Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An outdoor portion makes me think of this. I don't know if this would be considered a "family coaster" but I've dreamed of getting something similar.

Yeah, I don't know if the Test Track technology counts as a coaster. I tend to not count it as it doesn't run on rails. Probably getting into minutia. If the HP coaster approaches Journey to the Center of The Earth, it will be an amazing success.

Not really. I'm more excited for Star Wars, my wife is more excited for HP. I'm sure they're people more excited for TSL and some probably aren't excited by any of this.

I'm the person not excited about any of it. Hate the Toy Story Land idea...those are cheap. Star Wars is a 'yawn' to me...been there, done that. It's so overrated to me. Potter? I like it but we already have two large lands of it...I'd much rather see Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, or DC Comics.

But whatever. Potter is popular. The expansion is happening. I just hope this is a really good ride since they're removing a ride I really enjoyed.

I'm the person not excited about any of it. Hate the Toy Story Land idea...those are cheap. Star Wars is a 'yawn' to me...been there, done that. It's so overrated to me. Potter? I like it but we already have two large lands of it...I'd much rather see Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, or DC Comics.

But whatever. Potter is popular. The expansion is happening. I just hope this is a really good ride since they're removing a ride I really enjoyed.

What about Nintendo?

How can Star Wars be "been there, done that" if what they're building is all new? Are you a time traveler?

Although I'm more excited for Forbidden Forest, I do expect the Star Wars E-Ticket to be very well done...Let's not forget Scott Trowbridge (guy interviewed in many of the Star Wars ride interviews) had his hands on Spiderman

Personally curious, how do you think that SW is a "been there, done that". We have had only one attraction, and never a full sized land to the extent of what they are doing for GE. I'm confused about that.

And that while I love LoTR, ST, and DC/WB; there are reasons to why we haven't seen Universal tackle any of those IP's, and I doubt Disney will touch a Warner IP when they have multiple IPs from their catalogue that can be used, whether it's new and fresh or iconic and historical.

As for Potter, I think it would be wise to get excited about it; as Dragon Challenge lost a lot of it's charm when the conversion from LC to Hogsmeade was made; and that what will replace it will bring the area to a higher amount of thematic cohesion that is more to the Diagon Alley area of detail.

Last edited:
Because some people just like to hate things for no reason. Even if these things have never actually existed before.
He never sayed he hated it. A large themed land with new never before seen rides has already been done in potter. Yes he may not be interested in few different experiences and new technology, but everybody has an opinion. Let him be.

Yeah, no-where he said that he hated the concept. And that while yes it has been done before; they are landlocked for that spot in particular of what they could do, because of the addition of the Hogwarts Express.

And that I would be excited about the new attraction, and what may come along with it; as I doubt this is going to be a one hit and done.

Reactions: Mad Dog and LJGonz
If Universal could do something along those lines, with better sets/screens (Just a few screens), then it would be a hit. Extend the coaster portion and make it a little more thrilling and BAM! This ride would be Harry Potter and The Mummy's baby.

Eh, Mummy used to Impress me. Maybe I've just done it enough it's lost it's wow. I still love it though. The Dragon Challenge plot of land is more than big enough for a show building the size of Gringotts... I think we'll see a very small extension of Hogsmeade into a forbidden forest area. Hogsmeade can use another shop and another eatery or two, and then of course the ride to top it off. I want to see something more practical, To the tune of gringotts... But no screens. My favorite part of Gringotts is barreling through the rather short parts where you are seeing the vaults and the track. The cohesion with the screens is impressive. It's awesome. But the charm of rides like Jaws and Kongfrontation was the fact you were completely immersed in a physical set. That should always come first. Screens allow you to "bend the rules" and do things completely impossible using practical technology, But at what point do you say, That's too much "Impossible". I think the golden standard of mixing physical sets and screens is still Forbidden Journey. I hope the creative team has realized what people are asking for has already been done, and will be sitting adjacent to this new ride on the same property, and I hope they can pull together an awesome new adventure, that will thrill and enlighten.

Also, Those sound barriers if they stay need to be rethemed to the viewing towers on the quidditch pitch. Imagine being a kid going to universal for the first time and driving by seeing the Quidditch towers and Hogwarts Castle looming in the distance.

Wasn't their talk about a secret announcement after the reveal of the new Harry Potter project? I heard that an already existing attraction would get an update. Something along the lines of mummy, JP, shrek.

Edit: bit all of those attractions but just one.

Reactions: tankart150
Wasn't their talk about a secret announcement after the reveal of the new Harry Potter project? I heard that an already existing attraction would get an update. Something along the lines of mummy, JP, shrek.

Edit: bit all of those attractions but just one.
A Mummy update announcement would probably get me more excited than I am for this. I've wanted it since FJ opened. Gringotts made me want it even more. New AAs, physical sets added to replace screens, and projection mapping to add a little more life (the fire room could really use this). Pipe dream, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.