Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really love BTS videos. It's so awesome to see how these technologically advanced adventures were created. The video was rather short :( I hope the longer one that's coming out is gonna have more awesomeness! I wanna know what about the technology, props, thoughts, and all that good stuff in to making Supercharged.  

If there's enough time after the animation, they might do what they did with Kong and play behind-the-scenes clips once you've experienced the "ride". It'd probably be better received than hearing "Tramtastic Day" over and over.

Look at this amazing comparison I made all by myself!

16737155252_91006a30d5_c.jpg

Okay, not really. You can thank forum member Zero56 for this masterpiece. It's amazing just how much of an improvement F&F really is compared to Kong.
Here is my updated layout for F&F 

16689434238_8612ff5c37_b.jpg

Yesss, I meant front projection system, not back. Gosh I love that technique. It really was such a more beautiful art for back then.

And I don't remember if I read it as a wishful rumor on here or if it was an actual quote from Universal. Either way, that'd be an ingenious yet classic way of integrating that into the attraction.

Thanks for posting that video btw. I'm obsessed with old film techniques.

Yesss, I meant front projection system, not back. Gosh I love that technique. It really was such a more beautiful art for back then.

And I don't remember if I read it as a wishful rumor on here or if it was an actual quote from Universal. Either way, that'd be an ingenious yet classic way of integrating that into the attraction.

Thanks for posting that video btw. I'm obsessed with old film techniques.
I hope it does end up happening. Funny how the new Tram animation that will revitalize a 50 year old tour relies on old filming techniques. Weirdly poetic haha.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it in the second room where the screens will drop in to enclose each tram car?
That was never confirmed, nor does that seem like something that would be implemented, that was simply a rumor on here. That'd be far too complicated and wouldn't make sense, since each tram car can't drive by itself, so it wouldn't make sense story wise, etc.

I hope it does end up happening. Funny how the new Tram animation that will revitalize a 50 year old tour relies on old filming techniques. Weirdly poetic haha.
Very much so! Any time I see physical props or effects or classic techniques, I get so giddy inside. I love the digital world as well, I've personally gotten to play against & act with green screens and green screen special effect work when I was on TV, and it's ridiculously fun, but physical effects are the best.

One of Westcoaster's recent photo updates included a great shot of the show building, which gives us our first good look at the front of the façade: 

16877547892_f227e04e5e_z.jpg

(full article here: http://www.westcoaster.net/2015/03/18/universal-studios-hollywood-03182015/ )

It seems we'll be entering an old, abandoned garage or mechanic's workshop. You can see some automobile scraps and some barrels sitting around the entrance.

That seems ridiculously impractical and I don't see how that makes sense story wise to have each tram car be it's own vehicle since only the front car has a drive. And since if each car is separately enclosed, that would be very claustrophobic and the way the projectors would have to be utilized is almost impossible, there wouldn't be enough space to project in front of each tram. Plus, that would defeat the purpose of the massive wrap around screen. Just seems super complicated and unnecessary. The point is for the whole tram to be in the action, not each separate tram car.

Idk...I can't picture this, sorry Jon.