Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, but I see something like that at USF where the Minions are. I can’t imagine there aren’t bigger plans eventually for Toon Lagoon, so for me, Sing On Tour is an easy addition without crazy amount of prep.

Also, IOA needs a show. It’s the single thing it’s lacking

I mean, they'd be able to add a mini land and still save the rest of Toon Lagoon for an expansion to the park later on.

Also, it appears that Sing on Tour has a completely different building over at USJ. It's a rectangle. I wonder if that's for cosmetic reasons or is there something that forces the building to take that shape.

I mean, they'd be able to add a mini land and still save the rest of Toon Lagoon for an expansion to the park later on.

Also, it appears that Sing on Tour has a completely different building over at USJ. It's a rectangle. I wonder if that's for cosmetic reasons or is there something that forces the building to take that shape.
True but if you’re epcaidng toon lagoon WITH the Ampitheatre space, you have even that to work with. Sing on Tour doesn’t seem to be a “large” show, so I’m not even sure the Ampitheatre is practical, but I feel they could make it work.

True, but do they really need it though? Toon Lagoon is massive. You can fit two e-tickets (maybe a d-ticket too depending on how big the rides are) and an entire Hogmeade-like town area without touching the amphitheater.
Depends on what replaces it. If it were ever LOTR or Zelda, I think it would need that space and use it frankly.

Depends on what replaces it. If it were ever LOTR or Zelda, I think it would need that space and use it frankly.

Ehh, not really? I mean, Toon Lagoon without the amphitheater is over ten acres. The entirety of Hogsmeade plus Forbidden Journey is a little over six acres. Forbidden Journey on its own is only 2.5 acres, and that's a massive showbuilding. Hogsmeade (including Hippogriff) is 3 acres. I'm not counting Hagrid because that area is the size of a whole land on its own (over five acres). Even going outside of IOA, Rise of the Resistance is 2.5 acres, Runaway Railway is 2.5 acres, Everest is under five acres (and we all know how massive that is), Dinosaur is under 3 acres, MiB is 2.5, and Gringotts is only 2.25. Diagon Alley proper is only 3 acres.

If you include the amphitheater, that's over 12 acres of land. Zelda doesn't need that much space. Lost Continent is perfect for it. LOTR maybe, but not really, and then there's the question of why it would go here instead of Epic Universe.

I'd rather have them split it in two, one land a Illumination mini-land consisting of a flat ride, a very small d-ticket, and a show, and then a major land with two e-tickets later on. Adds more variety and less of a wait.

Ehh, not really? I mean, Toon Lagoon without the amphitheater is over ten acres. The entirety of Hogsmeade plus Forbidden Journey is a little over six acres. Forbidden Journey on its own is only 2.5 acres, and that's a massive showbuilding. Hogsmeade (including Hippogriff) is 3 acres. I'm not counting Hagrid because that area is the size of a whole land on its own (over five acres). Even going outside of IOA, Rise of the Resistance is 2.5 acres, Runaway Railway is 2.5 acres, Everest is under five acres (and we all know how massive that is), Dinosaur is under 3 acres, MiB is 2.5, and Gringotts is only 2.25. Diagon Alley proper is only 3 acres.

If you include the amphitheater, that's over 12 acres of land. Zelda doesn't need that much space. Lost Continent is perfect for it. LOTR maybe, but not really, and then there's the question of why it would go here instead of Epic Universe.

I'd rather have them split it in two, one land a Illumination mini-land consisting of a flat ride, a very small d-ticket, and a show, and then a major land with two e-tickets later on. Adds more variety and less of a wait.
I guess thats fair, idk, its a prime spot of real estate if they got a big IP they could use. Id live Rivendell to be 12 acres at least lol. I see your point though. But for the "why not EU?" well, they still have these 2 parks. Gotta get your crowds over to the new one but can't forget about these. Once USF receives some love LC or TL I think are going to be change. But this is far down the line.

