Frozen Ever After | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh no Disney please don't do this, put it as a replacement for something at MGM to make a better ride. I'm probably the only person in the world who will say this but I absolutely love maelstrom it's a phenomenal experience. The amount of culture, excitement and polar bears that are in this ride is just too awesome and it's easily in my top 5 in the resort. I love it so much that it actually interested me to write a animated Viking movie and I'm planning on writing 5 more sequels for it!!! To replace it with frozen just makes angry, why should Disney take the #1 highest grossing animated movie ever and make it into a corner of Epcot when there is a perfectly good backlot tour to demolish? Disney this is one of my happy places in the resort, I'll be very sad if you touch it

Hey everyone!!!

I've got some exciting news. A frozen ride is definitely coming to WDW,Epcot. The ride vehicle,a sleigh, will utilize the same trackless technology as the one used in mystic manor. The plan is to have it open before Avatar. I'll let you know as soon as I find out more.

Hey everyone!!!

I've got some exciting news. A frozen ride is definitely coming to WDW,Epcot. The ride vehicle,a sleigh, will utilize the same trackless technology as the one used in mystic manor. The plan is to have it open before Avatar. I'll let you know as soon as I find out more.
Don't troll with me like that.

In other words, i'll believe, ANYTHING is coming to Epcot when I see construction actually happening. Right now, there's not even really any good rumors surrounding Epcot (or DHS for that matter).

I'm not "trolling" but will say I'm positive we will see trolls. We will most likely here about whats going on this fall. It will not open 2015, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!!

If you are right I'll buy you a coke but man it's so hard to believe you right now

I'm not "trolling" but will say I'm positive we will see trolls. We will most likely here about whats going on this fall. It will not open 2015, thats for sure.
If you are right, then cool. I wouldn't expect it next year anyway. Epcot is rumored to be in line for a Soarin update next year. Plus, if it were to open next year, at Disney's pace, they would've needed to start a year or two ago.

Hey everyone!!!

While this sounds great, I hope it is a new ride and not one replacing an existing ride. I also can't imagine Disney moving this quickly on anything, so I am thinking late 2016 opening. Which is a shame because by that point there will be a new different movie all the kids are into.

While this sounds great, I hope it is a new ride and not one replacing an existing ride. I also can't imagine Disney moving this quickly on anything, so I am thinking late 2016 opening. Which is a shame because by that point there will be a new different movie all the kids are into.

Frozen is a fad, it's basically a over blown meme that nobody will talk about in a couple months when they realize the insane flaws it actually has. Hey guys, frozen's dialogue is terrible!!!! :p but yeah if this replaces maelstrom instead of the 60 things it can replace in DHS then TDO will lose all my respect forever

So I watched frozen for the 12th time tonight with my daughter. It's definitely not a fad, and even if it's less popular in a few years it will still be extremely popular for a long time. Plus Disney has already planned a sequel and a broadway musical. Trust me, it's here to stay. And I actually really like the movie too.

- - - Updated - - -

A trackless sled ride sounds awesome by the way. Just wonder why Epcot is the right for for this.

Frozen is a fad, it's basically a over blown meme that nobody will talk about in a couple months when they realize the insane flaws it actually has. Hey guys, frozen's dialogue is terrible!!!! :p but yeah if this replaces maelstrom instead of the 60 things it can replace in DHS then TDO will lose all my respect forever
Yep..it will blow over...just like Little Mermaid did

So I watched frozen for the 12th time tonight with my daughter. It's definitely not a fad, and even if it's less popular in a few years it will still be extremely popular for a long time. Plus Disney has already planned a sequel and a broadway musical. Trust me, it's here to stay. And I actually really like the movie too.

- - - Updated - - -

A trackless sled ride sounds awesome by the way. Just wonder why Epcot is the right for for this.

I don't think it is, MGM all the way man. That park needs a next top model face lift and arandelle would fit right in. Time will be the only way to tell if frozen's popularity will stay, it certainly doesn't have that timeless Disney feel with it's Ben stiller Esk dialogue and no emphasis on anything story wise besides the songs. I don't see it being a Aladdin, lion King or beauty and the beast anytime soon even with the sequels or broadway show. Watch this and you'll see my point http://youtu.be/Zb5IH57SorQ

I'd say with the broadway show, potential sequel (which will probably not live up to the first at all), and potential theme park additions, and merch jumping off the shelves like hot cakes, Disney isn't just going to let a hot IP like this sit there and rot. And it certainly wouldn't open without fanfare even if it did open in 2016 and there was something everyone else was into.

I'd say with the broadway show, potential sequel (which will probably not live up to the first at all), and potential theme park additions, and merch jumping off the shelves like hot cakes, Disney isn't just going to let a hot IP like this sit there and rot. And it certainly wouldn't open without fanfare even if it did open in 2016 and there was something everyone else was into.

They let it rot for mermaid and Aladdin is still rotting. Obviously this is going before Aladdin (THE MOVIE HAD A LITERAL RIDE SECTION TWICE, WHY IS IT ONLY A SPINNER!!!!) with the 3 hour crowds to talk to cosplayers this needs a attraction and fast and by fast I mean 2 years. Please for the love of god make it not replace anything good

Aladdin got a show on Broadway, i'd at least be happy about that much. I just don't think Aladdin is as widely loved of a character as most of the ones that Disney has based full scale rides off of.

I don't think it is, MGM all the way man. That park needs a next top model face lift and arandelle would fit right in. Time will be the only way to tell if frozen's popularity will stay, it certainly doesn't have that timeless Disney feel with it's Ben stiller Esk dialogue and no emphasis on anything story wise besides the songs. I don't see it being a Aladdin, lion King or beauty and the beast anytime soon even with the sequels or broadway show. Watch this and you'll see my point http://youtu.be/Zb5IH57SorQ

Not so sure that proves your point, more that this guy can make a funny trailer! The Potter one is good too, http://youtu.be/kL1aqfnIr2Y

Saying frozen is or isn't a classic is pure opinion. The facts are that it's the highest grossing animated film for Disney and the merchandise sells like crazy. Wether you think the story is good or bad is completely meaningless in reality.