Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated the other day, food was very good. I also found the prices very reasonable for theme park food.

After talking with the manager I found out some unfortunate news. It's very possible that after New Years day Cafe La Bamba may no longer be open for lunch or dinner. Instead, it would once again only be open for the character breakfast.

CafeLaBamba-003.jpg

CafeLaBamba-002.jpg

CafeLaBamba-004.jpg

CafeLaBamba-001.jpg

CafeLaBamba-008.jpg

CafeLaBamba-009.jpg

A few shots of the interior . . .

CafeLaBamba-010.jpg

CafeLaBamba-007.jpg

CafeLaBamba-006.jpg

CafeLaBamba-005.jpg

I'm sure it will be pressed into service during mardigras untill they finnish all of their projects... it gets too busy to NOT have an extra restaurant open during those nights.

I'm sure it will be pressed into service during mardigras untill they finnish all of their projects... it gets too busy to NOT have an extra restaurant open during those nights.

Especially if the do not have the food tents. They did not have them for the Holidays :fist: but did for HHNs. Go figure. The manager was not sure about Mardi Gras but was almost positive that it would close at least temporarily after January 1st.

So it's a pop-up restaurant? :lol: That's too bad. I liked the menu. Maybe they're testing some of these items for one of the Simpsons eateries.

USF should make this permanent, but I still suggest Universal teams up with AMC again to make Los Pollos Hermanos from Breaking Bad. You have the Mexican food plus the chicken everyone wants. It's a win-win.

I agree with Disneyhead, though I probably wouldn't eat there despite how nice it looks. Not a huge fan of that type of food. But any crowd eater is a good one once the Potter crowds are back.

Gah! I wish they would keep this open for lunch! I ate there for the first time the other day and it was fantastic. Had a burrito with the side of chips and salsa. Mmmm mmmm good :thumbs:

I would love it to become permanent, but if there will be some downtime for it, they should definitely refurb the tiles outside of the restaurant. Horribly maintained, dirty and just bad show honestly.

This restaurant is beautiful. Hopefully it will be open for a while.

Shame that there is no veggie options.

USF dosen't really have vegetarian options, only Louie's and Finnegan's. Assuming the menu stays the same, Starbot Cafe will have no veggie options, and The Simpsons restaurants probably won't have them either. I'm not a vegetarian/vegan, but this is your typical theme park food fare.

Last edited:
seconded. its such an easy place to make vegetarian as well.

For sure! It looks like such a pretty place to eat too. I don't see how hard it would be to add a few vegan/vegetarian options to the menu. And not some salad, because that is not a meal.

- - - Updated - - -

USF dosen't really have vegetarian options, only Louie's and Finnegan's. Assuming the menu stays the same, Starbot Cafe will have no veggie options, and The Simpsons restaurants probably won't have them either. I'm not a vegetarian/vegan, but this is your typical theme park food fare.

Lombard's has a few options. I ate there in November and got this really good ravioli that could be prepared vegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.