Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

….and nobody is surprised :lol:

This follows their trend of using Memorial Day/Early June as the likely time period when Disney announces a “Summer” opening.

There has been at least one opening around this time every year since 2014 domestically. Openings around this time include:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (2014)
Paint The Night (2015)
Frozen Ever After (2016)
GotG: Mission Breakout (2017)
Pandora (2017)
Happily Ever After (2017)
Toy Story Land (2018)
Galaxy’s Edge (DL - 2019)
Avengers Campus/WEB Slingers (2020)

Last edited:
The station’s colors seem… off for the Guardians franchise. When it comes to Xandar especially, who is supposedly hosting this pavilion, we have never seen red used. In fact, I’m stretching to think of Red was really ever used in the Guardians franchise in a similar context.

Also, I just realized, is this attraction going to follow the Pandora/Galaxy’s Edge trend of not having a sign with the attraction’s name in front? Feels odd for a stand-alone attraction.

The station’s colors seem… off for the Guardians franchise. When it comes to Xandar especially, who is supposedly hosting this pavilion, we have never seen red used. In fact, I’m stretching to think of Red was really ever used in the Guardians franchise in a similar context.

Also, I just realized, is this attraction going to follow the Pandora/Galaxy’s Edge trend of not having a sign with the attraction’s name in front? Feels odd for a stand-alone attraction.
I think they are banking on the Star Destroyer being the “icon” (much like the Millennium Falcon), which does more to advertise the ride than an attraction sign does.

Yes. I bet we'll see CM previews in late April/early May followed by DVC and AP previews then general admission previews before and during the Memorial Day weekend crowd.

That would be amazing if we could preview we are going with DVC members the week before so perhaps we have a decent chance? That would be so awesome!

True, but WDI are also the folks that have to be reminded that ADA accessibility is a thing, even though ramps, etc. “don’t exist” on “actual” Batuu, Pandora, Star Destroyers, etc.

Do we think virtual line system? Or has Disney finally learned and built a queue large enough to accommodate…?
Queue is 30% of Energy building....which is larger than the gravity building by a lot.

Yes. I bet we'll see CM previews in late April/early May followed by DVC and AP previews then general admission previews before and during the Memorial Day weekend crowd.

It's going to need a lot of testing with a lot of bodies. They would be morons if they waited that long to do it ..Rat ride had a much longer soft period than anyone probably remembers despite ticking over nicely before it went SBNO for six months.

I see previews for Guardians playing out very similarly to Rat’s previews, with the only potential changes being on the CM preview side (significantly fewer preview dates for them; they were basically begging people to go to the Rat previews).

Reactions: Alicia