Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Interesting article mostly sharing because it mentions that bride and toothfairy are mothballed and will be returning in 2021
kinda funny that they would bother including the screenshot of the dm rather than just the image and still bother to black out the names, since unless like 50 people worked on that one gargoyle it probably wouldn't be that hard for universal to find out who took that pic.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Wasn’t it “Demons of”?
Not according to the house shirt.
kinda funny that they would bother including the screenshot of the dm rather than just the image and still bother to black out the names, since unless like 50 people worked on that one gargoyle it probably wouldn't be that hard for universal to find out who took that pic.
The screenshot of the DM was the leak. The standalone photo (to my knowledge) never made it out. And during construction, all the builders and several other types of employees (techs, management, certain ops) have access to the houses. One of 50-60 people could have taken the picture.)

Not according to the house shirt.

The screenshot of the DM was the leak. The standalone photo (to my knowledge) never made it out. And during construction, all the builders and several other types of employees (techs, management, certain ops) have access to the houses. One of 50-60 people could have taken the picture.)
Makes sense, though the "I didn't get to finish" part implies it was one individual working on the gargoyle alone. I suppose they maybe could have cropped it but I can't imagine that would have looked great.

Interesting article mostly sharing because it mentions that bride and toothfairy are mothballed and will be returning in 2021

Really interesting. This and Haunting of Hill House were my most anticipated for 2020. Such a bummer!

A leaked image of an under-construction gargoyle statue in the Billie Eilish house.
Oh okay, thanks! I figured as much, I'm just confused where everyone is seeing it and talking like it's common knowledge, I guess! Unless all traces of it have been scrubbed from the internet :bolt:

I’ve heard talks but can’t confirm anything more then that
Damn, I assumed they had to go but it's depressing at the thought that they will never be brought to there full potential because of the COVID precautions.
Can we assume the same talk is also happening with Tooth? Someone told me that they are planning to just remove some of it to fix the worn pieces of the house or build back what needs to be fixed.

Damn, I assumed they had to go but it's depressing at the thought that they will never be brought to there full potential because of the COVID precautions.
Can we assume the same talk is also happening with Tooth? Someone told me that they are planning to just remove some of it to fix the worn pieces of the house or build back what needs to be fixed.
I wouldn't count brides out entirely yet. I have heard rumors saying both will be gone but I just don't know if I personally believe them. I agree with you I would love to see these houses at full potential cause even during covid these were some of the best houses imo

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wouldn't count brides out entirely yet. I have heard rumors saying both will be gone but I just don't know if I personally believe them. I agree with you I would love to see these houses at full potential cause even during covid these were some of the best houses imo
Same here.
If that's the case we'd have more spec related discussion at the very least.

That reminds me, I get why there is a hold off on the creation of the speculation thread, but I have to say with the possibility of planned houses being cut, and the mysterious fate of Bride and Tooth, that itself should be enough for a speculation thread at the moment. I know some said they'd wait for dates to be dropped before they can even consider it's creation, but I feel like this isn't a normal year, once again, we will be waiting on that even more then usual (usually we get dates around Dec-Jan.) I think you guys should reconsider holding off on that thread until info is released. I can make a list on things that could be talked about that should be discussed in the Speculation thread for 2021 right now at this very moment. Why wait any longer? Not trying to come off as aggressive, just concerned.
Thank you.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Same here.
If that's the case we'd have more spec related discussion at the very least.

That reminds me, I get why there is a hold off on the creation of the speculation thread, but I have to say with the possibility of planned houses being cut, and the mysterious fate of Bride and Tooth, that itself should be enough for a speculation thread at the moment.
Thank you.

Billie Eilish is so far the only house that's been strongly rumored to have been scrapped, that's one house.

As for the fate of Brides and Tooth Fairy, right now that is easily boiled down to "Are they staying/getting refurbished?" or "Are they getting replaced?". There's not a lot of speculation to go off of those right now, and if it ends up the former, then there is honestly nothing to speculate on as we know what they are (and in some cases, have already gone through them!).

As it stands, that is not enough to justify starting a speculation thread since it goes in aimless circles when there's little to speculate on. One house won't cut it, and the other two are essentially a 50/50 discussion point.

