General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2021 will be The Best Year EVER! For "Theme Parks" across the board.

UBR
SNW@USJ
SLoP+JW:TR (Final Chapter)@USH
AC w/WebSlingers@DCA@DLR
JW:V@IOA@UOR
Rat Ride@EPCOT@WDWR
IG@BGT
IB@SWO
Pantheon@BGW

And a bunch more I'm forgetting.

...I'm upset with myself that I can comprehend this absolute mess of symbols and letters, and yet I can't remember my own little brother's cell phone number... :lol: :'(

...I'm upset with myself that I can comprehend this absolute mess of symbols and letters, and yet I can't remember my own little brother's cell phone number... :lol: :'(
UBR - Universal Beijing Resort
SNW@USJ - Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan
SLoP+JW:TR (Final Chapter)@USH - Secret Life of Pets + Jurassic World: The Ride (Final Chapter) at Universal Studios Hollywood
AC w/WebSlingers@DCA@DLR - Avengers Campus with WebSlingers at Disney California Adventure at Disneyland Resort
JW:V@IOA@UOR - Jurassic World: Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort
Rat Ride@EPCOT@WDWR - Ratatouille at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort
IG@BGT - Iron Gwazi at Bush Gardens Tampa
IB@SWO - Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando
Pantheon@BGW - Um.... Pantheon... at Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Reactions: Ryn027
UBR - Universal Beijing Resort
SNW@USJ - Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan
SLoP+JW:TR (Final Chapter)@USH - Secret Life of Pets + Jurassic World: The Ride (Final Chapter) at Universal Studios Hollywood
AC w/WebSlingers@DCA@DLR - Avengers Campus with WebSlingers at Disney California Adventure at Disneyland Resort
JW:V@IOA@UOR - Jurassic World: Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort
Rat Ride@EPCOT@WDWR - Ratatouille at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort
IG@BGT - Iron Gwazi at Bush Gardens Tampa
IB@SWO - Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando
Pantheon@BGW - Um.... Pantheon... at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
I love how people just refer to Ratatouille as Rat Ride. I'm also all for giving this new version of Jurassic World a video game-ass name like Jurassic World: Final Chapter Remix (featuring Indominus Rex from the Jurassic World franchise).

Universal seems to have the better line-up all-around though. Despite the pandemic, there will (hopefully) be lots of new Universal stuff popping off this spring.

EDIT: Also I feel like I should add:
Complete 30th HHN
Frozen at Hong Kong Disney
Space 220
Tokyo DisneySea's new nightime show (possible sleeper hit)
And maybe Universal announces Cowfish goes West....as a treat.

Last edited:
So I know this is from @Alicia 's QRT of the under construction ride at Beijing,

but I can't help but wonder if the full USH animatronic has a similar design. Makes me curious, considering the layout of Hollywood's finale. The tail not being there makes sense, since in Hollywood, the back half of the animatronic is likely being covered by foliage as well.

Last edited:
So I know this is from @Alicia 's QRT of the under construction ride at Beijing,

but I can't help but wonder if the full USH animatronic has a similar design. Makes me curious, considering the layout of Hollywood's finale. The tail not being there makes sense, since in Hollywood, the back half of the animatronic is likely being covered by foliage as well.

Yes, from what we’ve seen, it looks to be the same animatronic. I’m sure it’s cheaper to fabricate two of the same animatronic anyways, so that’s probably the case. It would be much more expensive to design two different figures, and the form of this I-Rex is the same as Hollywood’s. Then again, we’ve only seen grainy footage from an anonymous source we cannot provide, so the two figures may be slightly different. It’s a bit difficult to tell at the moment.

Yes, from what we’ve seen, it looks to be the same animatronic. I’m sure it’s cheaper to fabricate two of the same animatronic anyways, so that’s probably the case. It would be much more expensive to design two different figures, and the form of this I-Rex is the same as Hollywood’s. Then again, we’ve only seen grainy footage from an anonymous source we cannot provide, so the two figures may be slightly different. It’s a bit difficult to tell at the moment.
It could also just be the same skin from the same mold, but with less complex motor function underneath. No way to know until we see it moving.

It could also just be the same skin from the same mold, but with less complex motor function underneath. No way to know until we see it moving.
Exactly. It just looks similar at first glance. Also, here’s something interesting... Garner Holt Productions, made a post on their Instagram stating they were shipping out “state of the art electrical” animatronic figures to “an upcoming theme park in Beijing.” Of course we all know what that is, so that poses the question whether they’re the ones behind the JW AAs or possibly the Kung Fu Panda AAs. Just something I thought I’d mention for the heck of it.

here’s the post:

I don't get it.....so they were making this ride and we could have had brand new AA's on our ride but only got one of them? I hate to complain but I think everyone would have rather them not waste the money on the fake fish tank and given us some of these AA's to look at in the first area and replaced the other older AA's with what we are seeing in China. I really have no idea why they didn't just use the same ones on both rides. Could have really taken JW to the next level

If you can always go Physical effects...its like how Jurassic Park might be older but the Dinosaurs in that feel more real than the new films or Peter Jackson's King Kong

I don't get it.....so they were making this ride and we could have had brand new AA's on our ride but only got one of them? I hate to complain but I think everyone would have rather them not waste the money on the fake fish tank and given us some of these AA's to look at in the first area and replaced the other older AA's with what we are seeing in China. I really have no idea why they didn't just use the same ones on both rides. Could have really taken JW to the next level

If you can always go Physical effects...its like how Jurassic Park might be older but the Dinosaurs in that feel more real than the new films or Peter Jackson's King Kong

The CGI of the first TREX attack still gets me every time. Breaking through the fencing and walking across the vehicles. It looks soo good. Especially then considering how ahead of its time it was!

What about Blue? Also I believe all the spitters were upgraded with new mechanics.

Reactions: alias8703
What about Blue? Also I believe all the spitters were upgraded with new mechanics.
They did upgrade parts but this ride in China feels Fresh, its Dinosaurs we did not see on the Original ride and my question is if you are going to make them once it can't cost that much to make them again and make our JW feel like a new E ticket. I think what they did is great but seeing this it shows what could have been and Universal has these weird movements where they go cheap.

Nintendoland, Springfield, and all the Harry Potterlands show they can go beyond what we expect from them and think JW is great but could have had a lot more work done on it...I guess the lines are what matters to them so they don't have to go beyond but it just sucks seeing what could have been and really can be. They have another 6 plus months before they have to open and would not mind the ride getting some of these AA over what we have now.

The few images we’re seeing of dino AAs from Beijing are likely ALL of them. Keep in mind that Jurassic World Adventure is likely going to be more screens than tangible. That finale looks great, but it’s only one part of a larger ride.

if y’all are complaining about mosasaur screens in Hollywood, you’re probably not gonna like the first half of the ride in Beijing.

The few images we’re seeing of dino AAs from Beijing are likely ALL of them. Keep in mind that Jurassic World Adventure is likely going to be more screens than tangible. That finale looks great, but it’s only one part of a larger ride.

if y’all are complaining about mosasaur screens in Hollywood, you’re probably not gonna like the first half of the ride in Beijing.
I think a Spider-Man like ride with a heavy practical and AA heavy finale is a great next step or evolution for the Spidey ride system imo

The Mosasaur scene is fantastic

I'm sure this has been answered, but will 3D glasses be required?