Frozen Ever After | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney isn't going to sue anyone for leaked photos. Universal has and will sue people for leaked photos. That is really the difference here. Noticed that the Uni leaked photos got taken down long before most people saw them where the Disney leaked photos are still up. Universal contacts the source and gets them pulled down before they spread. Disney has bigger fish to fry like why all their rides are delayed and how to get people to NOT realize they have no new rides.

Also, I think Disney feels any kind of press is good press and Universal holds their cards closer to their chest and THEY want to be in control of all media out there for them.

It's about the principle of the point. You can't act furious over Kong leaks and then go willy nilly with these. Regardless they are leaked photos of unfinished show pieces that Disney didn't release themselves. Just because Universal acts upon it while Disney doesn't does not make it right.

It's about the principle of the point. You can't act furious over Kong leaks and then go willy nilly with these. Regardless they are leaked photos of unfinished show pieces that Disney didn't release themselves. Just because Universal acts upon it while Disney doesn't does not make it right.

I don't think you get the point. If Uni didn't threaten to sue, the Kong leaked photos would still be out there and treated the same way as these Disney pictures. The websites react the way they do not out of respect, but more because Uni demands respect thru their lawyers.

And this is coming from someone that defends Disney when they deserve to be defended. But in this case I have no issues with how people are handling this information.

I don't think you get the point. If Uni didn't threaten to sue, the Kong leaked photos would still be out there and treated the same way as these Disney pictures. The websites react the way they do not out of respect, but more because Uni demands respect thru their lawyers.

And this is coming from someone that defends Disney when they deserve to be defended. But in this case I have no issues with how people are handling this information.

I don't see it that way. Leaks are leaks, and should be treated as such. I don't mind people talking about them because well, they're out there, what are you going to do? But news sites posting them as "exclusives" and such are gross.

That's why BriMan refused to let them be posted: they're leaks, photos that should not have been released online. Period.

Reactions: rioriz
And honestly, we don't know Disney hasn't dealt with it. The photo-taker likely signed an NDA, so that person could've gotten fired. But Disney isn't going to tire themselves trying to clear the internet of the photos either.

Reactions: IzzyB
Disney is making some curious choices these days! Their motto has become, "If it isn't broke, fix it anyways". :saywhat:
Well Maelstrom DID need a huge refurb, but they easily could've kept Maelstrom and built the Frozen ride on the parking lot behind the new Frozen Sommerhus M&G area if it HAD to go into Epcot. I personally would've liked to see it at DHS (or replace the tents in Circus - basically get rid of circus theme).

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Well Maelstrom DID need a huge refurb, but they easily could've kept Maelstrom and built the Frozen ride on the parking lot behind the new Frozen Sommerhus M&G area if it HAD to go into Epcot. I personally would've liked to see it at DHS (or replace the tents in Circus - basically get rid of circus theme).

In a perfect world, Frozen (and maybe Tangled) replace the Animation Courtyard in DHS

I've seen many attraction photos during construction and these don't look any different. While I agree with Skip the property is wasted being shoehorned into an old attraction layout and ride system, it'll look fine to great. Can't wait till all the Disney fans bend over backwards defending the use of screens in this ride that rivals Gringotts.

Reactions: IzzyB
To me, Maelstrom sucked, it was super short and that was about it. I mean, what could they possibly have done to the ride to make it a game changer?

I've seen many attraction photos during construction and these don't look any different. While I agree with Skip the property is wasted being shoehorned into an old attraction layout and ride system, it'll look fine to great. Can't wait till all the Disney fans bend over backwards defending the use of screens in this ride that rivals Gringotts.

I don't think it will be a bad attraction, but it'll be HILARIOUS for anyone who rode Maelstrom.

Like the Snowball scene alone is "Here's a Maelstrom scene, but instead of a tree creature here's a snow creature"

Frozen and Tangled are perfect for Fantasyland.

I don't disagree, but DHS needs a Fantasyland, cuz Toy Story ain't gonna cut it.

Reactions: Brervixen
I tend to think of fantasyland as being the land for all of the hand-drawn animation. I think DHS could create a unique fantasyland type area based on the CG animated stuff.

That's how I look at it as well. I also think DHS would be a great place to put the Pirates Shanghai ride, which would also allow them to purge Jack from the original.

I know, that'll never happen.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
And honestly, we don't know Disney hasn't dealt with it. The photo-taker likely signed an NDA, so that person could've gotten fired. But Disney isn't going to tire themselves trying to clear the internet of the photos either.

I'm not saying they should, that's totally their perogative. But I still think posting this as news on all the Disney sites and claiming as an "exclusive" is kinda skeezy. I'm not condemning anyone here for talking about it. I just don't think that "Disney don't care" makes it alright to freely act as if this is okay. It's not.

And yeah, this ride is totally shoe-horned but I never really liked Maelstrom so I'm kind of neutral on it. I think the property would've been better served as its own thing. Hilarious that not even Tokyo wants to spend money on the R&D for it anymore.