Last edited:
Billie Eilish is so far the only house that's been strongly rumored to have been scrapped, that's one house.

As for the fate of Brides and Tooth Fairy, right now that is easily boiled down to "Are they staying/getting refurbished?" or "Are they getting replaced?". There's not a lot of speculation to go off of those, and if it ends up the former, then the speculation is zero.

As it stands, that is not enough to justify starting a speculation thread as well, let's face it, it goes in aimless circles when there's little to speculate on. One house won't cut it, and the other two are essentially a 50/50 discussion point.
These are the houses that are more less concrete...
BeetleJuice
Icons
Scary Ohio
Wicked Growth
TCM
Puppet Theatre

-Hill house I have heard may be out the door, which a lot of people have suspected because of that being one of the factors of the cancellation of the event.
-Bride and Tooth are likely to be booted because of the decay that apparently they went through (which I have complex feelings about anyway, I can see your argument there.)
They could fix them but that is Speculation of their fate like I said.
-Billie is already confirmed not returning.

This is my point, the possibility and debate of those houses staying or leaving should be discussed in a speculation thread for HHN 30, not here.
We can't really talk about any of that in this thread.
Plus, we never really got to talk about scare zones other then the last "What would of been" spec map that released which was vague on the contents of those.

And people that have information have been hesitant to post it here because it does not belong here.

Reactions: SeventyOne
-Hill house I have heard may be out the door, which a lot of people have suspected because of that being one of the factors of the cancellation of the event.
-Bride and Tooth are likely to be booted because of the decay that apparently they went through (which I have complex feelings about anyway, I can see your argument there.)
They could fix them but that is Speculation of their fate like I said.
-Billie is already confirmed not returning.

This is my point, the possibility and debate of those houses staying or leaving should be discussed in a speculation thread for HHN 30, not here.
We can't really talk about any of that in this thread.
Plus, we never really got to talk about scare zones other then the last "What would of been" spec map that released which was vague on the contents of those.

If Hill House is confirmed not to be coming, that's two houses. But chances are it's getting the Hive treatment since the house was built and it's not a do-over from scratch like the Shrek house is going through, so there's not much mileage in terms of spec for that.

For Bride and Tooth, there's just not much of a debate or discussion about their fate. Now if it's confirmed they're not coming back, then yes there'll be speculation on what's replacing them. But as of now, any side of the debate runs into the same dead end until it's confirmed what's actually happening.

Scarezones, unless reported otherwise they're mothballed like the houses.

I can fully understand wanting a spec thread, but we're in a very unique situation where the things that usually dominate the spec threads are already known. An the spec thread this year got really strained due to the delay of everything. We just gotta' be patient until some solid word comes in, or an official announcement which'll open up another discussion thread.

If “Hill House” isn’t happening, it’s going to end up being a generic ghost or vampire house and likely have a reworked facade. There wouldn’t be enough of a shift to warrant a lot of its own spec.

We’ve received no confirmation on if any houses apart from Eilish have been (or are being removed). Most of the strike team started their furlough last month. If the removal of more than Eilish gets confirmed, than there’s maybe something to discuss. However, they could just rebuild those same houses. Shared soundstage houses fit side-by-side like puzzle pieces. Nothing to spec until there is.

Scarezone information doesn’t start getting shared until July, typically. Nothing to spec until there is.

Any discussion, at this point, is circular noise.

If “Hill House” isn’t happening, it’s going to end up being a generic ghost or vampire house and likely have a reworked facade. There wouldn’t be enough of a shift to warrant a lot of its own spec.

We’ve received no confirmation on if any houses apart from Eilish have been (or are being removed). Most of the strike team started their furlough last month. If the removal of more than Eilish gets confirmed, than there’s maybe something to discuss. However, they could just rebuild those same houses. Shared soundstage houses fit side-by-side like puzzle pieces. Nothing to spec until there is.

Scarezone information doesn’t start getting shared until July, typically. Nothing to spec until there is.

Any discussion, at this point, is circular noise.
Makes me feel better that the fate of Bride and Tooth are still really up in the air. I really thought that they may be on the chopping block, thank you.