Frozen Ever After | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saying frozen is or isn't a classic is pure opinion. The facts are that it's the highest grossing animated film for Disney and the merchandise sells like crazy. Wether you think the story is good or bad is completely meaningless in reality.
Sadly you have a point, I miss the days when Disney movies weren't only based on marketing

- - - Updated - - -

Not so sure that proves your point, more that this guy can make a funny trailer! The Potter one is good too, http://youtu.be/kL1aqfnIr2Y
It explains the many flaws the movie has, it's more than just a funny trailer. Oh yeah that one is hilarious too

- - - Updated - - -

Aladdin got a show on Broadway, i'd at least be happy about that much. I just don't think Aladdin is as widely loved of a character as most of the ones that Disney has based full scale rides off of.

It's a part of the renaissance and it's a classic in many peoples eyes, the fact that they haven't built a cave of wonders dark ride yet baffles me

Frozen is a fad, it's basically a over blown meme that nobody will talk about in a couple months when they realize the insane flaws it actually has. Hey guys, frozen's dialogue is terrible!!!! :p but yeah if this replaces maelstrom instead of the 60 things it can replace in DHS then TDO will lose all my respect forever

Frozen isn't a fad. While my enjoyment has gone down due to everyone shoving it down my throat, many think otherwise. It grossed over a billion dollars at the box office (and still going!), home media sales are high, merchandise is a hot seller, and Anna and Elsa are getting 5 hour waits.

So I watched frozen for the 12th time tonight with my daughter. It's definitely not a fad, and even if it's less popular in a few years it will still be extremely popular for a long time. Plus Disney has already planned a sequel and a broadway musical. Trust me, it's here to stay. And I actually really like the movie too.

- - - Updated - - -

A trackless sled ride sounds awesome by the way. Just wonder why Epcot is the right for for this.

Yeah I don't think it is a fad, I more meant it might be out of people's mind by that point as another movie will captivate them. Mainly I am thinking on the Merch side of things. Now if they do a sequel, that is different. I watched it for the first time yesterday and I have to say I was impressed. My husband thought it would be terrible and he even thought it was good. I never saw the attraction to the "Let it Go" song and after watching the movie and watching that scene I get it and my husband agreed. But I do agree that the movie will be like Lion King and Little Mermaid in that it will not ever go away. However, it is the merch sales Disney should be looking at with what Uni us doing and that was more of the side I was looking at.

Aladdin got a show on Broadway, i'd at least be happy about that much. I just don't think Aladdin is as widely loved of a character as most of the ones that Disney has based full scale rides off of.

I totally agree with this one. Aladdin was released when I was the age to be in to it and honestly I was not as in to it (and either were my friends) as much as I was Lion King and Little Mermaid.

Last edited:
Aladin isn't as popular because it's a "boy" property. Disney has struck gold with the "princess" properties. Which is the reason you'll be seeing more Frozens, Tangled, etc in the near future and way less Wreck it Ralphs.

Aladin isn't as popular because it's a "boy" property. Disney has struck gold with the "princess" properties. Which is the reason you'll be seeing more Frozens, Tangled, etc in the near future and way less Wreck it Ralphs.

I'm just saying it's the most obvious ride in a movie ever made, the fact that it has 2 iconic scenes in the movie with a magic carpet who is a big character. I'm honestly shocked there wasn't even a concept for a big ride or motion simulator yet when you never see the seven dwarfs ride a mine cart in the entire movie yet that's being made. Boy movie or not it's still a classic and warranting of a true theme park ride.

Another thing is after the 5 years of new fantasyland it's about time us boys got something. I think you are all forgetting pirate merch and the pippiti poppiti pirate botique make tons of money. It's easily one of the top selling merch brands if not the top.

Boys go to disney too and while they have their rides, they aren't going to go to MK for new fantasyland alone. I can tell you little boys have a sort of ego about them. They want to hate princesses because it's girly and stupid (not all but most) they like monsters, battles, pirates all the adventurous exciting stuff.

