Frozen Ever After | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It didn't get a ride but Lion King did get Legend of the Lion King at Magic Kingdom, Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom, and Circle of Life at Epcot.

You can't really think a movie needs to stand the test of time before seeing if its worthy of an attraction. Universal opened up Despicable Me two years after the movie hit theaters. Hell, Sleeping Beauty Castle and its walk-through attraction were at Disneyland years before the movie even hit theaters.
It doesn't need to stand the test of time but if they are really going to go all out for this film then they should atleast see how it's looking in a couple years to make sure it's the right fit so we don't get something like stitches great escape or water world

hyrsdsdf33.jpg

Yeah, um....I think it will be ok if they build this ride.

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
It doesn't need to stand the test of time but if they are really going to go all out for this film then they should atleast see how it's looking in a couple years to make sure it's the right fit so we don't get something like stitches great escape or water world

I am sorry we complain all the time about Disney moving too slow and now you want them to slow down? I personally think they need to get this ride made ASAP, I just want it to be in a new spot and not replacing a ride with a small footprint.

Also, Beauty and the Beast have something at MGM and Little Mermaid had a theater show long before the new ride. Not every concept needs to be a ride, sometimes they are shows too. Someone already pointed out all the places Lion King is.

LILO and stitch and waterworld were basically flops, so Your comparison makes no sense. Frozen is huge. And in MY opinion a new Disney classic. None of these princess movies are really all that deep story wise. They are fairy tales after all. I repeat. Frozen is NOT a fad.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I could argue that both Shrek and Despicable Me are much more reliant on pop culture jokes and current humor. These properties I feel are not timeless. At least the transformers have three decades of cartoons behind them besides those god awful movies.

Frozen is insanely popular. I was at the Animation Academy at the Disney Studios and when it was announced that we would be drawing Elsa there were literal screams of the majority of the class. That said, just because a movie is popular does not mean it will make a good theme park ride. One of the most classic theme park rides was Mr Toad's Wild Ride, which was based on only a moderately successful movie. I read that a lot of people think Aladdin is deserving of better ride, but while that movie was good in its own time, upon re-watching there was several very dated elements to that film. Also, for movies that have obvious ride potential, I think the the Emperor's New Groove would be awesome, since it also has a pre-built ride concept in the movie.

Frozen was a good movie, but EXTREMELY OVERRATED. Tangled was 10x better IMO.

I believe a Frozen attraction belongs in Fantasyland, NOT Epcot. But because Epcot, especially World Showcase, is in such dire need of ANYTHING new, I don't mind it coming to Norway that much. I pray it doesn't replace Maelstrom though. I actually really enjoy Maelstrom and find it to be one of the most underrated rides at WDW.

I am sorry we complain all the time about Disney moving too slow and now you want them to slow down? I personally think they need to get this ride made ASAP, I just want it to be in a new spot and not replacing a ride with a small footprint.

Also, Beauty and the Beast have something at MGM and Little Mermaid had a theater show long before the new ride. Not every concept needs to be a ride, sometimes they are shows too. Someone already pointed out all the places Lion King is.
I want them to slow down with frozen and do something else when the time is right. Why don't they just make a frozen stage show somewhere replace one of the billion shows a MGM with one? Makes sense. And yeah I know not all concepts needs to be a ride but they should

LILO and stitch and waterworld were basically flops, so Your comparison makes no sense. Frozen is huge. And in MY opinion a new Disney classic. None of these princess movies are really all that deep story wise. They are fairy tales after all. I repeat. Frozen is NOT a fad.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I could argue that both Shrek and Despicable Me are much more reliant on pop culture jokes and current humor. These properties I feel are not timeless. At least the transformers have three decades of cartoons behind them besides those god awful movies.

Those are way better examples than stitch and water world thanks!!! Princess stories can get insanely deep like beauty and the beast, little mermaid and Mulan (she's on the merch so she counts I guess) there is a difference between a interesting story and a bland one and I definitely think frozen has a bland story, the songs make up for it but man that message is loose and it's all kind of a mess. So the moral of the story is to not marry someone you just met? To not care about anything? Ugh whatever. Hatetofly once said frozen only did well in the box office because there was litterally nothing for kids at the time it came out and I believe him. I always see a movie on Christmas and if you have kids, why not see the cartoon about ice?!?! That's why it did ok in the box office when it first came out then BOOM it exploded!!! People were kinda forced to see it

Those are way better examples than stitch and water world thanks!!! Princess stories can get insanely deep like beauty and the beast, little mermaid and Mulan (she's on the merch so she counts I guess) there is a difference between a interesting story and a bland one and I definitely think frozen has a bland story, the songs make up for it but man that message is loose and it's all kind of a mess. So the moral of the story is to not marry someone you just met? To not care about anything? Ugh whatever. Hatetofly once said frozen only did well in the box office because there was litterally nothing for kids at the time it came out and I believe him. I always see a movie on Christmas and if you have kids, why not see the cartoon about ice?!?! That's why it did ok in the box office when it first came out then BOOM it exploded!!! People were kinda forced to see it

The whole "Frozen did well because it had no competition" is getting old. Its been repeated over and over again why thats not the case. I wont even bother to go into comparisons of dimilar movies, market behaviors, or how the box office works...Ill just say that if Frozen really was just a meciocre movie that made a lot of money because it lacked competition, merchandise sales would not be as high as they are. You dont flock to stores to buy merchandise from a movie you thought was bland and was "forced" to see.

