Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^He's right.

As much of a wet dream as it may be for some of you, Mack launch coasters are not the future of Orlando theme parks. Gotta think bigger and grander than that.

I know Universal wouldn't put it in the park was more of a joke and very much so a wet dream for some of us. Will say this though have seen some coasters that Mack has done around the world and they definitely do make some nice rides. So are we still guessing DC will close Labor Day or still no clue? Also out of curiosity any guesses as to what height requirement they might be shooting for? Somewhat the same as Gringotts possibly or more Forbidden Journey/ Mummy?

As much of a wet dream as it may be for some of you, Mack launch coasters are not the future of Orlando theme parks. Gotta think bigger and grander than that.

:saywhat:

os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427

In the context of the discussion around IOA & Epcot. Besides, Slinky coaster isn't going to be anything like Blue Fire or Helix if that's what you're insinuating. It's a children's ride.

So by that, what would stop Universal purchasing something between the two thrill levels?

Whilst I don't think they will go for something like this, I'd say it's pretty soon to rule anything out entirely...

In the context of the discussion around IOA & Epcot. Besides, Slinky coaster isn't going to be anything like Blue Fire or Helix if that's what you're insinuating. It's a children's ride.
Sorry, I agree it should be a inventive moderate coaster with show elements- like the SFX and Mack inverted. And I knew what you meant and agree.
Just couldn't help myself when you said a Mack launch isn't the future in Orlando when there's not just any launch coaster currently being built, but a Mack double launch coaster. :p

I didn't mean literally a wet dream

So by that, what would stop Universal purchasing something between the two thrill levels?
Whilst I don't think they will go for something like this, I'd say it's pretty soon to rule anything out entirely...

Their desire for themed rides attracting an audience that will wanna ride the other HP rides, I highly doubt the DC replacement will have any inversions unfortunately. I would be pleasantly surprised if it did but don't think it will to try and keep the height requirement down. Will keep my joke suggestions of Mack coaster replacements to a minimum too and stay on topic even though that Helix ride was awesome and really used the landscape well.

I didn't mean literally a wet dream

Their desire for themed rides attracting an audience that will wanna ride the other HP rides, I highly doubt the DC replacement will have any inversions unfortunately. I would be pleasantly surprised if it did but don't think it will to try and keep the height requirement down. Will keep my joke suggestions of Mack coaster replacements to a minimum too and stay on topic even though that Helix ride was awesome and really used the landscape well.

Don't worry, I'm sure most of us aren't expecting anything along those lines haha. Who knows though, maybe one day we will see something... just not today :)

Don't worry, I'm sure most of us aren't expecting anything along those lines haha. Who knows though, maybe one day we will see something... just not today :)

I am having my doubts it is obvious Universal are after the non thrill seeker family audience like others have said to fill hotels. Even after Nintendo opens that will attract a much broader audience who don't like Harry Potter but will come just for Nintendo depending on the layout. I don't see Universal switching gears and pursuing any rides where you experience more than 2G's for a while, the new prices at the hotels are through the roof now compared to years ago and they need to fill them.

*rubs temples*

Calling that a family thrill ride with broad appeal is just incorrect - if not downright delusional.

Less than 30% of the park population is going to be willing or able to ride that sort of attraction.

Less than 30%???? Really... Id wager at least 50-60% would ride it.

Status
Not open for further replies.