Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope that it looks better in natural lighting.
Me as well, but it's pretty difficult. It's just so ugly! Martin has said that GotG attraction in Epcot and the revamped Future World would have a Xandar aesthetic, in contrast to the dingy-looking ToT remodel, so props to Disney for that (assuming everything goes to plan). For once, I think the FL parks will be getting the better end of the stick.

Last edited:
Reactions: rioriz
I'll save you the time. Don't. Feel free to PM me though if you so wish to continue what's wrong with it.
If you insist...I really have no problem writing it.

P.S. My original comment probably came off as too harsh. This wasn't my intention at all. I apologize for any offense I may have caused.

Last edited:
This is my thing and why I don't care if this replaces Energy. I feel like the reason tomorrowland and Future World are in such a sad shape is because Disney has not figured out a way to make rides for these two areas and stick within the theme of those lands. So I have given up all hope and feel that if they want to change the side of Future World that has TT and all those other things into some other completely different theme, I am OK with it. The front and the other side can be past history and discovery which it is with the Land, Sea, and the globe ride (sorry that is what my family calls is). My thought is, if they are going to put something new that will attract crowds and be GOOD, then I am for it at this point. Energy needs replaced (even though I love the Dino part) and the other empty buildings need to follow. If this will start all that, then go for it.

Now the ToT idea I complained about big time and thought was the dumbest thing ever, so I am glad that is not happening at WDW. But Epcot? I am OK with that. Epcot needs help and if Disney is going to be lost on how to add stuff within the theme, I am good with a re-theme of that area.

This is my thing and why I don't care if this replaces Energy. I feel like the reason tomorrowland and Future World are in such a sad shape is because Disney has not figured out a way to make rides for these two areas and stick within the theme of those lands. So I have given up all hope and feel that if they want to change the side of Future World that has TT and all those other things into some other completely different theme, I am OK with it. The front and the other side can be past history and discovery which it is with the Land, Sea, and the globe ride (sorry that is what my family calls is). My thought is, if they are going to put something new that will attract crowds and be GOOD, then I am for it at this point. Energy needs replaced (even though I love the Dino part) and the other empty buildings need to follow. If this will start all that, then go for it.

Now the ToT idea I complained about big time and thought was the dumbest thing ever, so I am glad that is not happening at WDW. But Epcot? I am OK with that. Epcot needs help and if Disney is going to be lost on how to add stuff within the theme, I am good with a re-theme of that area.
While small this proves Disney can still do it right.
fb_img_1475156565143-jpg.165824

In the fact that it always seems like we have rumors of GoTG popping up for WDW, this has now come to the matter from this time; WDW1974 on WDWMagic..

..as usual, taking it with salt but it's worth posting as he has apparently had a good track record.

• GOTG wouldn't be going into Ellen because the budget to do that would be at about the price that would be above what RSR's was (did mention that the previous plans for Ellen have stopped but there could be the possibility of Tron coming in..
  • GOTG would instead be going to Tower of Terror once TSL opens up.

As usual, I am taking it with salt; but at this point, I am just considering any and all marvel rumors false until either A.) Disney announces it or B.), A Federal Lawsuit takes place before Disney could even make the announcement; as I would assume that NBCUniversal/TWDC talk frequently about the contracts..

In the fact that it always seems like we have rumors of GoTG popping up for WDW, this has now come to the matter from this time; WDW1974 on WDWMagic..

..as usual, taking it with salt but it's worth posting as he has apparently had a good track record.

• GOTG wouldn't be going into Ellen because the budget to do that would be at about the price that would be above what RSR's was (did mention that the previous plans for Ellen have stopped but there could be the possibility of Tron coming in..
  • GOTG would instead be going to Tower of Terror once TSL opens up.

As usual, I am taking it with salt; but at this point, I am just considering any and all marvel rumors false until either A.) Disney announces it or B.), A Federal Lawsuit takes place before Disney could even make the announcement; as I would assume that NBCUniversal/TWDC talk frequently about the contracts..

I can't imagine - given the incredibly vocal and negative reaction to California's announced Tower change - that Disney would go back to this concept. I tend to think this is just WDW1974 tossing this out there to be provocative and to agitate Disney World fans, which he clearly loves to do.

But never say never, I guess.

We have all the existing closures, upcoming Toy Story and Star Wars lands, possible retheming of RnR/TGMR and again maybe redo of ToT? Good thing they plan on changing the name of the park. Not much going to be left of the old park.

Guess it makes sense. Just as much of Hollywood productions have moved out to other states and countries much of DHS is out. Hard to believe WDW is still charging full price for that park.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Appears the skepticism about GotG here was right. (At least for Epcot) Always bet on the cheap option when it comes to Disney, especially in Marvel because of how limited it is.

Appears the skepticism about GotG here was right. (At least for Epcot) Always bet on the cheap option when it comes to Disney, especially in Marvel because of how limited it is.
According to WDW1974 over there, it was bc the price tag on the Epcot attraction was WAY out of control. Higher than Radiator Springs Racers, which is the most expensive theme park ride in history.

I'm getting tired of cross posting "rumors" across boards. I feel like we're being taken on a ride.
Rumors are rumors. We can all do what we choose with them, no one is forcing anyone to believe them.

I personally don't think any of this is ever going happen, but I do think it is important to report on what the current "rumors" are. People are going to talk about about it everywhere else so it's going to end up here eventually.

I posted in another thread that kinda got sidetracked about GotG/Ellen ain't happening. So it's nice to see now that in some way... It was slightly validated from the Disney side.

I don't think the ToT is happening either but "wait N see"

Spirit hinted at talks being made between Disney and Universal to use certain Marvel IPs in the parks but Universal was not relinquishing any rights and did get something out of it though what they got is not theme park related.

Page 19, A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)..., Post #361