The whole "Frozen did well because it had no competition" is getting old. Its been repeated over and over again why thats not the case. I wont even bother to go into comparisons of dimilar movies, market behaviors, or how the box office works...Ill just say that if Frozen really was just a meciocre movie that made a lot of money because it lacked competition, merchandise sales would not be as high as they are. You dont flock to stores to buy merchandise from a movie you thought was bland and was "forced" to see.
Kids will buy anything especially if it's new and was made for them, especially little girls. While we had our Star Wars action figures and Pokemon. Girls collect dolls and costumes. Being a princess is a dream that's why things like the bippiti boppiti boutique exist and if two new little princesses are apart of the lineup, girls will buy the costumes, dolls, books, stuffed olafs you name it. It doesn't matter how good the movie was just the toys marketed for them (AKA me when the Star Wars prequels came out)

Kids will buy anything especially if it's new and was made for them, especially little girls. While we had our Star Wars action figures and Pokemon. Girls collect dolls and costumes. Being a princess is a dream that's why things like the bippiti boppiti boutique exist and if two new little princesses are apart of the lineup, girls will buy the costumes, dolls, books, stuffed olafs you name it. It doesn't matter how good the movie was just the toys marketed for them (AKA me when the Star Wars prequels came out)

The point is Frozen has had unprecedented success in this field. Its not like Cars where we got the first talking cars that little boys could attach character attributes to. Princesses are a dime a dozen. The Princess and the Frog hasnt had the same success in selling soundtracks, dolls, clothes, toys, plush, etc. Why? Is it because it had more competition at the box office? Cant be, because it was purposefully released to avoud going head to head with Alvin and the Chipmunks. All things considered, Frozen is a good movie with good characters and a solid story and an above-average soundtrack that isnt restrictive to just one demographic...that is where the bulk of its success has come from. Sure, competition always has something to do with a films success, but not to that extreme degree.

The point is Frozen has had unprecedented success in this field. Its not like Cars where we got the first talking cars that little boys could attach character attributes to. Princesses are a dime a dozen. The Princess and the Frog hasnt had the same success in selling soundtracks, dolls, clothes, toys, plush, etc. Why? Is it because it had more competition at the box office? Cant be, because it was purposefully released to avoud going head to head with Alvin and the Chipmunks. All things considered, Frozen is a good movie with good characters and a solid story and an above-average soundtrack that isnt restrictive to just one demographic...that is where the bulk of its success has come from. Sure, competition always has something to do with a films success, but not to that extreme degree.
I personally don't think the world was ready for princess and the frog. The 2D animation (while beautiful and my personal preference) could've been seen as kiddy and old to the people out there who are too much in the new. But anyways I see your points and they do make sense, but do you remember brave and how big that movie was with all the merchandise of those little bears? I have the feeling frozen will have the same fate where next year when finding dory comes out and the good dinosaur, nobody will look back at frozen and just pass it off as some little thing. Will it be remembered as a solid movie in the Disney lineup? Of corse it will but right now it's as popular as it's ever going to get and I promise you next year that line for Anna and Elsa won't be anywhere near 4 hours

I personally don't think the world was ready for princess and the frog. The 2D animation (while beautiful and my personal preference) could've been seen as kiddy and old to the people out there who are too much in the new. But anyways I see your points and they do make sense, but do you remember brave and how big that movie was with all the merchandise of those little bears? I have the feeling frozen will have the same fate where next year when finding dory comes out and the good dinosaur, nobody will look back at frozen and just pass it off as some little thing. Will it be remembered as a solid movie in the Disney lineup? Of corse it will but right now it's as popular as it's ever going to get and I promise you next year that line for Anna and Elsa won't be anywhere near 4 hours

I dont know if I agree with that. Yes, kid's movies are generally fads. But the popularity of Frozen is much bigger than most of its competitors. Sure Brave and other movies like that sold toys, but not to the same extent...therefore I wouldnt predict Frozen's longterm reaction to be the comparable.

Stitch's Great Escape is a terrible attraction while Waterworld is a great one, so not sure exactly what your point was.

I dont know if I agree with that. Yes, kid's movies are generally fads. But the popularity of Frozen is much bigger than most of its competitors. Sure Brave and other movies like that sold toys, but not to the same extent...therefore I wouldnt predict Frozen's longterm reaction to be the comparable.
You never know, brave was marketed as the first badass Princess (Mulan was first but whatever) and it worked because it got people to see the movie and buy tons of merch.....then forget about it. Sure frozen is the number one animated movie of all time but things change. More people are going to the movies now than ever before and just last year despicable me 2 was crowned until frozen took it's spot. Things change and being number one doesn't have the same effect it used to, I bet next year finding dory will be number one or Star Wars 7 will be number one, the movie is popular but it's still 7 months old so who knows what people will think about it years from now

^what Im saying is, Frozen and Brave are not nearly on the same spectrum of success, so they arent good comparisons.

As far as its status as #1 animated movie...its actually the 6th highest-grossing film of all time, animated or not. So again, a much larger spectrum of success than what youre comparing it to.

I did want to note that movie theater attendance actually declined in the US, the gross box office revenue flat-lined even with the ticket prices higher than ever (international is the growing market). Theatrical release has become an all or nothing game, where the studios stay away from the risks making for less competition. All of the blockbusters have been increasingly benefiting from this, as that is all there is now.

Who thinks the water world movie is a timeless classic? :blank:

What does that have to do with the stunt show, which has been one of the park's highest rated attractions since it debuted?