Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope whatever this ride is way better than Journey. It's honestly not all that great, TBH.

giphy.gif

This is the first link I've seen so news to me. I know we had people assuming here, but no one ever said for sure.

Sooooooo are we going the SFX now? Does this 90% confirm that or? If so, super pumped about this.

Not a confirmation, but with everything linking Dynamics and Universal working together its pretty obvious.
I wouldn't put too much into it. Looking at their twitter, theyre all over the place. Articles and videos about Slinky dog being installed, etc. - which has nothing to do with them.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
So something occured to me a little while ago... Disney has made an effort to create merchandise for BOTH Great Movie Ride & Universe of Energy. Yes, that is a terrible cash grab on their part & is a little insulting that both rides have existed for as long as they have with zero merchandise.

Anyway, with that being said.. I find it odd & interesting that while Dueling Dragons DID have a giftshop & merchandise, Dragons Challenge does not. Can't remember if Flying Unicorn had anything. Potter has a crap ton of merchandise (some of it very generic), but not even a tshirt for "Flight of the Hippogriff".

So with the completely unfortunate demise of Dragons Challenge, its a little disappointing that there isn't a tshirt or anything for the rebranded coaster. This was definitely a missed opportunity for merchandise. Stuffed Hungarian Horntail & Chinese Fireball dragons. A shirt for both dragons. A shirt for the coaster itself featuring both dragons. :cry:

So something occured to me a little while ago... Disney has made an effort to create merchandise for BOTH Great Movie Ride & Universe of Energy. Yes, that is a terrible cash grab on their part & is a little insulting that both rides have existed for as long as they have with zero merchandise.

Anyway, with that being said.. I find it odd & interesting that while Dueling Dragons DID have a giftshop & merchandise, Dragons Challenge does not. Can't remember if Flying Unicorn had anything. Potter has a crap ton of merchandise (some of it very generic), but not even a tshirt for "Flight of the Hippogriff".

So with the completely unfortunate demise of Dragons Challenge, its a little disappointing that there isn't a tshirt or anything for the rebranded coaster. This was definitely a missed opportunity for merchandise. Stuffed Hungarian Horntail & Chinese Fireball dragons. A shirt for both dragons. A shirt for the coaster itself featuring both dragons. :cry:
Universal has never been good at building nostalgia whereas Disney's reputation is based on years of nostalgia building.

Universal has never been good at building nostalgia whereas Disney's reputation is based on years of nostalgia building.

Personally, I think that while it is obviously a cash-grab it is also a great idea for fans of the ride to be able to grab a last minute piece of memorabilia for a ride that spans many peoples childhoods and adult life. Yeah, they are both tired, yeah it is time for them to go I would say, but people will still remember them. As mentioned, Universal is a nostalgic place for me and a place I will always love but they don't harness the same emotional nostalgia as Disney manage to do. I think nostalgia is in everything Disney do. That being said, I would have loved a Dragon Challenge t-shirt, as much as I wish I had purchased something relating to Duelling Dragons. I am sad to see the ride go, but I am more than confident that whatever replaces it will be very well done.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Status
Not open for further replies.