Frozen Ever After | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
5DDDF500-C1D5-47AA-899F-1E4A9E276342_zpsrdsxbzi2.jpg

So I have a question about the opening date. Is that date the typical grand opening or is that the typical soft opening. I am thinking it is soft, but just wondering. Also, looks like the height debate can be put to rest :)

^^^ This. When is the last time they announced something months ahead of time when it comes to opening dates. I don't remember the circus part or LM part being announced 3 months before opening date either. Unless my memory is just wrong.

When was the last time they built something within a reasonable time frame? Nobody will know a project is delayed if they don't know when it's meant to open.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Fatality
^^^ This. When is the last time they announced something months ahead of time when it comes to opening dates. I don't remember the circus part or LM part being announced 3 months before opening date either. Unless my memory is just wrong.
Yeah. I remember when they first opened the new Dumbo ride (just one side at first) Goofy and part of the circus. They just opened it one day, no prior announcement at all.

The new Frozen show at DCA has been announced to open 5/27, so they really might plan to open this the same day. One More Frozen Day? :lol:
Makes sense they would shoot for that at least.

The big summer ad campaign is supposedly going to be centered around new Frozen experiences and the new Soarin film for both coasts. "Be whisked away to the land of Arendelle or soar around the world this summer at Disney Parks!"

The big summer ad campaign is supposedly going to be centered around new Frozen experiences and the new Soarin film for both coasts. "Be whisked away to the land of Arendelle or soar around the world this summer at Disney Parks!"

I am wondering if they will open without softs. I mean it is the same ride system just different load and unload. So I can see if the timeline gets crunched just opening without softs on this one. Now with that said I personally hope they don't because I would like to get on this thing before the crowds get heavy. Check it off my list and then avoid that area for a couple years lol

I would hope they mention RoK and the whole AK at night thing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would hope they mention RoK and the whole AK at night thing.
Just picked up a large Disney booklet when I was at Triple AAA updating my photo license yesterday. It had a big glossy two page spread advertising ROK & Kil Saf. at night. The Frozen Ever After ad was on page 7 bottom corner, only about one/sixth of a page. Nothing on Soarin. This surprised me....Of course this is March, but the time people book for the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
More confirmation for the May 27th date, it looks like Anna & Elsa FPs will end at MK on May 26th. Also, it seems Mission: Space drops out of Tier 1 back to Tier 2, which shows that Tier 1 is going to be adding rides on that date.

It also seems Soarin may open up on the 27th too, but still be the old film, but will have the 3rd theater. There are rumors they don't want to transition to the new film until Shanghai opens up, but that they want to open the ride back up.

Now my question is with a opening of 27th, it seems that is official opening since the M&Gs will move over on that date. So does this mean that it will soft open before that point, I have got to think they will soft open it at least a week or 2 before.

More confirmation for the May 27th date, it looks like Anna & Elsa FPs will end at MK on May 26th. Also, it seems Mission: Space drops out of Tier 1 back to Tier 2, which shows that Tier 1 is going to be adding rides on that date.

It also seems Soarin may open up on the 27th too, but still be the old film, but will have the 3rd theater. There are rumors they don't want to transition to the new film until Shanghai opens up, but that they want to open the ride back up.

Now my question is with a opening of 27th, it seems that is official opening since the M&Gs will move over on that date. So does this mean that it will soft open before that point, I have got to think they will soft open it at least a week or 2 before.
Remember, the ride doesn't have to open for the M&G to open. And the M&G will also be a Tier 1 FP+.

Remember, the ride doesn't have to open for the M&G to open. And the M&G will also be a Tier 1 FP+.

You are right. It could just be Soarin and M&G that is bumping down Mission Space and the ride itself will not open. But since we had the screen print above showing the May 27th date, I thought it was very interesting that this news lined up with that date. I would think they wouldn't need to move the M&G until the ride is open, so it is an interesting move if they go the route of moving the M&G without the ride being open.

You are right. It could just be Soarin and M&G that is bumping down Mission Space and the ride itself will not open. But since we had the screen print above showing the May 27th date, I thought it was very interesting that this news lined up with that date. I would think they wouldn't need to move the M&G until the ride is open, so it is an interesting move if they go the route of moving the M&G without the ride being open.
I believe that is the date they are aiming at for opening the ride, but they are behind schedule. That is why they haven't announced that as the date. It's odd that 2 months out that they haven't announced a date. It may end up like another 7DMT debacle where at the planned opening media event they announce the opening date instead of opening the ride.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Mission: Space is a Tier 1 FP+ attraction?! Epcot really is a mess.

So is Living with the Land :)

I believe that is the date they are aiming at for opening the ride, but they are behind schedule. That is why they haven't announced that as the date. It's odd that 2 months out that they haven't announced a date. It may end up like another 7DMT debacle where at the planned opening media event they announce the opening date instead of opening the ride.

How far out do they typically announce? I only ask because I don't remember a recent time in Orlando that any park has announced an opening prior to two months. It seems like all of them are waiting until much closer to opening. But my memory has gone down since having kids so I could be wrong lol

So is Living with the Land :)

How far out do they typically announce? I only ask because I don't remember a recent time in Orlando that any park has announced an opening prior to two months. It seems like all of them are waiting until much closer to opening. But my memory has gone down since having kids so I could be wrong lol
They used to make the announcements about opening dates at least 6 months out. That way people could plan trips. But for the last 5 years or so, they have had trouble meeting the hard deadlines. So now we get "Summer 2016" right up to when softs start.

Reactions: tankart150
They used to make the announcements about opening dates at least 6 months out. That way people could plan trips. But for the last 5 years or so, they have had trouble meeting the hard deadlines. So now we get "Summer 2016" right up to when softs start.

I wonder what changed? Are the rides too complex now that it causes things to move back so much? Just seems like all parks are now doing this. Like 4 things are opening "summer 2016" in Orlando (Soarin, Frozen, Kong, and Mako) and none of them have opening dates yet. It seems like an entire industry change because I remember HP 1 had sold packages way in advance and then couldn't make that as an opening date and had to limit the packages to work with soft openings. So since that point Uni hasn't had far in advance opening/packages either. It seems like since that point no one has had advance dates.