Frozen Ever After | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But Disneyland does. Once SWL comes around, i'd look for Toontown to close.

That was supposed to be a clone of Tokyo's IIRC. Without OLC providing the funds for that R&D it's probably delayed indefinitely right now. A shame too since it's supposed to be the lavish attraction WDW should be getting instead.

This is a resort considering turning their TOT into a GOTG ride. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah, things aren't the best right now to say the least...

I do hope that the BATB ride going to TDL ends up in Florida (I know, not likely) eventually. That ride had all the R&D work done for it as it was originally planned to be a part of NFL. FL could use another people eater to take pressure off Mine Train, too.

I do hope that the BATB ride going to TDL ends up in Florida (I know, not likely) eventually. That ride had all the R&D work done for it as it was originally planned to be a part of NFL. FL could use another people eater to take pressure off Mine Train, too.

I know we're wildly off topic here, but I want the next MK attraction to be an E-ticket for Adeventureland back behind Pirates ala IJA in DL.

I know we're wildly off topic here, but I want the next MK attraction to be an E-ticket for Adeventureland back behind Pirates ala IJA in DL.
For some reason Disney doesn't seem to look at Adventureland as an area that needs expanding. Never do you hear a peep about AdvLand when it comes to rides.

The one thing from Shanghai i'd love to see come to the US is their Tomorrowland design though. That would create a blank slate for them to form ideas around while also forming a cohesive theme.

But anyway, Frozen... :lol:

Reactions: Ryan

Honestly nothing takes pressure off of mine train. This is the thing, prior to Mine Train they had Barnstormer that was 36" and BTM that was 40". Barnstormer was always a ride I fast passed because it was always a slow long line for a crappy ride, but until my daughter was 40" it was the only coaster she could go on. Mine Train opened another lower height coaster and was way better than Barnstormer. So now Barnstormer never has a wait and I never fast pass it. Where not Mine Train has a long wait. So I doubt a slow dark ride fixes that issue. Mine train is going to suck for years to come unless they redo Barnstormer and make it a much cooler coaster or add another low height coaster.

Reactions: SkiBum
Honestly nothing takes pressure off of mine train. This is the thing, prior to Mine Train they had Barnstormer that was 36" and BTM that was 40". Barnstormer was always a ride I fast passed because it was always a slow long line for a crappy ride, but until my daughter was 40" it was the only coaster she could go on. Mine Train opened another lower height coaster and was way better than Barnstormer. So now Barnstormer never has a wait and I never fast pass it. Where not Mine Train has a long wait. So I doubt a slow dark ride fixes that issue. Mine train is going to suck for years to come unless they redo Barnstormer and make it a much cooler coaster or add another low height coaster.
If it did the capacity that Mermaid does or better, it would take tons of pressure off. Mermaid gobbles people up and spits em out, much like Mansion (Mansion obviously higher capacity though as it's longer).

If they put a hybrid type of ride in, it could alleviate SDMT waits. A ride that had some thrill component as well as dark ride (ex. a Tomorrowland adventure using powered coaster concepts along with a launched component) would help. To me, each park would benefit from an infusion of a number of rides. In Magic Kingdom, redo Tomorrowland, add a ride to Adventureland, a cool dark ride to Fantasyland and get the crowds spread out through the parks. EPCOT had people-eaters in the past and could do so again. Add boat ride with POTC capacity into the World Showcase for a couple lands and throw in some dark rides into Future World.

Reactions: IzzyB
If it did the capacity that Mermaid does or better, it would take tons of pressure off. Mermaid gobbles people up and spits em out, much like Mansion (Mansion obviously higher capacity though as it's longer).

I just see Mine Train always having lines because it is a coaster (different from dark rides), that is gentle (allowing kids who are scared of coasters like it), and it has a lower height restriction (so more kids can go on it). So it is that thing almost all families want to do and do multiple times. So the demand is higher than the supply for it. I just don't see that demand changing with a dark ride. Peter Pan has slightly lower lines from Mermaid. I could see the demand lowered on Peter Pan with a new awesome dark ride. I think they royally messed up when building Mine Train. They needed to make it a little longer to add another coaster to the track which would raise the capacity. Now the only way out and change that demand is to make a ride that people will want to go on instead of Mine Train. Just like now Barnstormer waits dropped because now people want to go on Mine Train over Barnstormer.

But yes, we should probably move this to NFL and get back on topic.

Reactions: SkiBum
And now they are trying to fix the speed issue instead of doing what they did with mealstrom. That makes sense that there are delays. But it also means they were dumb and didn't talk to any current employees on the ride before deciding to do this. So that means that capacity would be higher on the blue prints?

Here's the notes I have on Maelstrom's capacity and ride timing taken from different sources and such:

Per OG: Maelstrom: "Guest Carried Target: 919" (regardless theorhetical hourly capacity is 1920)
Vehicles: 15 / 16 riders per vehicle

Quote from "mah source" on the matter: "Huh, just found a great page in maelstrom og. 11 max in operation 4:25 trip time 30 second disp interval" (copypasta from a web convo on the matter)

So if Maelstrom worked the way it's supposed to it'd be a much higher capacity attraction.

I've said this before, but I am more annoyed that they didn't gut the ride completely or demolish the building and create a brand new ride/system, then annoyed about Frozen being in World Showcase (which is still annoying).

The way I saw it, Maelstrom was old and needed to be replaced either way. Why Disney thought it was a "good" idea to "retro fit" one of their most successful IPs onto one of their oldest and weakest ride systems is fucking bonkers.