: This is the best motivation for guests to keep their glasses throughout the tour. Now they won't be tossing them all over the backlot.

I did some tooling around Google maps and compared buildings (F&F vs. our Earthquake and their Disaster building). There's no way they can cram it in there. While they could theoretically go into the backstage area for the main showbuilding, there are two things to consider: 1) It wouldn't be a tram animation. The vehicles would have to make a full circle back to the loading station. If they built it the same way as ours, they would have to add scenes to make it work (Which there isn't enough space for) or make the vehicles go backwards towards the station (Which isn't going to work capacity or story wise). 2) While they could readjust an Orlando version to go "full circle", there's one thing that's in the way: Hogwarts Express. I would imagine it would be very difficult to build a tunnel under that track just to go backstage.

The only reason this rumor got any fuel was because it was originally anticipated as a glorified KK 360 or another mere animation like how Disaster is. Now we're learning that it's a full-blown mega attraction integrated on the tour and there's just not enough space in the Disaster venue to justify it.

Looked at Hollywood street/T2 and there's still not enough space to put it there. Besides Disaster and T2/Hollywood, Kidzone is the only possible location they could put it. Unless plans change, they probably want to use that space for Bikini Bottom or something family-oriented. Unless they put it in Kidzone, I think F&F will be ours to claim. Again, anything could happen (Look at Transformers), but I just don't see them getting it. At least, it wouldn't be an exact clone of ours but without the tram.

EDIT TO ADD: I also just realized something: This is the best motivation for guests to keep their glasses throughout the tour. Now they won't be tossing them all over the backlot.
Couldn't they just put half of the ride on one floor and build the other half on a second floor? Plus the tour trams are really long, if orlando only uses one car then it could probably fit since the 360 screens would only need to be a fraction the size than the one in Hollywood.