Frozen Ever After | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And the current rumor is it's way behind schedule, and getting some cuts to FX. It was supposed to open in March. Now I'm hearing June.

And the current rumor is it's way behind schedule, and getting some cuts to FX. It was supposed to open in March. Now I'm hearing June.

Yay for modern Walt Disney World and the first new ride in Epcot in 11 years. I'm sure Toy Story Land will likely be amazing also... Cameron may be the only thing keeping Avatar cohesive, and I'm hoping Star Wars land isn't Shanghaied (cuts happen indirectly because of the China money pit).

Last edited:
Frozen Ever After: Anna and Elsa and the Escape To Arrendelle-come join your favorite Disney princess in a exiting new adventure.Spend hours in line behind screaming children while hearing different renditions of let it go play on a loop.Face your fears as you finally board the boat and 7 parents bring out cameras and take 6 flash photos of every scene.Finally once you have escaped frozen buy our overpriced photos of your fun adventure but you can get the photos for free if you payed for an annual pass which increases in price every fckin year and we just gave you some free photos instead of trying to build something cool(srry rant)

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life

Oh sheesh I hope the budget cuts aren't true. Aside from the fact that the concept in its entirety is a cost-saving measure, there should be no reason not to put your 100% in this one. With OLC suddenly putting hold on Frozen at TDS (and DCA entertainment supposedly reluctanctly closing Aladdin), one wonders if Disney really is suddenly having cold feet about Frozen as a franchise with staying power.

Or, ever worse, this actually be a casualty of Shanghai Disneyland. Which would make for two Disney CEOs in a row that made a huge gamble on opening a foreign theme park only for it to blow up in their faces, causing the stateside parks to suffer. Except the depressing fact that at least DLP sunk Disney's finances after it opened... here it seems to be affecting things and the damn park isn't even open yet.

Iger knows that no matter what, he can't pull the budget from Star Wars Land. Every Disney exec knows that, especially considering the money TFA is currently banking for them. That's great! ...except that in the process they are also backing up two hugely expensive, maligned projects. (Avatar/Shanghai) Oh, and let's not forget the costly MyMagic-Plus. To just hope SWL will make everything okay in the end is honestly such a bizarre notion. It's a 14-acre land, let's not just ignore infrastructure due to it. Yes, DHS will be helped a bit but it's a really small cog.

Even worse is Disneyland, which they are abysmally handling with the SWL intrusion. And I'm not talking about the goats going away or the the DLRR/RoA/TSI changes, I'm talking about balance. So far their plans to bulk up for Star Wars is literally adding nothing more of increased capacity. 2016 will see three new attractions at DCA, but they're all minor replacements. As much as I loved the retheme of Condor Flats, it's not doing what the DCA expansion project did. Obviously DL is being expanded, and yea as such, the park will be fine itself. (although if they're keeping Toontown, please fix it up!)

But why aren't they bulking up DCA more? There's one expansion pad left, and two essentially still dead spots in the park (back of Hollywood Land and Maliboomer), you'd think that they'd do something with SOME of that to soak up those SWL crowds. But nope: DCA is "done" being fixed, and so is every non-DHS problem at WDW apparently. Why? A couple of bad ideas. Really, really significantly huge bad ideas.

But why aren't they bulking up DCA more? There's one expansion pad left, and two essentially still dead spots in the park (back of Hollywood Land and Maliboomer), you'd think that they'd do something with SOME of that to soak up those SWL crowds. But nope: DCA is "done" being fixed, and so is every non-DHS problem at WDW apparently. Why? A couple of bad ideas. Really, really significantly huge bad ideas.

Well it's simple, really. Cars Land and the park overhaul cost a billion dollars and left the park a mess for two solid years. They want to enjoy their new influx of guests and revenue stream for a bit before kicking up more dust. That and their entire team is working on SWL. Cars Land is still "new." There are still 180 minute waits for RSR. They've got enough at DCA at the moment that they don't need to pull people over from SWL to create another attraction. Once SWL opens, they'll shift their attention back to DCA. That's how they're supposed to roll out here. Beefing up the parks back and forth. Good strategy.

Also, the Spirit popped up on Magic after his very long absence. The talk over there has been unexceptional for a good while. I have basically quit reading Magic since it's been so boring. I can only take so many Photo Dave comments. :bored:

Reactions: Quint
Also, the Spirit popped up on Magic after his very long absence. The talk over there has been unexceptional for a good while. I have basically quit reading Magic since it's been so boring. I can only take so many Photo Dave comments. :bored:
Most everyone over there is full of themselves or trolls. The whole "Lee says something nasty about Jim Hill in an attempt to start a conversation about social media" scandal was ridiculous.

Most everyone over there is full of themselves or trolls. The whole "Lee says something nasty about Jim Hill in an attempt to start a conversation about social media" scandal was ridiculous.
Yes, I 100% agree. That kind of stuff really helps us to appreciate OU. It's pretty courteous and civilized over here for the most part. TPI Forums also are just about completely dead. This is really the only forum I spend much time on anymore. Good people here on OU.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I never mind when people post information from other sites here. Because if this is the only site I visit, then its the only way I would know.

I'm not saying he isn't or doesn't. I'm just saying I say an almost exact post down to the specifics almost a day prior over there and it wasn't him who posted the info.

Your point? He never claimed to be originating the information, he was just passing it along. You're making a bigger deal out of than it needs.

Your point? He never claimed to be originating the information, he was just passing it along. You're making a bigger deal out of than it needs.
This is semi-right. He started by saying "Rumor is" (which can be taken many ways) and finished with "Now i'm hearing...", which can lead people to believe that he's speaking from sources (which, I admit, I can't say if that is the case or not).

I fully admit tho that DH has given us some great info in the past, so it's not out of the realm that he could've had intel on this. Although DH also doesn't seem to seek Disney info either.

Most of the folks a hang with socially are way into the Disney thing. Several run Disney sites. The chatter for quite a while has been that it is behind schedule. And recently talk of cuts just to get the thing open have been making the rounds.

I am guilty of reading that post and concluding that it is a pretty good synopsis of of the current situation. And I hadn't seen the current rumors mentioned here, so I paraphrased and removed a bit of the melodrama to just include the meat of the info.