I guess thats fair, idk, its a prime spot of real estate if they got a big IP they could use. Id live Rivendell to be 12 acres at least lol. I see your point though. But for the "why not EU?" well, they still have these 2 parks. Gotta get your crowds over to the new one but can't forget about these. Once USF receives some love LC or TL I think are going to be change. But this is far down the line.

True. There's always these rumors that Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent will get replaced, but nothing ever comes out of it. The Kidzone curse is spreading ;)

Hopefully something comes sooner rather than later.

True. There's always these rumors that Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent will get replaced, but nothing ever comes out of it. The Kidzone curse is spreading ;)

Hopefully something comes sooner rather than later.
I think its just because they're likely the 2 least popular areas of IOA? Other than that idk why they need a replacement anytime soon, although its inevitable. But Popeye's is getting a movie soon I think, so Toon Lagoon isn't outdated yet. Lost Continent I feel is getting closer cause of Sinbad's closure but as others have said, may just be due to low attendance. So idk, I think thats why they're rumored. Frankly kidzone is FAR more dire than TL or LC. Id be fine if they didn't touch either area for the foreseeable future, but thats why an addition like Sing! is needed to add to that variety.

I think its just because they're likely the 2 least popular areas of IOA?

Toon Lagoon is far from unpopular. Its attractions are pretty highly rated. It's just unpopular in the enthusiast community due to its lackluster theming through its main stretch.

I think Lost Continent is replaced way before TL is.

Toon Lagoon is far from unpopular. Its attractions are pretty highly rated. It's just unpopular in the enthusiast community due to its lackluster theming through its main stretch.

I think Lost Continent is replaced way before TL is.
Ya I was more just speculating they're 2 of the least popular, I personally adore both (and am in minority that wished Sinbad wasn't gone), but I totally agree. Sinbad closing makes me think LC is first to be replaced. Besides, other than Potter the right side of the park hasn't gotten much love.

I just hope whenever they replace LC they can keep Mythos as its own standalone type restaurant for the park.

Sing at USJ took over their Horror Make Up show. UO Entertainment could easily make their own version for the TL theater

Reactions: Magic-Man
The abandoned amphitheater doesn't help its reputation, that's for sure. That's the main problem with the land right now.
Meh. it is what it is. I've literally never been inside that theater, and it doesn't bother me all that much. I'd rather it be filled with a show, but seeing as it's been empty for 90% of its life it just doesn't bother me all that much, personally.

Meh. it is what it is. I've literally never been inside that theater, and it doesn't bother me all that much. I'd rather it be filled with a show, but seeing as it's been empty for 90% of its life it just doesn't bother me all that much, personally.

Out of curiosity, why hasn't it been filled with a show? What happened to the old one?

I would have moved Hippogriff from Hogsmeade to the amphitheater during Hagrid construction and re-theme it, leaving space for a viewing area for nighttime shows at Hogwarts. (And maybe have longer shows to be a "true" nighttime show)

The original wasn't any good or popular. Then they had a random BMX stunt show in there seasonally for a while. Guessing they havent seen any benefit to putting anything new in there

Huh. Universal does seem to be focusing more on entertainment options now (Bourne, the lagoon show, Sing On Tour, USJ's mega parade, Dreamworks Theatre, the walk around dinosaurs at USH's Jurassic Park). If there's any time for Universal to put a new show into the amphitheater, it would be now.

Huh. Universal does seem to be focusing more on entertainment options now (Bourne, the lagoon show, Sing On Tour, USJ's mega parade, Dreamworks Theatre, the walk around dinosaurs at USH's Jurassic Park). If there's any time for Universal to put a new show into the amphitheater, it would be now.
Would give anything to see them put Waterworld there... there's space and it's a popular show. Otherwise, turn it into the shire or something LOR related. Only time will tell. Wouldn't expect anything to change in that area for a decade.

Reactions: shiekra38 and Jwhee
Would give anything to see them put Waterworld there... there's space and it's a popular show. Otherwise, turn it into the shire or something LOR related. Only time will tell. Wouldn't expect anything to change in that area for a decade.
Ive always dreamt of a mini Waterworld area there myself. One of those things where it just makes too much sense to me almost.

Reactions: TheWalkingDad