Frozen Ever After | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't figure out the troll thing, like where it is in the ride path or how it plays into a scene. But marshmallow is obviously where you pivot for the final drop.

The Marshmallow scene pic didn't look so bad. Not sure what people are expecting?

Right?

This is what the original scene looked like, no artistry to hide the reality:

10599725_10152331529201227_901275785735515321_n.jpg

These two pics are so very clearly taken with elements yet to be installed and proper show lighting, plus the fact that you'll be slightly more elevated in the flume itself. I can't at all say that I'm "disappointed" in good conscience. The first pic actually looks like, provided the proper elements, could be neat. The second pic is almost nothing aside from the AA, but there are clearly things hidden in the dark there. Do we even have context of when these photos were taken?

BTW: I know it's Jim Hill, but he stated on the latest Disney Dish that the attraction may or may not open in June. The issues seem to be stemming from the hilarious (if true) fact that WDI didn't count on the boats moving too fast thru the attraction and at unpredictable speeds depending on the weight of the passengers the boat is carrying. So the show scenes are being passed too quickly to sell story elements properly. They're apparently working on the timing to make sure that all guests are able to hav relatively the same show.

Again, if that's true then that's some insane incompetence. It's not like this is an untested tech attraction, it's using the same flume that's existed there for nearly 30 years! How could this have not been a major issue seen early on... like when scoping out Maelstrom for feasibility!

Reactions: Clive
These two pics are so very clearly taken with elements yet to be installed and proper show lighting, plus the fact that you'll be slightly more elevated in the flume itself. I can't at all say that I'm "disappointed" in good conscience. The first pic actually looks like, provided the proper elements, could be neat. The second pic is almost nothing aside from the AA, but there are clearly things hidden in the dark there. Do we even have context of when these photos were taken?

BTW: I know it's Jim Hill, but he stated on the latest Disney Dish that the attraction may or may not open in June. The issues seem to be stemming from the hilarious (if true) fact that WDI didn't count on the boats moving too fast thru the attraction and at unpredictable speeds depending on the weight of the passengers the boat is carrying. So the show scenes are being passed too quickly to sell story elements properly. They're apparently working on the timing to make sure that all guests are able to hav relatively the same show.

Again, if that's true then that's some insane incompetence. It's not like this is an untested tech attraction, it's using the same flume that's existed there for nearly 30 years! How could this have not been a major issue seen early on... like when scoping out Maelstrom for feasibility!
@Marni1971 has been saying they are having a tough time getting the boats through the new "S-bend" added in the space of the old load area.

Maelstrom, as designed, is a longer ride. The flume moved the boats faster than expected and a week before opening the design team was splicing out the audio and animatronic command tapes to match the much shorter scene times.

But if you worked in WDI in Glendale and never set foot in Epcot and just read what an old blueprint said the estimated travel and transit time of the ride vehicle based on the weight and water power calculations you wouldn't know that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maelstrom, as designed, is a longer ride. The flume moved the boats faster than expected and a week before opening the design team was splicing out the audio and animatronic command tapes to match the much shorter scene times.

But if you worked in WDI in Glendale and never set foot in Epcot and just read what an old blueprint said the estimated travel and transit time of the ride vehicle based on the weight and water power calculations you wouldn't know that.

And now they are trying to fix the speed issue instead of doing what they did with mealstrom. That makes sense that there are delays. But it also means they were dumb and didn't talk to any current employees on the ride before deciding to do this. So that means that capacity would be higher on the blue prints?

I do think that the looseness of how these leaked photos are being handled is pretty awful, TBH. I guess since the community loathes the idea Disney loses the same kind of respect offered that Universal got with Kong? People were (rightfully) furious about it, but here it's like, "Screw Disney, let's laugh at cell phone photos of an unfinished ride because Frozen sux!"

I respect OU refusing the photos to be posted so I'm definitely not talking about anybody here, but the attitude about it in regards to so many fan sites is so blatantly disrespectful. Good god.

I do think that the looseness of how these leaked photos are being handled is pretty awful, TBH. I guess since the community loathes the idea Disney loses the same kind of respect offered that Universal got with Kong? People were (rightfully) furious about it, but here it's like, "Screw Disney, let's laugh at cell phone photos of an unfinished ride because Frozen sux!"

I respect OU refusing the photos to be posted so I'm definitely not talking about anybody here, but the attitude about it in regards to so many fan sites is so blatantly disrespectful. Good god.

Disney isn't going to sue anyone for leaked photos. Universal has and will sue people for leaked photos. That is really the difference here. Noticed that the Uni leaked photos got taken down long before most people saw them where the Disney leaked photos are still up. Universal contacts the source and gets them pulled down before they spread. Disney has bigger fish to fry like why all their rides are delayed and how to get people to NOT realize they have no new rides.

Also, I think Disney feels any kind of press is good press and Universal holds their cards closer to their chest and THEY want to be in control of all media out there for them.

Reactions: UNIrd and Nick
Disney isn't going to sue anyone for leaked photos. Universal has and will sue people for leaked photos. That is really the difference here. Noticed that the Uni leaked photos got taken down long before most people saw them where the Disney leaked photos are still up. Universal contacts the source and gets them pulled down before they spread. Disney has bigger fish to fry like why all their rides are delayed and how to get people to NOT realize they have no new rides.

Took the words right out of my mouth! :)