Frozen Ever After | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epcot will have it rough until Frozen and Soarin' open, but even then, they need to start pouring real money into Future World to fix it. Waiting until after DHS is done will only make things worse too, they need to start ASAP.

Epcot will have it rough until Frozen and Soarin' open, but even then, they need to start pouring real money into Future World to fix it. Waiting until after DHS is done will only make things worse too, they need to start ASAP.
Disney usually only likes to do one major project at a time so its very possible you may have to wait till 2020 to see a major announcement for Epcot

Disney usually only likes to do one major project at a time so its very possible you may have to wait till 2020 to see a major announcement for Epcot

Really? Because before Frozen opens this year they will be working on Pandora, Frozen, SWL, Soarin, and TSL all at the same time :)

Now I do think we won't hear about Epcot stuff for a couple years.

Reactions: tankart150
Disney wont start on star wars land until either springs is open or avatar is done their construction team is spread to thin and i said major construction sorin and frozen would be in the refurbish list

Reactions: tankart150
Disney wont start on star wars land until either springs is open or avatar is done their construction team is spread to thin and i said major construction sorin and frozen would be in the refurbish list

Sorin (or more accurately; Soarin') is adding a new third theatre to the factor, and bringing in a brand new film. I'd say that its atleast a major addition, and before anyone says "TSMM is getting a third track; so that must be brand new!"; that's mainly a thing to add capacity that's sorely needed for this attraction. Soarin is not only the need to upgrade capacity, but they are replacing the original "SOC" film with the new "Soarin' Around The World" film that's been filmed in several world hotspots, and both DCA/DL and Epcot.

Frostrom itself; Is a major addition. Not only because of the ride, but the new changes being done to the area surrounding it, and even as its using the same layout as Maelstrom, the load and unload is getting connected to eachother, and an extra scene is added. Also counting the new sets, lighting, and more; this is a major addition aswell.

Also, Frostrom counts the brand new structure that's being risen over on its left side, that's most likely another gift shop, the new M&G and then Restrooms, so that's also to count..

Reactions: Cole

Disney is already working on infrastructure stuff for both TSL and SWL. As soon as everything is closed construction will go full force on TSL and probably infrastructure stuff for SWL. But there is no way they hold off construction on SWL until Springs and/or Avatar is done. They will start to do construction this year and neither of those projects finish up this year. Construction crews are outsourced and trust me, there are more than enough construction workers in the Orlando area to facilitate all the projects going on in Orlando.

I've heard Frozen is about 3 months behind schedule. They were shooting for a March opening but now it looks like June (or later)...

I never expected it before May to be honest with you. If you are not going to make Spring Break crowds you might as well wait. Also, this and the 3rd theater really need to open at the same time or the 3rd theater first. Because the demand on Epcot would make it a nightmare not having soarin open.

Reactions: Cole
I never expected it before May to be honest with you. If you are not going to make Spring Break crowds you might as well wait. Also, this and the 3rd theater really need to open at the same time or the 3rd theater first. Because the demand on Epcot would make it a nightmare not having soarin open.
Soarin' definitely needs to be open before they let the floodgates rush towards this ride.

Reactions: IzzyB
Soarin' definitely needs to be open before they let the floodgates rush towards this ride.
Yes, I agree with that. This later opening of Frozen is contrary to their original schedule but it's probably a godsend to ops. By the way, looking at Touring Plans crowds, it looks like Epcot attendance is dropping since Soarin closed.

Reactions: Skubersky
Yes, I agree with that. This later opening of Frozen is contrary to their original schedule but it's probably a godsend to ops. By the way, looking at Touring Plans crowds, it looks like Epcot attendance is dropping since Soarin closed.

I'm surprised people even know, tbh. If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't have had a clue.

Reactions: Cole and Mad Dog
I don't think most people realize that the ride will open BEFORE all the meet and greet village area. Much like NFL, this will no really be done when the attraction opens.