Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to me has always been the main attraction being a dark ride indoor coaster. I can live with any manufacturer as long as it's good quality. I have faith in Universal putting together an entertaining attraction.:)...

The thought of Ears Inc. And Uni putting in bike coasters at the same time is intriguing. They'll be plenty of "who won" going on.

All good. I was gonna do the "rolls eyes" emoji, but that'd come off too mean haha

EDIT: Also, I'm hoping this isn't a screen ride, FWIW. But I'll take anything that's an upgrade over Dragons

Any ride being replaced will be better than that last attarction of course. The real mindset should be that every new attarction being built should be better than any attraction built. New rides being made means better technology, upgraded materials, and fresh minds available. This meaning that yeah, a better attraction than DC is easy to attain, but it shouldn't be thought of as a replacement, it should be thought of as a new attarction on its own. An excuse to make a mediocre ride would be the excuse of making a better ride than Dragon Challenge.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Love the idea of fighting with Aragog along a backwards tilted track.
Also it's think it's fine that the main actors don't star this ride because FJ already starts them in it. It'd be a better idea to include other not as focused on characters as other here have mentioned.

Edit: the first video just has a lot of cool ideas I spotted.

Last edited:
I know Intamin has built a wing coaster before (at PortAventura, not Skyrush), but I take that guests would also climb on the bike as well. That's a fascinating concept in regards to capacity, since this is two different restraint systems. More power to Universal, but if only they could yknow, start doing it.

I know Intamin has built a wing coaster before (at PortAventura, not Skyrush), but I take that guests would also climb on the bike as well. That's a fascinating concept in regards to capacity, since this is two different restraint systems. More power to Universal, but if only they could yknow, start doing it.

That is one of the roughest rides I've been on, it's really not aged well! There's probably a reason why no one else has bought one.

I actually really like this idea. It's probably the best one I've heard for this space.

And the sidecar could allow folks who would otherwise be restricted by the bike restraints.

That is one of the roughest rides I've been on, it's really not aged well! There's probably a reason why no one else has bought one.
I was just about to say that!! It's as rough as the NY NY Coaster in Vegas, and The Scorpion at BGT

Step 1:
Remove Dragon Challenge but put it in Storage

Step 2:
Gain rights to Game of Thrones for theme park use

Step3:
Build Game of Thrones land in new 4th gate with 3 to 4 rides around a sea. The forced perspective opportunities are incredible.

Step 4:
Have B&M build a third track to compliment the other two. (Or just build a new coaster with three tracks) for a ride bases on Daenerys' dragons. Station and queue would be Dragonstone. Ride would include props as targets for the Dragons to attack complete with them getting roasted via pyro.

Another ride would be a large scale Mack splash battle with ships that had a capacity of 20 to 24 for a sea battle with Kings Lang in being a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.