General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The new finale AA in Hollywood is jaw-dropping. The thing literally walks towards the RV.
It’s amazing... from the footage I’ve seen, yes, it does walk out of some bushes, looks around a bit, and basically does the same thing B mode did where it nods its head while roaring at the T-Rex, except WAYYY closer to her. Also, the thing stands tall, which to us is the most impressive part of it all. It’s claws are massive, and move around a bit too. Other than that, I can’t say too much, because the video clips I saw were a bit short, and the video quality itself was grainy. Again, we can’t release this footage because first off, we don’t have it anymore, and second off it’s confidential for obvious reasons.

The few images we’re seeing of dino AAs from Beijing are likely ALL of them. Keep in mind that Jurassic World Adventure is likely going to be more screens than tangible. That finale looks great, but it’s only one part of a larger ride.

if y’all are complaining about mosasaur screens in Hollywood, you’re probably not gonna like the first half of the ride in Beijing.

Le sigh. I know it's China but it's incredibly disappointing that we can't get fully practical rides like we used to (sans Hagrid's). I thought they were starting to move away from screens after F&F? I have high hopes for SNW but getting a bad feeling it's going to be screen heavy. Also I really don't want to lose the great, ENTIRELY PRACTICAL opening to River Adventure. Really, even Disney's been doing some very practical attractions the last five years.

Last edited:
Le sigh. I know it's China but it's incredibly disappointing that we can't get fully practical rides like we used to (sans Hagrid's). I thought they were starting to move away from screens after F&F? I have high hopes for SNW but getting a bad feeling it's going to be screen heavy. Also I really don't want to lose the great, ENTIRELY PRACTICAL opening to River Adventure. Really, even Disney's been doing some very practical attractions the last five years.
I think sometimes it makes Sense...like Mario Kart. It's NEVER been real or trying to look real, its a video game and has an art style that fits with screens.

Jurassic while using CGI in the first films many times do things with practical effects when they could so it felt real. I don't even mind the Aquarium I think it just should be somewhere else. The OG ride had a great opening it just needed to be updated. Honestly with how boring the Predators Cove is wish somehow that was where the Aquarium was and would also be maybe shorter.

But I think while impossible because it would cost too much...my hope was always you enter JP and they had free roam Dinosaurs in the first two show scenes...would be jaw dropping but cost way to much for Universal I'm sure

If there has to be screens, I just hope there is at least Dino/guest face-offs in this attraction... nobody wants to watch 2 Dinos fight each other on a screen while your vehicle just shakes in between them... Hoping Kong360 in Hollywood taught them something when considering this for China. Transformers/Spiderman work great because the characters on screen are after you personally which adds a more thrilling feel to the whole ride experience.

I think sometimes it makes Sense...like Mario Kart. It's NEVER been real or trying to look real, its a video game and has an art style that fits with screens.

Jurassic while using CGI in the first films many times do things with practical effects when they could so it felt real. I don't even mind the Aquarium I think it just should be somewhere else. The OG ride had a great opening it just needed to be updated. Honestly with how boring the Predators Cove is wish somehow that was where the Aquarium was and would also be maybe shorter.

But I think while impossible because it would cost too much...my hope was always you enter JP and they had free roam Dinosaurs in the first two show scenes...would be jaw dropping but cost way to much for Universal I'm sure

Maybe, but after all the screen rides they've made, they're due for a streak of very practical rides.

Maybe, but after all the screen rides they've made, they're due for a streak of very practical rides.
Beijing unfortunately missed the Hagrid's, Pets, Mario, Velocicoaster streak.

Whatever's next for Beijing should be practical though. Hagrid's or Pets are the next obvious choice to slot into either the Illumination or Harry Potter expansion plot.

Beijing unfortunately missed the Hagrid's, Pets, Mario, Velocicoaster streak.

Whatever's next for Beijing should be practical though. Hagrid's or Pets are the next obvious choice to slot into either the Illumination or Harry Potter expansion plot.

It makes sense for Beijing to have a lot of screen rides of course. Given how much of it needs to be indoors because of all the smog.

If Florida ever gets a JW retheme, I feel like the best changes would be to modify the Mososaur screen and put it in either the queue or somewhere in the streets (could be just a wall instead of a tunnel), put Blue et al. in the containment paddock and keep the storage building an industrial building, with Tiff still coming out of the fog. That way, you still have the great opening and a build up from the herbivores to the carnivores. Basically, I'd like minimal changes (mentions of Park --> World) to the version we have now.

Last edited:
I still think it was a missed opportunity in Orlando to not build an "underground" observatory in front of the visitors center by the lake. Just like the ones they have at Seaworld. They could have run a shorter version, 3 aquarium view windows, and have it do the same thing as in the Hollywood version, it speeds up and attacks the glass, causing it to break and giving a nice cold water sprits. Run that sequence every 15 mins, Like a really awesome cooldown spot. The rest of the time is just fish or the occasional Mosa sighting.

I still think it was a missed opportunity in Orlando to not build an "underground" observatory in front of the visitors center by the lake. Just like the ones they have at Seaworld. They could have run a shorter version, 3 aquarium view windows, and have it do the same thing as in the Hollywood version, it speeds up and attacks the glass, causing it to break and giving a nice cold water sprits. Run that sequence every 15 mins, Like a really awesome cooldown spot. The rest of the time is just fish or the occasional Mosa sighting.
I wanted this as the reverse side of the new Forbidden Journey lockers.

This is probably a discussion for Orlando, but I think that..actually puts the question of River Adventure in Orlando getting revamped to an interesting light.

Could they of done that for the area? Absolutely. However, now with them opting to not have the Mosasarus sequence out publicly; it could allow them to incorporate it with whatever they do with River Adventure going forward.

It has grown on me for Hollywood, especially when seeing day/night versions of the scene.