When Disney is promoting seven dwarfs and little mermaid, universal is promoting transformers and potter. To set that balence right, it would be smart if Disney made another boy ride instead of a frozen ride to say to the father and his son planning a vacation "come to Disney too" you could argue avatar land is for boys but honestly I have no idea who that land is marketing to.

Hopefully I didn't come off as sexist or stereotypical because boys can like girl things and vice versa. They should just cater to both genders or make something gender neutral so it doesn't keep getting passed off as the girly park

Last edited:
There is a magic carpet ride which takes place inside of the Cave of Wonders. It is a horribly dated experience located in Disney Quest.

There is a magic carpet ride which takes place inside of the Cave of Wonders. It is a horribly dated experience located in Disney Quest.
LOL I REMEMBER THAT!!! Oh disney quest, how incredibly dated you got in a short amount of time and how big of a migraine I got after the day was done

I'm just saying it's the most obvious ride in a movie ever made, the fact that it has 2 iconic scenes in the movie with a magic carpet who is a big character. I'm honestly shocked there wasn't even a concept for a big ride or motion simulator yet when you never see the seven dwarfs ride a mine cart in the entire movie yet that's being made. Boy movie or not it's still a classic and warranting of a true theme park ride.

Another thing is after the 5 years of new fantasyland it's about time us boys got something. I think you are all forgetting pirate merch and the pippiti poppiti pirate botique make tons of money. It's easily one of the top selling merch brands if not the top.

Boys go to disney too and while they have their rides, they aren't going to go to MK for new fantasyland alone. I can tell you little boys have a sort of ego about them. They want to hate princesses because it's girly and stupid (not all but most) they like monsters, battles, pirates all the adventurous exciting stuff.

When Disney is promoting seven dwarfs and little mermaid, universal is promoting transformers and potter. To set that balence right, it would be smart if Disney made another boy ride instead of a frozen ride to say to the father and his son planning a vacation "come to Disney too" you could argue avatar land is for boys but honestly I have no idea who that land is marketing to.

Hopefully I didn't come off as sexist or stereotypical because boys can like girl things and vice versa. They should just cater to both genders or make something gender neutral so it doesn't keep getting passed off as the girly park

I agree with you, I'm just stating the facts. The Princess line is proabably the biggest merchandise property that Disney has (other then Marvel and Star Wars). There is a reason why the original concept for NFL was all princess and fairies. Boys do like Frozen though, and a sled ride would appeal to both boys and girls I assume. All they have to do is throw in a "Let it Go" show scene and Disney will have a giant hit. Not sure if they can really do it justice within the Epcot Pavillion though.

I agree with you, I'm just stating the facts. The Princess line is proabably the biggest merchandise property that Disney has (other then Marvel and Star Wars). There is a reason why the original concept for NFL was all princess and fairies. Boys do like Frozen though, and a sled ride would appeal to both boys and girls I assume. All they have to do is throw in a "Let it Go" show scene and Disney will have a giant hit. Not sure if they can really do it justice within the Epcot Pavillion though.

I'm just saying if Disney made let it go the ride with just that scene with the castle forming around you using mystic manor projection effects as Elsa is just belting it out, it would be insanely awesome. Besides that, snow monster and the sled chase scene with the wolves nobody remembers I don't see anything else in frozen being implemented in a ride unless if they go the mermaid approach and just tell the story witch they will probably go for. Now if it was only at MGM

It's a new theme. Test Track is still testing a car and Soarin' will still be flying over the world.
That barely qualifies as a new ride. Unless it's an extensive changeover to where it's unreconizable from what it is now, then I just consider it a refurb.

Frozen is a bit of a phenomenon. It's actually one of the highest-grossing movies worldwide of ALL TIME. So please don't try to discredit how well its done. It's every bit as deserving of a huge attraction as Transformers, Potter, Toy Story, etc.

