General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This POV shows what I said about the Trex. The angle isn’t great as it focuses more on the indo than rexy, but you can see that when the TRex head’s lowered towards the guests, it freezes and is pulled back into the dark. In other POVs, when the head drops towards the guests, it remains far out of the dark while lunging and swinging its head back and forth like the original ending. It seems like there are currently two variations being tested:
1. Indo+Rexy distracts+Rexy attacks
2. Indo+Rexy distracts+Rexy retreats

New video came out where the boat gets stuck at the top of the lift hill. Looks like the Indominus just kind of sniffs the air while the boat waits. Breakdown starts around 10:47

The fact that you can still see the Indo still sniffing after the blackout feels like it’d be scary af irl lol. Hell, the fact you have to go through that sequence in darkness feels scary as well. I love that they have it go into a sniffing animation though, it’s definitely clever.

It's interesting that the T-Rex didn't activate. I guess it requires a full uninterrupted sequence to work properly.
Do we know for sure the T-Rex didn't activate, maybe the lights just didn't come back on. The Indo went seamlessly back into her animations when it started back up again but the lights didn't come back up on her either.

I remember being on the old Jurassic Park and stopping behind a boat that was stopped in that exact spot. I’m guessing it’s just what happens when the ride cascades. Looks like it recovers pretty well.

In my experience, since I was in boat behind the next one to go down the drop, I saw the whole T-Rex scene twice. Once from farther back— then the boat went down the drop, the scene reset— and then again for my boat but without music or additional sound effects. Just the T-Rex, its roar, and the waterfall. It was neat! Sniffing Indominus in the dark plus ambiguous T-Rex is a whole other level of nightmare though. Wow!

Speaking of the old scene, why did they get rid of the waterfall? It would have made for a great backdrop behind the I-Rex.

Reactions: Tristan
Most likely due to the water/mist affecting the animatronic.
I know it may have not been easy, but couldn't they have made the animatronics waterproof? I don't know much about animatronics lol so I may be sounding really dumb, but surely there could be some measures they could take to make them water resistant?

This POV shows what I said about the Trex. The angle isn’t great as it focuses more on the indo than rexy, but you can see that when the TRex head’s lowered towards the guests, it freezes and is pulled back into the dark. In other POVs, when the head drops towards the guests, it remains far out of the dark while lunging and swinging its head back and forth like the original ending. It seems like there are currently two variations being tested:
1. Indo+Rexy distracts+Rexy attacks
2. Indo+Rexy distracts+Rexy retreats

Why would this POV be any different, they were in the same boat as me

Reactions: Nico
I know it may have not been easy, but couldn't they have made the animatronics waterproof? I don't know much about animatronics lol so I may be sounding really dumb, but surely there could be some measures they could take to make them water resistant?
They did that with nearly all of them for the original ride, but that’s what eventually led to its downfall. The waterproof animatronics needed more maintenance than your average animatronic to prevent water damage, and this increased level of maintenance was more than universal was willing to do. That’s why the original 4 animatronics that touched water was dropped down to 1. They probably removed the waterfall for reliability and to keep Rexy in mint condition for longer

Why would this POV be any different, they were in the same boat as me
Cool, you can attest then. Did you think that Rexy didn’t do as much after roaring at the indo than in some other POVs? How many rides did you get?

Reactions: Paulio and 180°
They did that with nearly all of them for the original ride, but that’s what eventually led to its downfall. The waterproof animatronics needed more maintenance than your average animatronic to prevent water damage, and this increased level of maintenance was more than universal was willing to do. That’s why the original 4 animatronics that touched water was dropped down to 1. They probably removed the waterfall for reliability and to keep Rexy in mint condition for longer
That makes sense. Especially for an animatronic as complex as him, maintenance would be hell I'd assume lol.

Looking forward to check it out again soon. I've been off the forums for awhile because it was just depressing waiting but finally we see light at the end of the tunnel and a revamp of Jurassic World.

Cool, you can attest then. Did you think that Rexy didn’t do as much after roaring at the indo than in some other POVs? How many rides did you get?
I’ve been on the ride about 9-10 times now. Haven’t noticed anything major in terms of an animation shift as I mentioned, the only thing I noticed was that sometimes the timing of the overall event doesn’t seem to be on the money.

I’ve been on the ride about 9-10 times now. Haven’t noticed anything major in terms of an animation shift as I mentioned, the only thing I noticed was that sometimes the timing of the overall event doesn’t seem to be on the money.
And for a boat ride where speed is determined by water flow, I think that comes with the territory.

Reactions: BriefCasey
That makes sense. If the timing’s off, the boat may already be down the drop before Rexy can go through the entire loop of motion

Reactions: Alicia
the minimal additions to Predator Cove, still aren't enough to win me over for that section of the ride.
I agree. Would it kill them to maybe at least have a falling gyrosphere in place of where the Jeep moment used to be? What was once the most exciting moment is now easily the most boring of the entire ride. Even when the Jeep spot wasn't working, at least there was SOMETHING there to look at.

I agree. Would it kill them to maybe at least have a falling gyrosphere in place of where the Jeep moment used to be? What was once the most exciting moment is now easily the most boring of the entire ride. Even when the Jeep spot wasn't working, at least there was SOMETHING there to look at.

They probably don't want to do that, considering the amount of maintenance in doing so. The Jeep didn't work properly every time a boat passed through, and I would imagine it's too much of a hassle to bring something like that back with the Gyrosphere.

I don’t think it’s so bad anymore. They’ve added moving foliage behind the broken open gates now (in addition to the raptor foliage), and have an I-Rex AA just ahead. It all seems to work, for me.

Much better then a broken down car rusting away.