Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got official confirmation that Dragon challenge IS closing this fall, and will be part of an expansion over The Lost Continent. It will be opening the same year as Nintendo to try and stomp out all the Star Wars hype. And YES it will be replaced by a coaster. And believe it or not....it's a hyper coaster.
There go my hopes it would be a multi-launch themed coaster. I hope you are wrong.

Just got official confirmation that Dragon challenge IS closing this fall, and will be part of an expansion over The Lost Continent. It will be opening the same year as Nintendo to try and stomp out all the Star Wars hype. And YES it will be replaced by a coaster. And believe it or not....it's a hyper coaster.

Dippin Dots themed?

I'm getting House of Horrors = Transformers vibes

Although, I would love to see a highly themed Hyper..Perhaps they could pull the original plans for HRRR

Reactions: DK745
I'm getting House of Horrors = Transformers vibes

Although, I would love to see a highly themed Hyper..Perhaps they could pull the original plans for HRRR
Ironically I knew the lead construction manager on that also. I knew it was transformers before they started demolition on the SS. I wasn't on these forums tho then lol.

B&M Hyper coaster is one of the most slam dunk guarantees of quality of almost any attraction to build. That being said taking out two solid coasters to build one of these at a park of increasingly limited space when another nearby park just built one would be weird unless I am are missing something.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Don't see JK placing a hyper coaster in Hogsmeade.

I thought the same thing. My friend works for a construction company in Orlando and that's what they were just handed a contract for. I would much prefer a themed launch coaster tbh.

If, IF, this is true, it doesn't mean the ride will be "in" the Wizarding World. Could be in Lost Continent.

If, IF, this is true, it doesn't mean the ride will be "in" the Wizarding World. Could be in Lost Continent.

That would open a whole other can of worms. That would about have to mean a LC retheme. Is there anything credible that would fit for theming a hyper?

Replacing two coasters with one coaster? That seems unnecessary. If they're getting rid of it (which they should with the poor locker situation and metal detectors) it should at least be replaced with another type of ride entirely.

Replacing two coasters with one coaster? That seems unnecessary. If they're getting rid of it (which they should with the poor locker situation and metal detectors) it should at least be replaced with another type of ride entirely.

If it's a B&M Hyper, and if it's the once canceled Osaka attraction; It may be more extensive than some may think.

Status
Not open for further replies.