Now I do wish they wouldn't try to shoehorn this into Norway in Epcot as I don't think the footprint is large enough for what a ride for this should merit. If they use Maelstrom's space, I can't imagine it adding up to much.

Frozen is a bit of a phenomenon. It's actually one of the highest-grossing movies worldwide of ALL TIME. So please don't try to discredit how well its done. It's every bit as deserving of a huge attraction as Transformers, Potter, Toy Story, etc.

Now I do wish they wouldn't try to shoehorn this into Norway in Epcot as I don't think the footprint is large enough for what a ride for this should merit. If they use Maelstrom's space, I can't imagine it adding up to much.
I know how well it's doing but that doesn't mean it'll be timeless, only time will tell that.

Talking about a theme park ride for a movie that has come out literal months ago is pretty wild even if it is the highest grossing animated movie. In that case why hasn't the lion king gotten a ride yet? Why doesn't beauty and the beast or Aladdin have a actual dark ride? Those make Disney millions year after year yet no one will bat a eye at them when it comes to make a actual attraction, hell little mermaid just got a ride after 30+ years!!!!

What I'm trying to say is that it is way to quick to judge if frozen will be as timeless, we might look at it 10 years from now and think "why was this so popular?" or we might think the exact opposite. Other movies who have proven their timelessness should be the ones getting the ride spotlight over a newbie that came out 7 months ago.

Also I'm just going to say this, if Epcot needs a brand new ride it's gotta be the new ratatouille ride in Paris, it wouldn't replace anything, have a trackless ride system and it fits right into its atmosphere. I'll have that over frozen anyday

I bet Disney is kicking themselves for not opening a frozen mountain Ride instead of the 7 dwarves. I realize that they couldn't know it would be this popular, but man would that have been a cool mountain in Disney

If you watch the Frozen documentary on the DVD it actually shows a old Disneyland ride concept called "the snow queen" that featured a "cold interior" to keep people cool during the summer months. Think Seaworlds exhibit made into a Disney dark ride.

I bet Disney is kicking themselves for not opening a frozen mountain Ride instead of the 7 dwarves. I realize that they couldn't know it would be this popular, but man would that have been a cool mountain in Disney

If you watch the Frozen documentary on the DVD it actually shows a old Disneyland ride concept called "the snow queen" that featured a "cold interior" to keep people cool during the summer months. Think Seaworlds exhibit made into a Disney dark ride.
THAT would be way better than 7DMT, good thinking. Also man the ice queen dark ride looks pretty amazing, I wonder how much frozen would change if that was actually made. that goes near the top of attractions never made (poor candy mountain)

I know how well it's doing but that doesn't mean it'll be timeless, only time will tell that.

Talking about a theme park ride for a movie that has come out literal months ago is pretty wild even if it is the highest grossing animated movie. In that case why hasn't the lion king gotten a ride yet? Why doesn't beauty and the beast or Aladdin have a actual dark ride? Those make Disney millions year after year yet no one will bat a eye at them when it comes to make a actual attraction, hell little mermaid just got a ride after 30+ years!!!!

What I'm trying to say is that it is way to quick to judge if frozen will be as timeless, we might look at it 10 years from now and think "why was this so popular?" or we might think the exact opposite. Other movies who have proven their timelessness should be the ones getting the ride spotlight over a newbie that came out 7 months ago.

Also I'm just going to say this, if Epcot needs a brand new ride it's gotta be the new ratatouille ride in Paris, it wouldn't replace anything, have a trackless ride system and it fits right into its atmosphere. I'll have that over frozen anyday

It didn't get a ride but Lion King did get Legend of the Lion King at Magic Kingdom, Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom, and Circle of Life at Epcot.

You can't really think a movie needs to stand the test of time before seeing if its worthy of an attraction. Universal opened up Despicable Me two years after the movie hit theaters. Hell, Sleeping Beauty Castle and its walk-through attraction were at Disneyland years before the movie even hit theaters.