Frozen Ever After | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was expecting the worst. I'm very, very impressed. Those AAs though. Look how skinny Elsas arms are and they move so fluidly. Doesn't belong in Epcot but I think its great. At least its not SCREENZ. I'm honestly blown away by those AAs. Good job Disney!

/wonders if we watched same YouTube video, realizes it's miketheboss

Can't judge as I'm on my phone and it's a one take YouTube video, but the queue looks pretty good.

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
Disney's biggest issue is they don't trust their IP's enough and wait it out to see how a movie is going to do. In order to rush something out, they created this by shoving it into a already popular ride. I'm am surprised and impressed with what they pulled off but it really falls flat at the end. They knew they were making a Frozen 2 for a while now. They should have waited and designed a ride from the ground up to open right around the same time as Frozen 2. Sure nobody was expecting Frozen to take off like it did, but they still waited around for quite some time before they announced the ride.

As far as what else they can add to Epcot, I would LOVE for them to add the Ratatouille ride to France! It fits the location perfectly and is far enough away from Norway to draw crowds over. Disney has created three amazing trackless rides overseas but they don't seem to want to bring them over to the States. If Frozen continues to draw the crowds, they are going to need something and building an already designed ride is a lot easier and faster than starting from scratch.

Reactions: PINK
Honest question... with the projection face animatronics, what happens when they go 101? Do they just go blank or any chance of Elsa having a blue screen of death face to give kids nightmares?

upload_2016-6-21_15-18-7.png

Reactions: Ryno27 and Joel
World Showcase has so much potential. What would you propose?
I would suggest:

New countries
  1. Greece (Greek mythology boat ride - intensity and scale of PotC with the heart of Sinbad)
  2. Egypt (E-ticket log flume along Nile River and into Great Pyramids)
Current countries
  1. Italy (B-ticket gondolas)
  2. France (Ratatouille clone, Impressions de France updated)
  3. United Kingdom (theatre show)
  4. Canada (O Canada! updated, D-ticket Niagra Falls rapids ride)
  5. China (suspended Chinese New Year coaster, Reflections of China updated)
  6. Mexico (remaining Three Caballeros AAs added to Gran Fiesta Tour)
  7. Germany (D-ticket Rhine River Cruise)
  8. Japan (Catbus family dark ride, Mt. Fuji simulator)
That's how much potential World Showcase has compared to how it's actually used :lol:

Honest question... with the projection face animatronics, what happens when they go 101? Do they just go blank or any chance of Elsa having a blue screen of death face to give kids nightmares?

View attachment 2376

I remember hearing about this happening on Seven Dwarfs since it uses the same face projections but I am not sure what guests saw. I would hope that it defaults to a blank stare with no motion inside of just a black or blue screen.

Basing it on YouTube: the queue is gorgeous and fun, I don't care how much anybody loved Maelstrom if you say that the prior queue was better you need to have a nice sitdown and consider just how rose-colored your glasses are. The ride is nonsensical but is surprisingly well-designed from a pure artistry point-of-view. There's a consistent blue/purple-ish color scheme throughout, the AAs are wonderfully fluid and dynamic (although I echo @BriMan's sentiments on the faces possibly not translating well to video) and it's an improvement over the even more schizophrenic Maelstrom.

Does it not belong in Epcot? Should it be in Fantasyland? Should it not be a boat ride and something with better capacity? Should it be longer? Well, yes to all of that but it's here and let's all deal with that. I think the "new" Norway pavilion is at least very lovely and the ride is cute.

I will say that last scene with Elsa and Anna holding hands and Olaf singing about them in lieu of "In Summer" is kinda weird.

According to the Magic thread on Frozen, the ride has gone down twice for long periods of time. It appears downtime so far has exceeded the running time. They're speculating that the Olaf AA is failing, but nothing official yet.

Reactions: Ryno27
If they shoehorned the biggest animated film of all-time into one of two existing rides in World Showcase, I would think there's no hope for anything else to get built from scratch.
My counter to that is if lines continue to be extremely long, they may be forced to build something to relieve crowds.

Reactions: TJwny and IzzyB