Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally I do not want Toon Lagoon to go. I'd be fine with the theater area being repurposed, but overall I am a fan of the land

Yeah, there's plenty of room around the theater for a mini-land of its own. Toon Lagoon doesn't need to go unless they get a mega-IP (or Pokemon). Besides, Lost Continent needs to go before anything else does (minus the theater).

Really, in the short term, make the Ampitheatre Sing Live. I cannot imagine it is too difficult to add next year or in 2022/2023 for a short term addition. Make all the games there Illumination themed and have meet n greets after the show. IOA needs a show and this fits just perfectly

Reactions: Cheezbat
If they want to replace a licensed property with an internal property, the Toon Lagoon attractions would be prime candidates.

(The video Alicia did about Cartoon World got me thinking about this...they were going to do a park based completely on licensed properties. As it is, it's interesting how much of Universal is licensed properties.)

They honestly have so many Dreamworks and Illuminations properties that could work

I've always been on the side of Kung Fu Panda at IOA to take over TL

Toon Lagoon is the only land in the parks where I don’t stop and do anything. The long strip of shops and eateries have never interested me and the rides just get you too wet. You come out of it feeling like you went swimming with your clothes on (At least on Dudley’s. That ride has scared me off of trying Popeye). The only way to enjoy the rest of your day is to bring a change of clothes and pay to put them in a locker. No ride should require that level of effort and planning, imo. It’s a real shame because the final drop is stellar, but the rest is clunky, uncomfortable, and the execution is just not up to par with the rest of the park. Id be glad to see it go, tbh.

Toon Lagoon is the only land in the parks where I don’t stop and do anything. The long strip of shops and eateries have never interested me and the rides just get you too wet. You come out of it feeling like you went swimming with your clothes on (At least on Dudley’s. That ride has scared me off of trying Popeye). The only way to enjoy the rest of your day is to bring a change of clothes and pay to put them in a locker. No ride should require that level of effort and planning, imo. It’s a real shame because the final drop is stellar, but the rest is clunky, uncomfortable, and the execution is just not up to par with the rest of the park. Id be glad to see it go, tbh.
I actually like these rides a bunch, but, I’m kinda with you. At this point I’m down to see something else come of it. Typically if I’m doing those rides I just bring a towel and change of shirt, but you’re right it’s sorta a pre-planning type deal.

Just one IP to throw out that hasn’t gotten thrown out nor do I expect it.... Wizard of Oz? Could finally get that Wicked show...an E ticket family dark ride in the Emerald City would be super cool to see. Unless Wicked destroys the box office when the movie hits I don’t see it bur, figured it was worth mentioning

I actually like these rides a bunch, but, I’m kinda with you. At this point I’m down to see something else come of it. Typically if I’m doing those rides I just bring a towel and change of shirt, but you’re right it’s sorta a pre-planning type deal.

Just one IP to throw out that hasn’t gotten thrown out nor do I expect it.... Wizard of Oz? Could finally get that Wicked show...an E ticket family dark ride in the Emerald City would be super cool to see. Unless Wicked destroys the box office when the movie hits I don’t see it bur, figured it was worth mentioning
So long as it's not Judy Garland's Oz. As Disney found out the people who own the rights are very, very particular about how it's used...

When I go in the summer (the only time for those rides, really) I wear light shirts and pants that dry fairly quickly. When its 99 degrees outside those rides are a godsend... unfortunately everyone else generally wants to get wet at that point too. (BTW, Popeye's can be waaaaay wetter if you're the poor unfortunate going down backwards from the lift....)

So long as it's not Judy Garland's Oz. As Disney found out the people who own the rights are very, very particular about how it's used...
Well Idk the background to this at all, but I’d bet we would have all said the same about the Seuss family, or Harry Potter, or Nintendo.

Same way here. I even hesitate at riding JPRA since it soaked me to the bone one time. Toon Lagoon has always felt unfinished. Two rides, both water rides, and then nothing else. Of course, I feel the same about Lost Continent. Great theming and feel for a land but nothing backing it up. IoA should probably add to or recreate what is happening in those lands. For Toon, I would prefer something that stays lighthearted and fun.

Reactions: Andysol
Y'all need to step off my water rides. They're consistently the best rides at any park and I will fight for this opinion forever.

Popeye is the superior water ride in any theme park with a great ride and theme. Dudley's has a great ride system/layout, but outside of the facade it lacks great theming.

Toon Lagoon's headache has always been its food offerings and IPs that are not as well known. You can keep Popeye, but I would like for them to get creative by adding more DreamWorks or Illumination. I would keep Dudley's ride system and replace the theme only.

I may be in the minority but I think if any new property, be it replacing or filling a dead space should also follow the original intent of the park, deriving from literature?

Also those water rides are ESSENTIAL in the fla heat! I think it was genius to have all three near each other so you can knock them out and move on. A lot out of towners aren't use to the fla heat. I think it would be bad for business to get rid of any of the water rides.

I know everyone wants Spongebob here (or in the parks in general), but what about Avatar: The Last Airbender? It's still relevant (the original series and the sequel series are still popular, and they're remaking the original series on Netflix), critically acclaimed, and there's plenty of source material to draw from. Could make for a great land.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I know everyone wants Spongebob here (or in the parks in general), but what about Avatar: The Last Airbender? It's still relevant (the original series and the sequel series are still popular, and they're remaking the original series on Netflix), critically acclaimed, and there's plenty of source material to draw from. Could make for a great land.

If the IP you are suggesting will lead the GP to think its another IP at another park because most of them have never heard of your IP, it's not right for a theme park land.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Also those water rides are ESSENTIAL in the fla heat! I think it was genius to have all three near each other so you can knock them out and move on. A lot out of towners aren't use to the fla heat. I think it would be bad for business to get rid of any of the water rides.
Amen!

What many people that don’t live here don’t realize, is that Florida is HOT normally 8 or 9 months out of the year. Those rides are absolutely necessary. I’m still floored that Studios doesn’t have a water ride. It really could use one. Glad to see Epic Universe is getting one.

So many people crapping on Toon Lagoon when Lost Continent is sitting on the other side of the park with nothing but a fancy restaurant and a walk through!

Y'all need to step off my water rides. They're consistently the best rides at any park and I will fight for this opinion forever.

I love water rides! I’m a huge flume fan. Splash mountain and Jurassic Park are must dos for me.

But getting water park levels of wet at a theme park is so unenjoyable to me.

Also my most uncomfortable ride vehicles, ranked are:

1) Skyrush (ThighCrush) restraints
2) Dudley “lock your knees and slide” logs
3) B&M stand-up coasters that lock into a different notch halfway up the lift.

And on top of that, I just think Dudley’s drops are actually pretty clunky, despite the last one being super smooth. I’ve tried so hard to like this ride, but it would just take being rebuilt from the ground up for that to happen :shrug:

That's one of my most wanted lands. Some Northern Air Temple flat ride contraptions, a relaxing water ride with Iroh, an exciting trackless dark ride (ride vehicle moved by Metalbenders), and various interactive bending elements throughout the land ala Harry Potter.

Restaurant could be Iroh's Tea Palace with different cuisines representing the four nations and fusion cuisine representing the balance between the elements. Shop could be Piandao's Den of Antiquities, similar in function to Dok Ondar's, with artifacts and trinkets collected from across the world by the White Lotus.

Maybe it could happen after the Netflix series once the live-action aesthetic is solidified. Preferably, place it in EU so UC isn't overly burdened by space constraints.

EDIT: In short, yes I want it.