Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see Avatar having people lined up to get in like Star Wars and Harry Potter will and did. I am sure the land will be great and the rides fantastic, but it's Avatar. There is no fan base. It will increase AK's attendance I am sure, but honestly not sure how much.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I don't see Avatar having people lined up to get in like Star Wars and Harry Potter will and did. I am sure the land will be great and the rides fantastic, but it's Avatar. There is no fan base. It will increase AK's attendance I am sure, but honestly not sure how much.
I think Avatar will get it more from word of mouth or if they make some amazing ads.

Reactions: DoubleJ
While I still think Star Wars will do very well, the long time lag until it's completed may bring into question if that will reach Potter type levels. And while Avatar looks impressive, I would seriously doubt it will pull a total attendance increase as strong as New Fantasyland. NFL had much stronger IP's, plus they were IP's WDW's demographics are attracted to. Avatar has no real fan base.

I wonder if SWL will expand the popularity and attendance prior to their previous high point it just return it to that point. Same for DAK.

Disney didn't think Everest got the ROI it needed to justify building more original rides, so yeah, no. On the outside it'll be "wow greatest success ever" but on the inside...
All I care about is how the final product is, I don't care how much they spent. The final product will undoubtedly be something to marvel at and give guests a reason to go to DAK.

I'm sure they'll increase gate prices and prices elsewhere to try and cover from quarter-to-quarter to cover any lost profits though, yes.

I wonder if SWL will expand the popularity and attendance prior to their previous high point it just return it to that point. Same for DAK.
Either way, people will have an actual REASON to go to DAK and DHS after all of this is done.

Right now MK is getting hit hard while all the other parks are really soft. Taking pressure off of MK (even if it's just a shift of crowds) is a good thing. MK shouldn't have to put up with the crowds it takes on at night, other parks need to hold their weight, too.

All I care about is how the final product is, I don't care how much they spent. The final product will undoubtedly be something to marvel at and give guests a reason to go to DAK.

I'm sure they'll increase gate prices and prices elsewhere to try and cover from quarter-to-quarter to cover any lost profits though, yes.
Well, the price they spent could have a negative effect on future projects. The original Avatar budget was $500 million. Because it ballooned so much that it doubled, that's another $500 million not being used for other Animal Kingdom additions that are needed and could make the tightwads even tighter because WDI can't handle a budget.

Well, the price they spent could have a negative effect on future projects. The original Avatar budget was $500 million. Because it ballooned so much that it doubled, that's another $500 million not being used for other Animal Kingdom additions that are needed and could make the tightwads even tighter because WDI can't handle a budget.
I'm not making excuses for them not being able to tighten the budget, but i'm also glad they didn't half-ass it once they realized that the $500M budget wasn't going to come close to cutting it.

I'm not making excuses for them not being able to tighten the budget, but i'm also glad they didn't half-ass it once they realized that the $500M budget wasn't going to come close to cutting it.
I don't care that they are spending money, but for a BILLION dollars I expect far more that what I'm seeing. The coaster should have been added as well as another smaller ride for the money they're spending. Rock work may be expensive, but to only get two rides, a restaurant, and some pretty scenery for what they spent us beyond ridiculous, especially considering this project has cost Disney more than the entire park did when it opened!

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog

You're in a forum discussion that dives into the thought processes and reasonings behind the decisions these theme parks make. Nobody here wants a bad product, so in the end to handwave and say you only care about how the final product turns out is counter productive to the conversation at best and totally dismissive at worst.

Reactions: Nick and Mike S
You're in a forum discussion that dives into the thought processes and reasonings behind the decisions these theme parks make. Nobody here wants a bad product, so in the end to handwave and say you only care about how the final product turns out is counter productive to the conversation at best and totally dismissive at worst.
I guess I just don't care to talk about things so far out of my control. I could moan about the costs all day but it doesn't change anything.

Also, why are we having this conversation in the GOTG thread and not the Pandora?

Reactions: DoubleJ and rioriz
I guess I just don't care to talk about things so far out of my control. I could moan about the costs all day but it doesn't change anything.

Also, why are we having this conversation in the GOTG thread and not the Pandora?
Everyone's gotten tired of my nonsense in that thread.

Everyone's gotten tired of my nonsense in that thread.

Perhap's it's best that you should try to not bring that to a thread centered around a potential Guardians of the Galaxy attraction and not Pandora - The World of Avatar?

Sometimes it's best to have certain threads stay on topic and to not derail them?

Back onto the topic of Guardians, with the fun response coming out of DCA's TOT closure; what would be the potential reaction be that could be seen if DHS's TOT was fated to close for it?

It's an interesting question to ponder, but with DCA's TOT closing going so well with the fanbase, I want to ask that for that very reason; regardless if it's going to stay open.

Reactions: rioriz and Mike S
Perhap's it's best that you should try to not bring that to a thread centered around a potential Guardians of the Galaxy attraction and not Pandora - The World of Avatar?

Sometimes it's best to have certain threads stay on topic and to not derail them?

Back onto the topic of Guardians, with the fun response coming out of DCA's TOT closure; what would be the potential reaction be that could be seen if DHS's TOT was fated to close for it?

It's an interesting question to ponder, but with DCA's TOT closing going so well with the fanbase, I want to ask that for that very reason; regardless if it's going to stay open.
Of course.

The response would be much the same, just louder, bigger, and...extremely violent. Iger would have to ask his buddies in Congress for some Secret Service protection.

also there is nothing to substantiate what is internet rumor and what is reality so ther is no reason to discuss the billion when we dont know what it really cost

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot! Universe of Energy will be closed in January 2017! We have to wait for the announcement for Guardians of the Galaxy attraction ride is likely to be announced at the upcoming Destination D Event!

Source?

I mean I am all for something replacing Energy, but I have hard time believing it is GotG. I mean if they could use GotG in WDW why not just do the ToT thing, especially since Rock n Roll will be re-themed at some point. I mean obviously I would NOT want that type of thing to be done. But that would be the WDW way, cheap overlay vs. brand new ride.